2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

not sure what you mean. we dont know what his injury was, and I dont care what they call it.

I care that they report it correctly. An Edmonton media guy said it was a concussion. Calling it a neck injury is much less of a buzz word. 

Hope they aren't rushing him back to save whatever chance they have at the playoffs. 

On 2021-09-25 at 8:52 PM, Geebrr said:

I care that they report it correctly. An Edmonton media guy said it was a concussion. Calling it a neck injury is much less of a buzz word. 

Hope they aren't rushing him back to save whatever chance they have at the playoffs. 

It's probably a matter of they knew he'd be out at least 3 or 4 weeks... so you throw him on the 6-game and if he's out for six then you save some cap hit... if not, no big deal, just pull him off...

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

It's probably a matter of they knew he'd be out at least 3 or 4 weeks... so you throw him on the 6-game and if he's out for six then you save some cap hit... if not, no big deal, just pull him off...

You can add him to the 6 game retroactively as well so if he was out longer than expected, they still get that same cap relief.

The time line for the injury just makes no sense, even if they thought it was a 3-4 week thing. 

(per Hodge on twitter):

09/15 -- Harris cleared to practice

09/16 -- Harris removes himself from practice

09/17 -- Harris moved to six-game injured list w/ "no timetable" for return

09/18 -- Cornelius starts vs. Winnipeg

09/24 -- Elizondo says Cornelius will start vs. Ottawa

09/25 -- Harris is healthy

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

It doesn't really address why Morley Scott (I believe) was adamant that this was a concussion and they were calling it a neck injury. Clearly he heard something. Morley Scott is the Elks PxP guy.

You can 6 game someone for a hang nail and take him off if you want .

If the report isn't accurate it lacks credibility. 

38 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

We need to trade for a kicker... unless Lirim would change his mind and go back to the CFL and signs with us.

Has he been cut again from the NFL pr? Even if he has, he's bounced between like 2 teams 4 times this year. Hes probably high on the FA list in the NFL for kickers. 

Idk that any one is going to trade a kicker. Would love it if we got a great one, or lirim or medlock for the rest of the season but Im not holding my breath right now. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Has he been cut again from the NFL pr? Even if he has, he's bounced between like 2 teams 4 times this year. Hes probably high on the FA list in the NFL for kickers. 

Idk that any one is going to trade a kicker. Would love it if we got a great one, or lirim or medlock for the rest of the season but Im not holding my breath right now. 

Yep, Dallas cut him again a few days ago so Lirim is a FA.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Because...
Money Eyes I See Money GIF - Money Eyes I See Money Dollar Signs - Discover  & Share GIFs

Well tbh if I was a kicker I would rather kick in the NFL too. Its much easier kicks. But yeah, the 600k+ US is a pretty good incentive too. Even the 10k a week on the PR is pretty good money. 

In 2023 the NFL PR wage is gonna be 12k a week. I wonder if the min or avg CFL salary will have to go up too. 

I think it's better if we can move back to one person doing all the kicking/punting because that will free up one roster spot somewhere.
If it's a Canadian kicker (say Ward or Lirim) much better since it will free up a DI spot for an Amer DB or DL/LB Antigha or maybe WR Roosevelt. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think it's better if we can move back one person doing all the kicking/punting because that will free up one roster spot somewhere.
If it's a Canadian kicker (say Ward or Lirim) much better since it will free up a DI spot for an Amer DB or DL/LB Antigha or maybe WR Roosevelt. 

Of course thats ideal. But right now if we could just get above the westwood line thatd be great. Id settle for 80% fg from a DI right now. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Well tbh if I was a kicker I would rather kick in the NFL too. Its much easier kicks. But yeah, the 600k+ US is a pretty good incentive too. Even the 10k a week on the PR is pretty good money. 

In 2023 the NFL PR wage is gonna be 12k a week. I wonder if the min or avg CFL salary will have to go up too. 

Why do you say its much easier kicks in the NFL?

Just now, bryan35 said:

Why do you say its much easier kicks in the NFL?

The bigger field makes the ground level more susceptible to winds, it also creates some very tough angle kicks. Especially opposite leg side on a short field goal. In general the more dome teams and stadiums design makes it  easier for the most part too. 

The NFL also has far more professional holders. The cfl its generally the no2 qb by default. 

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The bigger field makes the ground level more susceptible to winds, it also creates some very tough angle kicks. Especially opposite leg side on a short field goal. In general the more dome teams and stadiums design makes it  easier for the most part too. 

The NFL also has far more professional holders. The cfl its generally the no2 qb by default. 

So the up coming dome game should tell us for sure IF we have a competent kicker on our roster...I know we aren't going to see any 55 yarders BUT both Mourtada and Leggs have the leg strength to put it through the uprights from inside the 50....It's the accuracy that seems to have eluded them...They better get it right (no pressure lol) or the hunt will be on for a kicker that can get it done...Like the coaches say ...'see the ball....kick the ball'....lose the yipps or you'll lose your seat on the flight home