Week 2 thoughts

Nolby

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

2. Bombers: Haven't played a top half team yet. Our DL and OL are top units. Our kicking is still in flux.

Ah yes, the annual, "We haven't beat anyone good yet" stance. 

I forgot how much I missed your posts. :)

An opening month of CFL is not complete without this.

50 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

1. Riders: Faj-J-J is almost as good as the Riders fans think he is. The OL hasn't been a problem... yet. The injuries haven't either. Beat Hammy worse than we did.

2. Bombers: Haven't played a top half team yet. Our DL and OL are top units. Our kicking is still in flux.

3. Als: Only 1 game against a bottom level team, but looked great for the first game in forever.

4. Argos: 1 and 1 against Wpg and Cgy. Vet laden team with below average QB's. I expect them to drop next week.

5. Lions: Reilly is the difference maker and their coaching and D are way better this year.

6. redblacks: Got a win.

7. Ticats: Played the top 2 teams and lost both. Banks hasn't been the difference maker he was.

8. Stamps: BLM has been bad which makes the team bad.

9. Elks: Couldn't even beat Ottawa.

Ah yes. I remember this old argument.

”haven’t beaten anybody good yet”, yet you don’t mention that for the Riders despite one common opponent and a win over (in your own quoted opinion) a lesser opponent than who we beat.

Never change. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know what people have been watching if you don't think TO is a good team. They're solid on both sides of the ball. I expect a much closer game this week between them and the Bombers.

Much more physical team than Hamilton.   If they get the QB'ing and cut down on the penalties.......they will be a tough out.

56 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know what people have been watching if you don't think TO is a good team. They're solid on both sides of the ball. I expect a much closer game this week between them and the Bombers.

Their run defense and LB play was real legit.  That game would have been REALLY close if they had more discipline.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

2. Bombers: Haven't played a top half team yet. Our DL and OL are top units

Ok so who are top half teams? Because we haven't played the riders or the Als it doesn't matter how good the D has played? It's been 2 ******* weeks and you want to go on about top half vs bottom half? Get ****** that's a dumb ******* comment and you know it. 

Couple glorified Preseason games and we already know top half vs. Bottom half. Good lord.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ah yes, the annual, "We haven't beat anyone good yet" stance. 

I forgot how much I missed your posts. :)

An opening month of CFL is not complete without this.

yup...typical...And when all said and done the Argos I bet have a wining season and are in top 4 overal

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Have the Riders beaten anyone good yet?

nope...and if BC didnt have that shitty kicker they would have won

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nope, they’ve just beaten them more handily. 

They beat a more depleted team than we faced, and comparing different games and who beat whom by what isn't a true indicator of anything, too many factors involved, and anyone who has played a level higher than JC or College would know that

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

team ranks by record by end of season...Wpg..Mtl...T.O...Ham..Cgy...BC/SASK tied..Edm and OTT

56 minutes ago, do or die said:

Much more physical team than Hamilton.   If they get the QB'ing and cut down on the penalties.......they will be a tough out.

100 percent bang on

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ok so who are top half teams? Because we haven't played the riders or the Als it doesn't matter how good the D has played? It's been 2 ******* weeks and you want to go on about top half vs bottom half? Get ****** that's a dumb ******* comment and you know it. 

Couple glorified Preseason games and we already know top half vs. Bottom half. Good lord.

yup..agreed...same ol rhetoric....People also fail to remember that we are minus Adams..Harris..Stove..Darby..Wilson..Rocqumore and Johnson....all of which will make us a better team. What the Riders, basically trotted out is what they are...if we dont end up in first and host West Final I'd be shocked...

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

1. Riders: Faj-J-J is almost as good as the Riders fans think he is. The OL hasn't been a problem... yet. The injuries haven't either. Beat Hammy worse than we did.

They beat Hammy missing 3 starters from Week 1 - DT Dylan Wynn, SB Marcus Tucker, and SB Jalin Marshall. I know the Riders replaced Boyko with an American Lauderdale but should consider that as an upgrade over Boyko. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

43 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Per 3 Down Nation, BC have released shaky global kicker Takeru Yamasaki, and have signed American kicker Jimmy Camacho and Canadian kicker Félix Ménard-Brière.

Glad fmb is getting another chance. 

We beat 2 top half teams. We knocked the cats down several pegs that's better than beating a top team. Idk how people see the carcass that went to ssk as the same group that we beat. They went from super confident about to avenge the Grey Cup unbeatable monster super team to tame ole puddy tats. We didn't just beat them We broke them. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Glad fmb is getting another chance. 

We beat 2 top half teams. We knocked the cats down several pegs that's better than beating a top team. Idk how people see the carcass that went to ssk as the same group that we beat. They went from super confident about to avenge the Grey Cup unbeatable monster super team go tame ole puddy tats. We didn't just beat them We broke them. 

yeah they went there a bit mentally injured as well

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

Per 3 Down Nation, BC have released shaky global kicker Takeru Yamasaki, and have signed American kicker Jimmy Camacho and Canadian kicker Félix Ménard-Brière.

That young fellow was in bombers camp one year, correct?… kind of cruel to do that to someone when we had Medlock…

22 hours ago, Mike said:

Ah yes. I remember this old argument.

”haven’t beaten anybody good yet”, yet you don’t mention that for the Riders despite one common opponent....

The Riders beat the one common opponent worse than we did, that's why I put them ahead of us in my standings. It's 2 games in, how else are you going to decide which unbeaten team is on top?

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The Riders beat the one common opponent worse than we did, that's why I put them ahead of us in my standings. It's 2 games in, how else are you going to decide which unbeaten team is on top?

Easy:

#1. Is one of the teams the Bombers? If yes then no need to proceed any further- that is your #1 unbeaten team that takes top spot. If no, proceed to #2

#2. Is one of the team teh riders? If yes, then there's your beta team,  

Edit:  riders SUCK!

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure, one could do that or one could know that games vs. common opponents are not a good indicator because things change, motivations change, a team's psyche can change, from week to week and learn to use a football educated eyeball test instead and pick the Bombers because they are simply the better looking football team right now.

Edited by GCn20