Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

Westwood's quote today saying Hecht is on the roids but wouldnt actually say it based on him being 33 and "ripped" in his profile pic and that at his age there is no way he should look like that unless hes working out like a machine was super dumb. I'm almost as ripped as Hecht and I'm 37. My buddy is 52 and is in twice the shape as Hecht. We work out a few times a week. If you eat properly and exercise you can look like that without roids. Just a dumb comment.

8 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Westwood's quote today saying Hecht is on the roids but wouldnt actually say it based on him being 33 and "ripped" in his profile pic and that at his age there is no way he should look like that unless hes working out like a machine was super dumb. I'm almost as ripped as Hecht and I'm 37. My buddy is 52 and is in twice the shape as Hecht. We work out a few times a week. If you eat properly and exercise you can look like that without roids. Just a dumb comment.

I'm not calling you a liar, but if someone is shredded and jacked at 52 working out a couple of times a week I would have some squinty eyes as well.

Even at 37, but less squinty.

There are things people are on that are not steroids but do things similar to steroids as well. 

It was a dumb comment by Westwood for sure though.He is a moron

Edited by Geebrr

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

How is the tsn 1290 morning show with Westwood doing in the ratings?

last time somebody posted it, it was less than impressive.

Very poorly, which is why they have bunch of bloggers as their guests. 

https://www.chrisd.ca/2019/05/30/winnipeg-numeris-spring-2019-radio-ratings/#.XWkegyhKiUk

This sample was taken during hockey season. 

Spring 2019 radio ratings

1. CBC Radio One — 14.1 (14.4)
  2. 680 CJOB — 11.3 (11.0)
  3. QX 104 — 8.2 (10.1)
  4. 99.9 BOB FM — 6.7 (5.3)
  5. 103.1 Virgin Radio — 6.3 (7.1)
  6. 94-3 The Drive — 5.8 (5.1)
  7. TSN 1290 — 5.2 (4.9) 
  8. 92.1 CITI — 5.1 (4.9)
  9. Power 97 — 4.6 (5.3)
  10. KiSS 102.3 — 4.2 (5.4)
  11. CBC Radio 2 — 3.8 (3.7)
  12. Energy 106 — 3.3 (4.0)
  13. Peggy @ 991 — 2.6 (2.4)
  14. Hot 100.5 — 2.4 (1.3)
  15. Radio-Canada Espace Musique — 0.3 (0.3)
Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I'm not calling you a liar, but if someone is shredded and jacked at 52 working out a couple of times a week I would have some squinty eyes as well.

There are things people are on that are not steroids but do things similar to steroids as well. 

Nah man... 52 years old and you get the wiry looking muscles that look really ripply

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Very poorly, which is why they have bunch of bloggers as their guests. 

https://www.chrisd.ca/2019/05/30/winnipeg-numeris-spring-2019-radio-ratings/#.XWkegyhKiUk

This sample was taken during hockey season. 

Spring 2019 radio ratings

1. CBC Radio One — 14.1 (14.4)
  2. 680 CJOB — 11.3 (11.0)
  3. QX 104 — 8.2 (10.1)
  4. 99.9 BOB FM — 6.7 (5.3)
  5. 103.1 Virgin Radio — 6.3 (7.1)
  6. 94-3 The Drive — 5.8 (5.1)
  7. TSN 1290 — 5.2 (4.9) 
  8. 92.1 CITI — 5.1 (4.9)
  9. Power 97 — 4.6 (5.3)
  10. KiSS 102.3 — 4.2 (5.4)
  11. CBC Radio 2 — 3.8 (3.7)
  12. Energy 106 — 3.3 (4.0)
  13. Peggy @ 991 — 2.6 (2.4)
  14. Hot 100.5 — 2.4 (1.3)
  15. Radio-Canada Espace Musique — 0.3 (0.3)

I don't know that they would consider that all that bad.  5.2 over the entire spectrum probably translates to a reasonable rating for males 18 to something.  That would be the only demographic their sponsors would be interested in.  Then again, Noeller usually knows what he is talking about and they don't have very many commercials, which usually equates to a change in format coming soon.

I don't listen very often - and even less as soon as the Jets start skating again.  But I would miss the option of listening to uninformed and misguided CFL commentary (Bauming excluded).

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

My buddy isnt shredded exactly. But he has huge muscles and is lean and fit. And no either of us dont use any type of steroids lol. He works out a lot more than I do but we both use sport informed certified protein (which is used be Olympic athletes and current NFL, MLB, UFC, PGA althetes). Nutrition is 80% of your physique and muscle building. If anyone has questions or wants info feel free to PM me and I would love to discuss! It's one of my passions! 

24 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

My buddy isnt shredded exactly. But he has huge muscles and is lean and fit. And no either of us dont use any type of steroids lol. He works out a lot more than I do but we both use sport informed certified protein (which is used be Olympic athletes and current NFL, MLB, UFC, PGA althetes). Nutrition is 80% of your physique and muscle building. If anyone has questions or wants info feel free to PM me and I would love to discuss! It's one of my passions! 

I'd say I'm a shredded* guy too...

*when it come to the type of cheese I like on my pizza 

Edited by bearpants

40 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

This guy died at age 54 on April 8, 2016.  Three days after being inducted into the WWE HOF & less than 24 hours after his very last public appearance on Raw. Brian Hellwig aka The Ultimate Warrior. He looked like he was in tremendous condition but in truth he wasn't. His heart gave out. Probably from all the years of steroid abuse.

Image result for ultimate warrior wrestlemania 30

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This guy died at age 54 on April 8, 2016.  Three days after being inducted into the WWE HOF & less than 24 hours after his very last public appearance on Raw. Brian Hellwig aka The Ultimate Warrior. He looked like he was in tremendous condition but in truth he wasn't. His heart gave out. Probably from all the years of steroid abuse.

Image result for ultimate warrior wrestlemania 30

Not sure how this is relevant to my post. But yes years of steroid use is very damaging and likely the cause of Mr. Warriors death. 

I guess what I am getting at is age is strictly a number and I have seen hundreds of guys into their late 40s, 50s and 60s who are very fit and muscular who have never done any type of steroids. You can obtain an amazing physique with nutrition and working out. It takes a long time and determination but it goes back to Westwoods comment that because Hecht is 33 he shouldn't look like that if hes all natural which I call BS on. 

No, Bomber_fanaddict, it has no relevance to your post. Other than the guy was 54. Brian Hellwig as the Ultimate Warrior still looked like a million bucks. Like he could get back in the wrestling ring & be dominant again. But it was all a lie. In truth, if  you watch the video of his in ring speech on Raw, he struggled to climb the steps into the rind, was sweating profusely, breathing heavily & his face was flushed. He tried to shake the ropes as he did 25 years before but even though he looked like a beast he appeared to not have the strength to do it. Hellwig was a known steroids abuser & he used them to ride to the top in the WWE but it cost him probably two or 3 decades of his life & the chance to watch his kids grow up.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

No offence intended 

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

it's all about nutrion...what..when...how much...the timing and using progressive overload...and linear progression in tandem...also use of fasting to keep insulin levels down majority of day...thats what makes people fat and sickly...your insulin is always spiked...impossible to rid flab