Week 2 thoughts

Nolby

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Well that made me laugh out loud. 😆

Common sense is what puts the team who beat Hamilton worse ahead of the one who didn't.

The biggest issue is your reasoning being the stupid crap about top teir teams. As I said, it's 2 weeks of glorified preseason  games! How can we have any clue who is for real at this point and who isn't? Bombers whipped the tickets who were supposed to be good, Saskatchewan almost gassed a game when they had a 31 point lead... meanwhile the Bombers shut down  a team that beat an expected good team in calgary ... so again what makes a top teir team at this point? You think the rider ls are more impressive that's your opinion but at least use some ******* real logic for it. You wanna say I like their offensive production better that's fine but to trot out the sheer stupidity of the strength of opponents crap at this point..... aye yi yi.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The biggest issue is your reasoning being the stupid crap about top teir teams. As I said, it's 2 weeks of glorified preseason  games! How can we have any clue who is for real at this point and who isn't? Bombers whipped the tickets who were supposed to be good, Saskatchewan almost gassed a game when they had a 31 point lead... meanwhile the Bombers shut down  a team that beat an expected good team in calgary ... so again what makes a top teir team at this point? You think the rider ls are more impressive that's your opinion but at least use some ******* real logic for it. You wanna say I like their offensive production better that's fine but to trot out the sheer stupidity of the strength of opponents crap at this point..... aye yi yi.

I read this post and all I can see is Galafianakis in The Hangover blackjack scene with all the numbers flying around... 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Well that made me laugh out loud. 😆

Common sense is what puts the team who beat Hamilton worse ahead of the one who didn't.

Common sense is what puts the team who has allowed 13 points this year against two fairly talented teams ahead of the team who handily beat one team and almost blew a 3000 point lead in a single half of football to another.

The sad thing is, I guarantee had the Bombers won week 1 the way the Riders did, you’d hold it against them.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

The sad thing is, I guarantee had the Bombers won week 1 the way the Riders did, you’d hold it against them.

I remember he had said something about the riders just turning it off, and that's why they gave up the lead....and I thought...man if the Bombers had done that against an injured Riley, burg would have **** all over them!!

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I read this post and all I can see is Galafianakis in The Hangover blackjack scene with all the numbers flying around... 

And I read it and all I see is this 

ComfortableAffectionateGalapagosmockingb

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

Common sense is what puts the team who has allowed 13 points this year against two fairly talented teams ahead of the team who handily beat one team and almost blew a 3000 point lead in a single half of football to another.

Nice to see that the end of 29 yers of futility made us all more collegial around here. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The Riders beat the one common opponent worse than we did, that's why I put them ahead of us in my standings. It's 2 games in, how else are you going to decide which unbeaten team is on top?

defending champs....check....first reason

Least amounts of points given up...reason number 2

same point differential...reason 3

and reason four needs no explanation....the riders are just plain trash hahahaha

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

No one had any clue week 1. Hamilton & Calgary were obviously top teams in the league based on 2019. Turns out that's just not true this year.

Week 2 gives us a slightly better clue. We now know that neither Hamilton or Calgary are top teams right now. Wpg, Reg, and Mtl are the top teams right now. That may change as the season progresses and injuries take their toll.

As I said after the Riders first game... They shut it down after running up a big lead, and the Lions scored a bunch of points in garbage time. It reminded me of when we were a bad team that scored a bunch of points in garbage time. The 'Unicorns farting blue rainbows' group around here would go on and on ad infinitum about how close we were and how great our QB was and if this or that just went our way, we'd have won. Guess what? We weren't that close, our QB's only looked good in garbage time, and those things that needed to go our way rarely did. Mike... The really sad thing is you insist on making up what I would have done then complaining about it.

All off season we've been told that Fajardo was crap, their O line was crap and their defence was crap and that their injuries would push them way down the standings. Here in week 3 it's starting to sound like wishful thinking rather than studied analysis.

Some logic:

Riders rank higher in most offensive stats except plays from scrimmage (155,149).

Bombers rank higher in most defensive stats except sacks (8,2) and picks (4,3).

Not much separating #1 from #2, but wait... they both played Hamilton so we can see how well they both did against the same team. Answer: Riders beat them 30-8 and we beat them 19-6.

Of course, here on a Bomber forum, that doesn't matter. The consensus is that the Bombers are #1 and the Riders are crap. To say anything else raises the indignant ire of the pitchfork carrying rabble.

Edited by TBURGESS

My biggest issue is your use of the team ranking system I mean what if Hamilton  goes on a big win streak? Do they flip into a top team? You are trying to assign too much value to wins and losses far too early in a season. Again, you wanna put the riders first go right ahead, I can at least buy the logic of liking the offensive production more. But I also think if you want to base things on strength of team they beat a weaker Hamilton team than winnipeg did. It was winnipeg that put a bunch of their guys on the IR. I would call Toronto a better team than BC as well. So again don't use crap reasoning. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

My biggest issue is your use of the team ranking system I mean what if Hamilton  goes on a big win streak? Do they flip into a top team? You are trying to assign too much value to wins and losses far too early in a season. Again, you wanna put the riders first go right ahead, I can at least buy the logic of liking the offensive production more. But I also think if you want to base things on strength of team they beat a weaker Hamilton team than winnipeg did. It was winnipeg that put a bunch of their guys on the IR. I would call Toronto a better team than BC as well. So again don't use crap reasoning. 

