2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Honestly 127k isn't that bad for Darvin. I suppose if you put in the context of how he's played over the last few years it's hard to argue he deserves a raise..but considering the market on WRs I would have taken him at that price.

He had good chemistry with Collaros, and no one in the game blocks downfield better as a receiver, IMO. A loss like this is the price of winning a championship when everyone deserves or wants a raise. The ask was not unreasonable but more than we could afford to keep other pieces around. 

49 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Honestly 127k isn't that bad for Darvin. I suppose if you put in the context of how he's played over the last few years it's hard to argue he deserves a raise..but considering the market on WRs I would have taken him at that price.

It's 127k in hard money - we don't know what else he potentially stands to earn in Ottawa.  

I wish we'd do what the Stamps do under John Hufnagel & have been since he became GM over there... Keep signing receivers. Keep signing receivers. Keep signing receivers. That's been the mantra. Even when the Stamps had an all star at every receiver position & didn't need any more, they still kept bringing pass catchers in for a look/see during training camp or the season.  That's the only way to do it. Push the guys you have with younger & hungrier players wanting to take their place. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wish we'd do what the Stamps do under John Hufnagel & have been since he became GM over there... Keep signing receivers. Keep signing receivers. Keep signing receivers. That's been the mantra. Even when the Stamps had an all star at every receiver position & didn't need any more, they still kept bringing pass catchers in for a look/see during training camp or the season.  That's the only way to do it. Push the guys you have with younger & hungrier players wanting to take their place. 

Do you think they aren't doing that? Walters is the most proactive gm out there by far and he always brings guys in.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

what on earth makes you think they're not doing that? 

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Do you think they aren't doing that? Walters is the most proactive gm out there by far and he always brings guys in.

Huff usually brings in a bunch of receivers. I don't know how proactive we are when it comes to that. I think he does it more than anyone else. 

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

what on earth makes you think they're not doing that? 

I think Hufnagel does it more than anyone. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Huff usually brings in a bunch of receivers. I don't know how proactive we are when it comes to that. I think he does it more than anyone else. 

I think Hufnagel does it more than anyone. 

It's hard to judge receivers in winnipeg since until last season they were just an afterthought in the game plan to Harris. We saw a more qb focused game plan and suddenly Lawler led the league and Bailey emerged and demski looks pretty damned solid... 

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's hard to judge receivers in winnipeg since until last season they were just an afterthought in the game plan to Harris. We saw a more qb focused game plan and suddenly Lawler led the league and Bailey emerged and demski looks pretty damned solid... 

Yes, you're right. Can't have enough great receivers. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

3dn puts up Andrew harris left winnipeg articles like it's all they get paid for. 

Also one about Darvin adams. That ones a but more sad. Despite all the drops last year injuries the last 2 seasons and poor production the last 2 seasons he expected the Bombers to offer him career high money like ott did. 

It's hard to hear that he wanted to be back (I mean, obviously he did - but it still sucks to hear it), but they're giving him a raise on what we've been him for decreased production?

I can see why our camps weren't able to come to an agreement. 

22 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think it seems less bad than it is considering Duke and Lawler coming for 580k. 

In a normal cfl world with top wrs getting 150k to 200k its as bad as Duke and lawlers deals. Factoring in possible incentives it could be worse.

Darvin drops way too many and disappears way too much. His touches went down because he can't stay healthy and isn't reliable.

Chris brazzell was better and more consistent in his first 2 years here than Darvin was the last two. He was dropping balls like bowman but with out production. 

23 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Wish Josh Miller well.  From early season duty he was missing tackles and a step and a half too late.  For sure he must have done well in practices and meetings and could be a lot sharper should we see him play this year.

Wasn't it Josh Johnson who got a few starts early on and was getting routinely torched?

16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not really. He only played 1 quarter I think...before having his season end due to injury.

It wasn't long for sure. Less than a half. He did look poor too. But luckily we were crazy deep at db and only got better with the change. The fact he didn't draw back in as a vet when healthy and isn't back says all we need to know.