Random Jets News

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ehlers remains healthy, limited injuries overall, Helle plays Vezina level with LB support, 55 returns to form, Lowry rights the ship helping lockerroom health, depth thru LA trade lives up to its billing, D plays steady, pp/pk aren’t liabilities equals:

Hope?

No reason not to....

22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Who would someone playing in Winnipeg put on a "No Trade" list?  LOL

Always somewhat dependent on how good the team is, but the usual suspects would be (not necessarily in this order): 

Edmonton (pre-McDavid they were right up there with Winnipeg for cold, small, boring undesirable Canadian market)

Columbus

Detroit (take away the dynasty years and it’s a real city in decay)

Calgary

maybe Montreal (big city but lousy team, very demanding fans and media, and a French culture than many Anglophones may feel resentment to and from)

New Jersey

Buffalo

Arizona (temperature aside, all the franchise uncertainty and the potential to re-locate would turn a few off, as well as a perennial doormat)

Ottawa

Minnesota (Winnipeg south, although why hockey players are turned off by cold climates is kind of funny at first blush). 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Keep in mind that 8.5aav 7 years from now is a far difference from what 8.5aav is now.

Definitely, but the player’s effectiveness will likely be quite different, as well.

I’m good with the deals.  The term is probably longer than what they would have got on the open market, but the AVV is fair.  Figured one would get resigned…. Surprised by both.

Gotta like the continuity factor with the signing of Helle and Schief....At the end of their contracts, we have to have groomed players who will fill those spots....Easy to say harder to do, BUT we should have their replacements in view, by the end of seven years and bringing them along, or we shouldn't be in the big leagues

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

like why in the actual **** would the Jets start their season with Brossoit in net.... Helle fresh off his contract signing. Jesus Christ.... 

Head scratcher for sure.....Sometimes bad coaching decisions come back to bite....I could see Helle biting his tongue on the bench....Although you know he'll be supporting Brossoit , you can bet he'd rather be in the net

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Head scratcher for sure.....Sometimes bad coaching decisions come back to bite....I could see Helle biting his tongue on the bench....Although you know he'll be supporting Brossoit , you can bet he'd rather be in the net

the only head scratcher is iHeart posts... over and over and over.....

Excerpt taken from yahoo sports Canada Kyle Cantlon:

Though he admits to wanting out, Dubois says the intent behind his words and feelings were "misconstrued" throughout both processes. 

"A lot of times, people have the mindset that if he did this, it's because he hated that. But it's not like that at all.

"That's the main thing I would say if you asked me what I wanted people to understand: You can like two things at the same time. You can appreciate two different things at the same time."

Dubois has yet to find the scoresheet two games into his tenure with the Kings, but his next chance to make an impact will be against the Jets when he makes his return to Winnipeg on Tuesday.

"It will be special, I'm sure," Dubois said, per NHL.com. "I'm sure some fans will see it a little differently, but for me personally it will be special. ... To play against some teammates and friends that I have from Winnipeg, it'll be a special game."

If those boos do come, Dubois says it will change his perception "a little bit" of his tenure with the Jets.

"If they're cheering my departure, I think I'd question a little bit more my time there," Dubois said on Saturday. "But it is what it is."

I'd use his same logic to explain his questioning his time here if people cheer his departure by booing him.

You can appreciate two different things at the same time.

Appreciate what he did here while he was here but also appreciate people who want to play in Winnipeg long-term.