2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

20 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I ******* love this team.

THis iteration of the Blue Bombers is amazing...

The O'shea era... it will be talked about in the same reverence as the Cal Murphy or Bud Grant eras....

Wade built a masterpiece(so far),it was a few years in the making but this year has been unbelievable. Right from Wade all the way down to the trainer's,the best Bomber team I've seen of my time(37 years old)

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

I know Winnipeg doesn't offer near as much as the larger cities or even what's home for Willie,Winnipeg is so laid back,easy to drive,everything you need if you don't need much.

I can't speak for Willie at all,  but some of the people I know who have moved up from the States (all different backgrounds)  have said that the fact that they can walk around feeling safe and that the city is far more inclusive is more then enough of a reason to raise a family here.    I would tend to agree with that.  

We've seen other players stay in Winnipeg for similar reasons.  

Went to a game a couple of weeks ago and a few people and myself are waiting a few minutes for a burger.  Look to my right and theres Wade asking what were waiting for; shoots the **** with us for a good 5 minutes before he says 

" Thats it I cant handle this wait" and storms into the canteen to find out what the hells taking so long. LOL

13 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I agree with you that it's a highly unlikely scenario. I just am pointing out that I don't lose sleep worrying about our QB's free agency status. If Zach for some reason decided to leave Winnipeg we could basically pick from a good group of available quarterbacks who would love to play in Winnipeg. 

You should lose sleep. Not every qb is suited to a team's system. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Zach retires out on top and we need to fill the QB position?

Weii, if that happens before Reilly retires & even then I don't want him. Too old & too expensive.

5 hours ago, Nolby said:

I know Winnipeg doesn't offer near as much as the larger cities or even what's home for Willie,Winnipeg is so laid back,easy to drive,everything you need if you don't need much.

What doesn't Winnipeg offer? Eight hundred thousand people live in the metro area. I live in Calgary & we have 1.4 million. Winnipeg has everything Calgary has. Sure, we have mountains next door but no lakes & I tell ya... mountains are great but I'd rather spend time in the summer at Grand or Hillside Beach, the Whiteshell or NW Ontario. Swim or fishing. 

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Went to a game a couple of weeks ago and a few people and myself are waiting a few minutes for a burger.  Look to my right and theres Wade asking what were waiting for; shoots the **** with us for a good 5 minutes before he says 

" Thats it I cant handle this wait" and storms into the canteen to find out what the hells taking so long. LOL

At Banjo Bowl, we were in the tailgate area waiting for a beer & Wade was nearby talking to some Rider fans.  He finished his beer and cut to the front of the line to grab some fresh ones (perks of being the boss)... had no problem with that until he looks at us and says "now watch this!" and hands the filthy 4 stripes some free beer. 😂

We all got a good laugh... he also told them they could go to the Bomber store to trade in those ugly green things for a nice blue & gold jersey.

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

At Banjo Bowl, we were in the tailgate area waiting for a beer & Wade was nearby talking to some Rider fans.  He finished his beer and cut to the front of the line to grab some fresh ones (perks of being the boss)... had no problem with that until he looks at us and says "now watch this!" and hands the filthy 4 stripes some free beer. 😂

We all got a good laugh... he also told them they could go to the Bomber store to trade in those ugly green things for a nice blue & gold jersey.

From rags to riches. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://3downnation.com/2021/11/04/the-cfls-ten-highest-paid-linebackers/

5) MLB Adam Bighill, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (A) — $125,000 ($111,000)

The two-time CFL Most Outstanding Defensive Player redid his contract in July to include three large roster bonuses totalling $60,000, which helped maximize his prorated contract value. He has been one of Winnipeg’s top contributors on defence this year, making 57 tackles, two sacks, and one interception in eleven games.

37 minutes ago, Nolby said:

He took over 130k pay cut(I believe around that) to stick around. Dont recall the last MLB we've had that's been as good as Biggie,a total team player and very likeable guy.

I think he was slated to make 195k if memory serves. Willie was the one who was to make 250k. Both men took considerable shaves though and should be commended for their commitment to the team.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What doesn't Winnipeg offer? Eight hundred thousand people live in the metro area. I live in Calgary & we have 1.4 million. Winnipeg has everything Calgary has. Sure, we have mountains next door but no lakes & I tell ya... mountains are great but I'd rather spend time in the summer at Grand or Hillside Beach, the Whiteshell or NW Ontario. Swim or fishing. 

Did I somehow log in to your account while I was asleep and type this.........? 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can't see anything with mountains in the way. Give me fields of gold and big blue skies!

not to derail this thread too badly, but I could write a thesis paper on this topic.......

I live about an hour and a half from the mountains, and I've been there once in the last 5 years or so...... they're nice to visit, but once  you've seen 'em........meh. Give me beaches and The Shield every single day and twice on Sundays. And being able to go fishing/boating/swimming any time you want.......in REAL lakes and rivers (not shitty creeks and streams and sloughs)............man oh man, don't get me started. People come to AB because there is a lot of money to be made here. But that's about it......

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I live outside of Edmonton, the only thing that Winnipeg doesnt have from here is the sheer amount of red necks and Moose to fill the freezer. 

And sorry but how has anyone not mentioned Gondola Pizza being enough to attract and keep anyone worth thier salt. 

24 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I live outside of Edmonton, the only thing that Winnipeg doesnt have from here is the sheer amount of red necks and Moose to fill the freezer. 

And sorry but how has anyone not mentioned Gondola Pizza being enough to attract and keep anyone worth thier salt. 

About to head off to edmonton to work for 2 months. I ******* hate edmonton 

6 minutes ago, CodyT said:

About to head off to edmonton to work for 2 months. I ******* hate edmonton 

I like Edmonton more than Calgary, because it's basically Winnipeg but with money. 

Also, Gondola is great, but give me Trans Canada Brewing wood-fired pizza with a Lamplighter Amber any day....

10 hours ago, CodyT said:

At the GNR concert I witnessed Wade get behind the beer seller table at Gate 2, crack open some beers, take the cash, and continue til the line went down. I told him he looked too young to sell beer. He laughed.  

Been humming and hawing on the idea of buying a nice lakefront home in the Okanagan for several years now. Would have done it a long time ago if they had a sliver of the fishing and tranquility I currently enjoy. Arthritis might force this decision in the coming years but for right now no matter how cold our winters have been, I have not pulled the trigger.