NFL thread

The Zipp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2023-10-01 at 7:50 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

3rd and 1, with 30 seconds before the half, and the Jets spike the ball to try a 40+ yard field goal on 4th down. You will never convince me the NFL is a better game.

Also, there is no more pointless play in all of sports than an NFL kickoff.

I haven't watched a NFL game for sometime now other than cruising by when my son is watching his Eagles but don't they just kick it thru the end zone every time hence your comment?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

San Francisco hammered the Eagles today in Philly. That upset the NFL apple cart. Everyone thought the Eagles were the class of the league. Now, not so much. Watch out for the Niners. This was a statement game today.

Happy days are here! Until we break Purdy. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

San Francisco hammered the Eagles today in Philly. That upset the NFL apple cart. Everyone thought the Eagles were the class of the league. Now, not so much. Watch out for the Niners. This was a statement game today.

The casual fans assumed Philly were the class of the league.  Most experts thought the record flattered the Eagles and that realistically they are around 5 - 8 in the power rankings. 

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The casual fans assumed Philly were the class of the league.  Most experts thought the record flattered the Eagles and that realistically they are around 5 - 8 in the power rankings. 

That's the first I heard that. The Eagles were the first seed in the NFL with the best record. I never heard any "expert" ever say they were the 8th best team in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's the first I heard that. The Eagles were the first seed in the NFL with the best record. I never heard any "expert" ever say they were the 8th best team in the NFL. 

They've been rather fortunate this season.  And, that's why they were 2.5 point dogs at home. Vegas knows. 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Really?  For the last month the chatter was mostly about how they squeaked by and had lucky bounces and how that D was giving up far to much yards and points.    Their was a reason why the 49ers on the road were the favoured (odds) to win.  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Really?  For the last month the chatter was mostly about how they squeaked by and had lucky bounces and how that D was giving up far to much yards and points.    Their was a reason why the 49ers on the road were the favoured (odds) to win.  

They're 10-2. Best record in the NFL. Anyone who takes the Eagles lightly deserves to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In late October, the Niners went 0-3. Tye Seahawks were sitting in first place in the NFC West. The Niners looked awful. Every team has injuries to deal with & ups & downs during the season. I'm not an Eagles fan but they're very good. 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They're 10-2. Best record in the NFL. Anyone who takes the Eagles lightly deserves to lose. 

Absolutely bodied them yesterday. At Lincoln field no less. That place was empty in the 4th because they had no hope. Eagles are going to lose to the Cowboys next. 

They get creampuffs at the end of the season, so that will make them feel good. 

I don't think anyone suggests that the Eagles are not good.    They probably are a step down from the elite teams in the league.    It's been 4 - 5 weeks in a row where the D has been really bad and they can't use the injury bug as an excuse.   

They looked really good in the 1st quarter against the Niners getting a tonne of pressure on Purdy.  But after that it was what 6 drives in a row that San Fran ran the field and scored a TD.   That's bad.  

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think anyone suggests that the Eagles are not good.    They probably are a step down from the elite teams in the league.    It's been 4 - 5 weeks in a row where the D has been really bad and they can't use the injury bug as an excuse.   

They looked really good in the 1st quarter against the Niners getting a tonne of pressure on Purdy.  But after that it was what 6 drives in a row that San Fran ran the field and scored a TD.   That's bad.  

The Niners survived the initial onslaught. Had the Eagles scored two touchdowns rather than two field goals the game would have had a different outcome. Brock Purdy is unflappable. He looks the same being down or up 14 points or up. The guy is already a pretty good qb with just two years as a starter. He'll only get better.