Also claiming Hamilton and CGY as the top teams in 2019 is incorrect either way you look at it. CGY didn't finish 1st in the west, and Hamilton didn't win a championship. There was/is/ and always will be only 1 top team in the league at the end of the year. The GC champions. Regular season is great, but teams only play it to get to the real tournament. It's been that way, and it is that way in every Pro league in the world. No one is the top team because they finished 1st in the regular season (or 2nd if we're talking about CGY). How many teams have beaten the top team in the league?

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I read this post

how come you didnt correct the spelling error?

no freind exceptions.

😀

48 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

. It's been that way, and it is that way in every Pro league in the world.

actually winning the championship the way the Bombers did, is a bigger accomplishment than winning all season, and the championship.

harder to do, and more fan nail biting, and more excitement at the end.

giphy.gif

Edited by Mark F

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

how come you didnt correct the spelling error?

no freind exceptions.

😀

actually winning the championship the way the Bombers did, is a bigger accomplishment than winning all season, and the championship.

harder to do, and more fan nail biting, and more excitement at the end.

giphy.gif

*frIEnd

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

No one had any clue week 1. Hamilton & Calgary were obviously top teams in the league based on 2019. Turns out that's just not true this year.

Week 2 gives us a slightly better clue. We now know that neither Hamilton or Calgary are top teams right now. Wpg, Reg, and Mtl are the top teams right now. That may change as the season progresses and injuries take their toll.

As I said after the Riders first game... They shut it down after running up a big lead, and the Lions scored a bunch of points in garbage time. It reminded me of when we were a bad team that scored a bunch of points in garbage time. The 'Unicorns farting blue rainbows' group around here would go on and on ad infinitum about how close we were and how great our QB was and if this or that just went our way, we'd have won. Guess what? We weren't that close, our QB's only looked good in garbage time, and those things that needed to go our way rarely did. Mike... The really sad thing is you insist on making up what I would have done then complaining about it.

All off season we've been told that Fajardo was crap, their O line was crap and their defence was crap and that their injuries would push them way down the standings. Here in week 3 it's starting to sound like wishful thinking rather than studied analysis.

Some logic:

Riders rank higher in most offensive stats except plays from scrimmage (155,149).

Bombers rank higher in most defensive stats except sacks (8,2) and picks (4,3).

Not much separating #1 from #2, but wait... they both played Hamilton so we can see how well they both did against the same team. Answer: Riders beat them 30-8 and we beat them 19-6.

Of course, here on a Bomber forum, that doesn't matter. The consensus is that the Bombers are #1 and the Riders are crap. To say anything else raises the indignant ire of the pitchfork carrying rabble.

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If Hamilton goes on a winning streak, then I change my mind based on the new information. Using a 'what if' argument is weak, but it's what you do to bolster your argument.

Both Regina and Winnipeg have played a 1 & 1 team and the same 0 & 2 team. I'd argue that BC is the better team with Reilly, but BC only used Reilly in the 2nd half and he wasn't right.

19 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Also claiming Hamilton and CGY as the top teams in 2019 is incorrect either way you look at it. CGY didn't finish 1st in the west, and Hamilton didn't win a championship. There was/is/ and always will be only 1 top team in the league at the end of the year. The GC champions. Regular season is great, but teams only play it to get to the real tournament. It's been that way, and it is that way in every Pro league in the world. No one is the top team because they finished 1st in the regular season (or 2nd if we're talking about CGY). How many teams have beaten the top team in the league?

A top team and THE top team are 2 different things.

speaking as a player...teams don't "shut it down" midway through the 2nd quarter...thats media bullshit....especially in the CFL. 

Especially when the tide was turning before the half, and immediately in the 3rd....BC was just finding their legs and Reilly coming in....even tho he was noodling calmed and righted the ship

If it wasnt for the kicker who was released this week BC would have had the lead partway through the 4th...thats how that went. And even if they "turned it back on" in the 4th to pull it they barely escaped, and if Reilly was able to finish...probably lose

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If Hamilton goes on a winning streak, then I change my mind based on the new information. Using a 'what if' argument is weak, but it's what you do to bolster your argument.

Both Regina and Winnipeg have played a 1 & 1 team and the same 0 & 2 team. I'd argue that BC is the better team with Reilly, but BC only used Reilly in the 2nd half and he wasn't right.

A top team and THE top team are 2 different things.

Winnipeg didn't play a 1&1 team in Toronto. They beat an undefeated team.