Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

1 minute ago, Booch said:

not worried about them in the least...where are they better?...and that's not even looking through Blue glasses...plus their dline is banged up...and they have zero depth to compensate any more injuries...I'm more concerned with Schmoes over taking us...mind you they play each other back to back at end of season with a lot on the line so one of em will be losing

My biggest worry is the bye week in that last week of the season...  I think I'd rather have a bit of a hard luck skid and play crossover then finish first - that's a long wait.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

not worried about them in the least..

Labour Day / Banjo Bowl is weird tho.  That's what makes it so awesome, records don't matter, starting QB doesn't matter.  Justin Goltz won a Banjo Bowl.  Matt Nichols won one on two days' practice. Brett Smith beat us.  Rocky Butler. 1-7 vs 7-1 in 2011. And Cody F. is far from the worst QB rolled out by either team.

Truth is false and logic lost during these rivalry games.

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Also a bit of a reality check...

Could you imagine any other bombers season where our injury list includes two starting LGs, boundary WR, two starting DEs, four starting DBs, starting KR and our starting QB...

And we're not in panic mode (most of us anyway...)

praise be unto Kyle Walters

Just now, johnzo said:

Labour Day / Banjo Bowl is weird tho.  That's what makes it so awesome, records don't matter, starting QB doesn't matter.  Justin Goltz won a Banjo Bowl.  Matt Nichols won one on two days' practice. Brett Smith beat us.  Rocky Butler. 1-7 vs 7-1 in 2011. And Cody F. is far from the worst QB rolled out by either team.

true...but still not worried haha

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I go in expecting a split every year. 

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just don't see how the Riders beat the Bombers without a massive egg laying from Winnipeg. That team isn't as good as the Bombers anywhere and I refuse to believe that Cody ******* Fajardo is a better quarterback than Streveler. 

We seem to crap the bed in Saskatchewan frequently maybe the crowd noise does it to the team? 

Fajardo is decent at throwing 10 yard passes so maybe he eats up our soft zone coverage?

I do think even without Jeffcoat the amount of pressure our d-line brings will make the difference in those games. 

Weather is gonna be nice for the game, I have my fantasy draft during the game, cant wait for Friday!

Im expecting the Esks to load up with people in the box and sending people from the edge. 

Strev...here's hoping he can beat the blitz. Hope we attack the seem and second level over the middle. 

I think we do enough on D and specials to win. 

Bombers 24

Empire 19

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

We seem to crap the bed in Saskatchewan frequently maybe the crowd noise does it to the team? 

Fajardo is decent at throwing 10 yard passes so maybe he eats up our soft zone coverage?

I do think even without Jeffcoat the amount of pressure our d-line brings will make the difference in those games. 

ummm... he also leads the league in 30+ yard completions as well...

Just now, Geebrr said:

Yet you don't remember what happened. 

well, let's just say that the score doesn't accurately reflect the play on the field... didn't Nichols get yanked in that game? hardly an event that happens unless you're getting your ass handed to you...

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

My biggest worry is the bye week in that last week of the season...  I think I'd rather have a bit of a hard luck skid and play crossover then finish first - that's a long wait.

No way... no crossover team has ever won a Grey Cup.

As for the game Friday, if they lose, I just hope its by 6 points or less - we don't play Edmonton again, so a loss by 7+ points would give EDM the tiebreaker over us.