WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Just now, Piggy 1 said:

That's assuming they get past the Shmoes. Harris back ,and he lit up Montreal.

The Shmoes, like us, have a good D-line. It'll be very interesting to watch what Edm does with Hamilton and vice versa. I think Hamilton can definitely be beaten and even if they win next week, their achilles heel may be exposed for us to see and exploit.

2 minutes ago, Rubanski said:

Riders need a healthy Fajardo, they can't win a ground and pound against us. "Just stop the run" was the mantra more than one of them said when Strev was the QB. It's a little more complex than that defensively for them now. 

Right. And we have a dual threat Collaros pass - Streveler run to boot.

Riders need a healthy Fajardo. Last year I went to WSF and a number of Rider fans told me before the game they were going to lose. They might be in tough again, QB-wise.

Out of curiousity, if not Fajardo who do they have? 

We need to be better next weekend than we were yesterday, not to beat the criders but because you always need to be improving or you are going backwards. 

The Bombers can and will be better, Collaros will not make those bad reads and will be better. Harris will be better and Strevs will be closer to 100%. 

GO BLUE!!!!

If the Bombers and Lapo are at their best the Riders have no chance.  The Bombers D with Streveler completely dominated the back-to-back.  The O started slow in Regina and lost us the game.  Again the D dominated the rubber match in Regina aside from Shaq Evans having the game of his life, the O didn't feature the run enough trying to outsmart Sask, most of Streveler's runs were scrambles.

There's no part of Sask's offense that is concerning.  It all comes down to Lapo's game plan.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If the Bombers and Lapo are at their best the Riders have no chance.  The Bombers D with Streveler completely dominated the back-to-back.  The O started slow in Regina and lost us the game.  Again the D dominated the rubber match in Regina aside from Shaq Evans having the game of his life, the O didn't feature the run enough trying to outsmart Sask, most of Streveler's runs were scrambles.

There's no part of Sask's offense that is concerning.  It all comes down to Lapo's game plan.

We're doomed once again.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

100% this.... 

30 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Oh...and moderators...all these people coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden starting new threads is getting annoying...just saying

Almost as annoying as not knowing how to do multiple quotes in a single post. 😉 (Hint: It's the + sign)

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Truthfully we could..and should have won all 3 against the riders..and were missing key peices in some regard in all games (Harris..Nichols..Alexander.) and played them basically when we were in our funk.

We now have legit QB play to worry about coupled with our triple headed running threat..solidified the backend with Taylor and Maston and replaced Hecht with Alexander and are basically healthy..I see no reason we lose other than the divine intervention of some piss poor one sided referreing..

Yeah, we have more than a legit shot at beating the Riders Sunday. We never should have lost to them on LD Sunday. I feel like the qb position was lost but now it's been found again.  You could tell this team is pumped, confident & walking ten feet off the ground. Riders have to be doubting themselves today after watching the Stamps get taken apart yesterday. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

William Powell can run the ball as he was a thousand yard rusher.  They have some playmakers at receiver. This won't be an easy game but I expect we'll win. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

William Powell can run the ball as he was a thousand yard rusher.  They have some playmakers at receiver. This won't be an easy game but I expect we'll win. 

But we have a defensive front capable of stuffing the run. Teams don't win ground games vs. The bombers. You wanna beat Winnipeg it's done through the air.

Just now, 17to85 said:

But we have a defensive front capable of stuffing the run. Teams don't win ground games vs. The bombers. You wanna beat Winnipeg it's done through the air.

I think some of us are a bit over confident. We may hate the Riders but we have to respect them. No swelled heads by the players. Hopefully, O'Shea & the coaches keep the team grounded. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think some of us are a bit over confident. We may hate the Riders but we have to respect them. No swelled heads by the players. Hopefully, O'Shea & the coaches keep the team grounded. 

The only way this team loses to the riders is if they turn the ball over too much. That was the story the two losses to those asshats. Turn overs in bad places on the field taking points off the board.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The only way this team loses to the riders is if they turn the ball over too much. That was the story the two losses to those asshats. Turn overs in bad places on the field taking points off the board.

But that's a part of being over confident. You know how teams can be. They come in with swagger & the underdog punches them in the mouth & that changes everything. We have waited 29 freaking years & I don't want a bunch of cocky players going to Regina thinking the Riders will just fall down & let us win. I want us focused & get the job done. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I want us focused & get the job done. 

If the Bombers can be only half as focused on getting the job done as you are focused on complaining about us not getting the job done, then we will stride out of there with a victory...easy peasy.  🤭 🙃

3 hours ago, The Zipp said:

Yah cause the Bombers are totally unstoppable.  There are game plans for everything.  I can bet dave d can list 10 things he thinks he could do better than yesterday...just how these guys brains work.  Now they need to execute on them and adjust but he will have a list of adjustments he could have made and didn't- probably kept him up all night...

I think sask has a better defence than Calgary does so they may have different skills that can focused to shut down the run.  

Maybe but Calgary's offense is better and we had answer's for it. We will see Sunday and i know the Bombers will be ready for the vaunted Sask D that you seem so high on....