NFL thread

The Zipp

• 4 weeks later...

Belichick has a record of just 82-98 without Brady as his quarterback after the 2023 NFL season. That's good for a winning percentage of just .463 and pales in comparison to what Belichick has achieved with his long-time quarterback.

Bill Belichick Wins Losses Winning % Super Bowl titles (as HC)
With Tom Brady 249 75 .769 6
Without Tom Brady 84 103 .449 0

I dare say over-rated coach?   

9 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Don Schula never won a Super Bowl with Dan Marino

I don't understand the point?  

Don Shula won 2 super bowls without Marino?  Brady also was a better QB then Marino and is the best QB to ever play the game.  

Shula without Marino Overall 212-88-6 69%
Shula with Marino 116-68 63%

I also don't understand the O'Shea reference?    Pre Zach he was over .500 as a coach and that is counting him inheriting an absolutely awful team that resulted in those first two seasons being really bad.  

Bill Belichick inherited a team that for the previous three seasons were above .500 and had a Pro Bowl level QB in Drew Bledsoe.   His first 2 seasons the Pats were both 5 -11.   The moment Brady started playing the Pats started winning.   

In 2019 the Pats were 12 - 4 with Brady... in 2020 without Brady they drop to 7 - 9.   Without Brady ,  Bill sucked the big one.    

In 10 seasons of his coaching career without Brady... only three times has he had a winning record. 

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

I dare say over-rated coach?  

As much as I detest New England, I will be the first to say Belichick is a phenomenal coach but would also say that it's likely neither Brady nor Belichick would have had the success they did without the other.  

Belichick's downfall was his inability to build and maintain a roster - he failed as a GM.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anybody else watching the games today? Midnight for the Cinderella Flacco Browns. 

The night game in KC is like -25c. 5 minutes into the 1st Q and Miami looks like they just want to go home. 

Watching Chiefs Dolphins game .Yeah its freakin cold ,and your right ,Dolphins players seems to cringe before contact. Still up for grabs though.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anybody else watching the games today? Midnight for the Cinderella Flacco Browns. 

The night game in KC is like -25c. 5 minutes into the 1st Q and Miami looks like they just want to go home. 

Any day the Browns lose, is a good day. Ef that organization. 

Mahones breaks his helmet. 

It took me a minute to figure out why they would have a backup ready so quickly, but it's because of the comms. If that goes down, you want a backup ready to go. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Any day the Browns lose, is a good day. Ef that organization. 

Mahones breaks his helmet. 

It took me a minute to figure out why they would have a backup ready so quickly, but it's because of the comms. If that goes down, you want a backup ready to go. 

Yeah it’s a high bar but the Browns have top 5 scuzziest ownership in the NFL