Semi-Finals - Sunday, November 28th

JCon

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

From the comments I read from Danny Austin on twitter & what I read online Dave Dickenson doesn't feel Maier is ready to step in as a reliever or starter which leaves me absolutely dumbfounded, Dickenson wants both Mitchell & Maier back & it appears that the club will let Maier walk in free agency if they can't sign him. This blind loyalty to Mitchell makes no sense. 

If Maier is a free agent.... Ottawa should get a contract created in time for day one of free agency. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps would be crazy to lose the guy because of Mitchell. 

Especially with Bo’s health issues the last few seasons. At their peak, Michael is definitely superior, and should have many good years left if playing at 100%. But the problem is he is not at 100% and may never be close to that again. That makes Maier a very valuable insurance policy and possibly the only viable option if Bo never heals (which gets closer to reality every day). 

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lots of food places in Moosomin along the highway since #1 was diverted around the town. 

From the comments I read from Danny Austin on twitter & what I read online Dave Dickenson doesn't feel Maier is ready to step in as a reliever or starter which leaves me absolutely dumbfounded, Dickenson wants both Mitchell & Maier back & it appears that the club will let Maier walk in free agency if they can't sign him. This blind loyalty to Mitchell makes no sense. 

Maier wasn't ready to step in, but Mitchell was? Huh. Well, if Maier had played, he could have caused the Stamps to lose the game, but everyone and their dog knew that Mitchell sure as spit wasn't going to win. 

54 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Maier wasn't ready to step in, but Mitchell was? Huh. Well, if Maier had played, he could have caused the Stamps to lose the game, but everyone and their dog knew that Mitchell sure as spit wasn't going to win. 

I remember thinking that should pit Maier in if they want any chance of winning the game... but at the same time Dickenson probably had a talk with Bo at half and said something to the effect of "this is your team and you're a future HOFer, time to prove you can get it done"... It is easier to accept if the captain goes down with ship 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

If you watched any CFL games this year, you know that Maier was their only chance of going to the Cup. I personally believe BLM wouldn't allow it, even if Dickie did want to make the change. 

Imagine how much better he would of been had they given him an extra 3 - 5 games as a starter rather then bringing BLM back early from his injury.   

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One game or the season?

BLM played so badly if he even raised up to being an average CFL QB they host that game last weekend.  They played him clearly injured a bunch including a few games with a broken leg before the shut him down.

A bit of both actually. Peredes lost the Bomber game, a Riders game and the playoff game. That being said, BLM had a bad season and should have been rested more often. Maier looked great in most of his playing time.

On 2021-12-03 at 9:58 AM, TBURGESS said:

A bit of both actually. Peredes lost the Bomber game, a Riders game and the playoff game. That being said, BLM had a bad season and should have been rested more often. Maier looked great in most of his playing time.

The QBs that have played best against us this year were Maier and Arbuckle. Neither we have to see for the rest of the year. I'm good with that.

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

The QBs that have played best against us this year were Maier and Arbuckle. Neither we have to see for the rest of the year. I'm good with that.

I think the two teams that matched up best against us are also gone, being Montreal and Calgary. Other than BC, Sask was the best match-up we could have hoped for. Not sure who I would prefer from Hamilton or Toronto. Cats have more talent on paper, but the Argos gave our lines more trouble than any other team this season (albeit with Arbuckle and not MBT). Those games are so long ago though, it’s hard to say how we stack up now. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think the two teams that matched up best against us are also gone, being Montreal and Calgary. Other than BC, Sask was the best match-up we could have hoped for. Not sure who I would prefer from Hamilton or Toronto. Cats have more talent on paper, but the Argos gave our lines more trouble than any other team this season (albeit with Arbuckle and not MBT). Those games are so long ago though, it’s hard to say how we stack up now. 

I think I'd take Toronto at this point. I'm not convinced MBT is a Grey Cup winning QB. That and the Grey Cup is in Hamilton. If they want to try to run the ball on us like they did last time I'd say good luck with that. We will be ready. 

Btw I'm not saying I'm too afraid of Hamilton either. But overcoming their home field advantage is one of those things that could be real tough

Edited by BBlink

22 minutes ago, BBlink said:

IIRC our defensive backfield was also in Flux and we didn't have Stove

We were so much worse against the run before Stove came back. I'm not sure if we did something else when he came back, but our defense got so much better. Especially against the run. He's one of the biggest worries I have for injuries. We have good backups in just about every position (except QB and K), but I fear our run stopping would suffer without Stove.

Edit - I vaguely remember that Wilson came back around the time Stove also did. That probably beefed up our run stopping ability.

45 minutes ago, WildPath said:

We were so much worse against the run before Stove came back. I'm not sure if we did something else when he came back, but our defense got so much better. Especially against the run. He's one of the biggest worries I have for injuries. We have good backups in just about every position (except QB and K), but I fear our run stopping would suffer without Stove.

Edit - I vaguely remember that Wilson came back around the time Stove also did. That probably beefed up our run stopping ability.

Stove is just that good. Guy is criminally underrated around the league.

Stove was key...but also Wilson...highly underated around the league and even here..he allows us to do so much more defensively when he is playing...his addition back in lineup was huge.

Correct me if I am wrong but we have basically shut down Sask ability to get touchdowns this year...before we even added Wilson..Stove and Rose into the lineup.. and now we have more experienced DB's in Alford and Nichols from the start of the season...to the point that Jones is our 6th man..I like our chances...

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Stove was key...but also Wilson...highly underated around the league and even here..he allows us to do so much more defensively when he is playing...his addition back in lineup was huge.

Correct me if I am wrong but we have basically shut down Sask ability to get touchdowns this year...before we even added Wilson..Stove and Rose into the lineup.. and now we have more experienced DB's in Alford and Nichols from the start of the season...to the point that Jones is our 6th man..I like our chances...

Meanwhile the riders ate trotting out Gainey purify and Marshall in the secondary pretending they got a legit D.