GDT - Bombers vs Esks

JCon

Bits and Pieces (Game Notes)

This week, Michael O'Shea will record his 100th career regular season game as the Bombers' head coach - he will be only the 3rd man to reach the 100 game mark: Bud Grant 160 (102-56-2) and Cal Murphy 138 (86-51-1).

Mike Miller had 2 Special Teams Tackles last week and is now tied for #5 all-time at 175, 9 behind 2nd place...Wade Miller

The Bombers are #2 in the CFL in the % of their offensive plays that are rushes - 42% runs vs 58% pass calls (SSK #1 at 45%0.

After 8 straight games with 10+ penalties, Edmonton incurred just 6 penalties last week vs Toronto.

Edmonton is #1 in the CFL in yards per play on Offence (6.9 yards) and #1 on Defence at just 5.3 yards per play.

T. Harris has another INT-free streak going at 169 in a row; he has thrown just 2 interceptions in his last 423 pass attempts.

Andrew Harris did not catch a pass last week and in fact was not targeted at all for the first time this year.

Justin Medlock leads the CFL with 6 punts inside the 10-yard line and with 36 of his 56 were directed "Outside the Numbers".

mild mannered maritimers Mike Miller and jake Thomas, nothing like their on field selves video interview with both

Learn some lingo ahead of Touchdown Atlantic with Nova Scotia native rapper Classified and New Brunswick boys Mike Miller and Jake Thomas of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

scah-lops, or skalops

Perfect O'Shea players.

Edited by Mark F

Bombers have to be considered underdogs tonight. The Esks are disgustingly healthy and the Bombers are hurting. I expect the Esks to blitz Streveler early and often while making sure that neither he nor Harris get any chance to rack up running yardage. LaPolice has to get creative and the 7 yard passes are not going to cut it. The Bomber secondary is going to be under siege all night and the only answer for that is to get in T. Harris's face. I'm  hoping that Kongbo et al will feast on Saxelid and if they hold their RB in to help block, our linebackers can drop into coverage for the short/medium passes.

Our D can play lights out and they will most likely have to, to compensate for our ,what appears to be our weakened offence....My thought are is that we will sucker them into thinking Streveler is just a 'run guy' and he'll stretch the field on them, as well, kill them with intermediate plays....If the D can put solid pressure on T. Harris we might just come away with 2 pts.....This could be a very pivotal game for us in the west and will look pretty good going into Labour Day and the Banjo..Here's hopin'

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

This week, Michael O'Shea will record his 100th career regular season game as the Bombers' head coach - he will be only the 3rd man to reach the 100 game mark: Bud Grant 160 (102-56-2) and Cal Murphy 138 (86-51-1).

I am not sure how I feel about this... his win-loss record to-date is 52-47-0 (52.5 win %), whereas the lofty coaches he's saddled with are 63.75% (Bud Grant) and 62.32% (Cal Murphy).