NFL thread

The Zipp

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Everyone knew the Vikings were pretenders you'll never win anything with Kurt Cousins as your qb and that last play proved it.

Unbefrikkinlievable!!!!!! Almost as bad as our Grey Cup drought. I'm a sorta Vikings fan so have experienced the highs and lows over the years. Today was the nail in the proverbial coffin.

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

I'm not expecting a Cowboys win tonight I'm not a Prescott fans and Zeke picks up 2 yards a carry. cowboys Db's are swiss cheese and McCarthy was a terrible hire, still hasn't gotten the GB stink off of him

Well this didn't age too well

I dont understand why the coach kept putting Maher out there. Go for 2!!! But at the end of the day, the good guys won.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Well this didn't age too well

I dont understand why the coach kept putting Maher out there. Go for 2!!! But at the end of the day, the good guys won.

Glad I was wrong, but not with the analysis of players, Dak has games like last night and games where he doesn't know what to do, Zeke even last night can't get more than a couple of yards, and McCarthy still has GB stink on him though he probably saved his job last night. As for Maher I think he had problems with his plant leg last night. That turf looked real soft and even his kickoffs that he usually booms through end zone were returned. If that was the case that doesn't bode well for him next week cause the turf in Santa Clara is worse.

16 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

Absolutely love it. Hope its enough to send his ass into retirement.

Tom Brady Called Out For 'Blatantly Dirty Play' In Playoff Loss To CowboysThe Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback was mocked for his questionable move.

Tom Brady took some hits online for what appeared to be a “dirty move” during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ 31-14 playoff defeat to the Dallas Cowboys on Monday. 

The quarterback slid into Cowboys safety Malik Hooker from behind in a tripping maneuver considered a no-no by the NFL. Hooker was returning an apparent fumble and Brady seemed to be doing his best to take him down. The irresponsible tackle attempt may have been a result of frustration because the Buccaneers were already losing 24-0 at that point, USA Today pointed out. The outlet called it a “blatantly dirty play.”

The Buccaneers were penalized for unnecessary roughness on the play, but that call was on center Ryan Jensen, the Sporting News reported. The fumble ruling was overturned as well.

The league has gone after Brady before for similar antics. He was fined $10,000 for dangerously sliding into the Baltimore Ravens’ Ed Reed during the AFC Championship game in 2013. He also drew attention for sliding at Giants safety Xavier McKinney in 2021.

On 2023-01-16 at 9:07 PM, Piggy 1 said:

Absolutely love it. Hope its enough to send his ass into retirement.

Brady sure reminds me of Mike Reilly two years ago. Doesn't smile or engage with his teammates during games. Seems aloof on the sidelines. Unlike Reilly who just looked like playing football became a job that he hated but was quiet, Brady just yells at everyone. Okay, Tom, we all know that you're an *******. If you hate it so much then just go away already.