NFL thread

The Zipp

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I do have to chuckle at the the poor time management by Dallas and the fear of throwing a deep bomb on that last drive.    That ending with the terrible final play was just sad.  

Unfortunately, I dozed off. Missed the final 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. I wasn't very happy. What happened?

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Unfortunately, I dozed off. Missed the final 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. I wasn't very happy. What happened?

The Cowboys get stuffed with just under 3 minutes left on the clock,  they waste 20+ seconds sending the Punt Team out to punt the ball.   

They burn all of their timeouts stopping the 49ers and get the ball back deep in their end with only a minute and change.    

Dak nearly gets sacked in the endzone for a safety,  dinks and dunks and doesn't take a single shot down field.  With 10 seconds left they run this play where Elliott snaps the ball to Dak with nobody blocking: 

On 2023-01-23 at 11:59 AM, Brandon said:

The Cowboys get stuffed with just under 3 minutes left on the clock,  they waste 20+ seconds sending the Punt Team out to punt the ball.   

They burn all of their timeouts stopping the 49ers and get the ball back deep in their end with only a minute and change.    

Dak nearly gets sacked in the endzone for a safety,  dinks and dunks and doesn't take a single shot down field.  With 10 seconds left they run this play where Elliott snaps the ball to Dak with nobody blocking: 

Need 70, throws for 10.

Moron Conspiracists Are Totally Convinced Damar Hamlin Is Dead

It’s the latest unfounded conspiracy to engulf the nation: Damar Hamlin, the Buffalo Bills’ safety who went into cardiac arrest during a game on Jan. 2, actually died on the field from the COVID vaccine and has been replaced with a body-double as part of a massive cover-up by everyone from the NFL to Pfizer.

As wacky as it sounds, the nonsensical conspiracy went mainstream this week—prompting teammates and Hamlin to address suggestions he’s been cloned, while national media like the New York Post, Fox News and TMZ have covered the claims.

The conspiracy’s origins go back to the week Hamlin did nearly die. He went into cardiac arrest on the field just moments after being hit by Cincinnati Bengals’ wide receiver Tee Higgins and things looked dire.
Hamlin was unconscious as medical personnel tended to him for nearly 20 minutes before an ambulance whisked him away. Some self-proclaimed experts declared then that Hamlin wouldn’t survive, and, to save face, the NFL or vaccine producers would find a way to cover-up his death.

The conspiracies briefly lost their legs as updates emerged that Hamlin’s health was rapidly improving. He FaceTimed teammates from his hospital bed on Jan. 6 and was soon transferred to a medical facility in Buffalo then released from medical care all together—posting to social media, including photos of himself, throughout.

Conspiracists returned with vengeance this weekend, however, when Hamlin attended the Bills’ playoff game against the Bengals—where it was nearly freezing—and TV cameras never got a good shot of Hamlin’s face, which was covered with a mask and a hoodie.

At one point in the game, the broadcast cut to a shot of Hamlin pumping up the Buffalo crowd from his suite. Again, the camera zoomed in on Hamlin from across the field as heavy snow fell, so it was hard to make out his face—another detail conspiracists latched on.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/moron-conspiracists-are-totally-convinced-damar-hamlin-is-dead?ref=home

On 2023-01-25 at 5:23 PM, Tracker said:

Moron Conspiracists Are Totally Convinced Damar Hamlin Is Dead

It’s the latest unfounded conspiracy to engulf the nation: Damar Hamlin, the Buffalo Bills’ safety who went into cardiac arrest during a game on Jan. 2, actually died on the field from the COVID vaccine and has been replaced with a body-double as part of a massive cover-up by everyone from the NFL to Pfizer.

As wacky as it sounds, the nonsensical conspiracy went mainstream this week—prompting teammates and Hamlin to address suggestions he’s been cloned, while national media like the New York Post, Fox News and TMZ have covered the claims.

The conspiracy’s origins go back to the week Hamlin did nearly die. He went into cardiac arrest on the field just moments after being hit by Cincinnati Bengals’ wide receiver Tee Higgins and things looked dire.
Hamlin was unconscious as medical personnel tended to him for nearly 20 minutes before an ambulance whisked him away. Some self-proclaimed experts declared then that Hamlin wouldn’t survive, and, to save face, the NFL or vaccine producers would find a way to cover-up his death.

The conspiracies briefly lost their legs as updates emerged that Hamlin’s health was rapidly improving. He FaceTimed teammates from his hospital bed on Jan. 6 and was soon transferred to a medical facility in Buffalo then released from medical care all together—posting to social media, including photos of himself, throughout.

Conspiracists returned with vengeance this weekend, however, when Hamlin attended the Bills’ playoff game against the Bengals—where it was nearly freezing—and TV cameras never got a good shot of Hamlin’s face, which was covered with a mask and a hoodie.

At one point in the game, the broadcast cut to a shot of Hamlin pumping up the Buffalo crowd from his suite. Again, the camera zoomed in on Hamlin from across the field as heavy snow fell, so it was hard to make out his face—another detail conspiracists latched on.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/moron-conspiracists-are-totally-convinced-damar-hamlin-is-dead?ref=home

I bury Paul. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The FOX panel is so old, so irrelevant. I can't believe they pay these guys and put them on air. Woof. 

But, then TSN cuts in and Sanchez yaps. He's so much worse. He's a god awful announcer. 

The thing at halftime with Sanchez is just a waste. He partners with a smiling girl who says nothing of importance & he mumbles a few words usually about the over/under or some other gambling thing. It also has no relevance at all. 

As far as the networks in the States go, The only guy on the Fox Panel that should be replaced is Terry Bradshaw & it kills me to say that as I loved the guy when he played. He was one tough SOB physically & mentally as a qb. As well as one of my favourites. However, he is so out to lunch about the way qbs throw today. The game has changed. Qbs throw differently today than when Bradshaw played. However, he still thinks they throw like they did in 1975. He thinks today's young qbs throw off balance & their mechanics are goofy. Bradshaw just hasn't kept up. Then again, only a few analysts who were former qbs have. Most guys who played qb in the 70's, 80's & 90's just don't get it., 

Every network who covers the NFL uses analysts who are in their 60's. Tony Dungy on ESPN & Chris Collinsworth on NBC. The Fox & CBS panels are old, yes. However, they're there for a reason. Ratings. People remember & like them. A career in football broadcasting can last decades based on who you were when you coached or played & how good you were when you did.

TSN is the same way. Glen Suitor has been an analyst since the mid 90's & is now in his mid 60's. Duane Forde since the early 2000's in his late 50's. I hate both. They're inferior & should be replaced. But they won't be. Then the panel in studio. Dunigan is 62 or 63. All he really does is pump whatever qb is playing & doesn't say a lot of relevant things anymore. He makes a lot of excuses for bad qb play which is something I don't like. Milt is mid 50's & Sanchez early 50's.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Shanahan hurts players. Damn is his offense effective but he puts his players in a position to get hurt on every play. 

----

I hate the Chiefs and I hate the Bengals. But, I've loved watching Mahommes and Burrows play. I like the combo of Burrows and Chase, which is why I'm cheering for them tonight. Either team should beat this Eagles team.  

3 hours ago, JCon said:

The FOX panel is so old, so irrelevant. I can't believe they pay these guys and put them on air. Woof. 

But, then TSN cuts in and Sanchez yaps. He's so much worse. He's a god awful announcer. 

Shoot, there I go shooting my mouth off before considering all possible worst case scenarios. CBS is horrid too. Boomer has always been a terrible analyst. I don't know what he has on the execs but it must be incredible.  Anyhow, CBS trots out the same level of irrelevant talking heads as Fox. They don't even understand the research that's being provided to them. Too much CTE.  

The NBA coverage is much better. Although, they could retire a few ex-players too.  

Also, since I'm ranting and crushed on the inside, free Romo! Let him call the plays before they run them. He was so good before he was neutered. 

Oh, and, the Manning broadcast is only good when it's just the two of them.  

And, sorry, the NFL should really just accept that the CFL got it best with the command centre and replay rules.