Week Of: Bombers @ Esks

Noeller

23 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

well, let's just say that the score doesn't accurately reflect the play on the field... didn't Nichols get yanked in that game? hardly an event that happens unless you're getting your ass handed to you...

No, he did not get pulled, you're thinking of the Banjo Bowl. His stat line in the LDC was pretty ugly though:

14/26 (53.8%) for 166 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

No, he did not get pulled, you're thinking of the Banjo Bowl. His stat line in the LDC was pretty ugly though:

yeah, that's the game I thought we were talking about,,, oh well...   yeah, I've never been to Saskatchewan... 

25 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

his stat line for the Banjo Bowl was worse, highlighted by 3 INTs... but I will admit, I saw something that day that I didn't think was humanly possible... I saw a man throw not 1, but 2 interceptions on screen passes, to d lineman to boot, who them promptly returned them a combined total of 200 yards for 2 touchdowns...  mind blowing actually... but my brother in law has a two headed calf too, another one of the worlds little mysteries of craziness...

27 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

his stat line for the Banjo Bowl was worse, highlighted by 3 INTs... but I will admit, I saw something that day that I didn't think was humanly possible... I saw a man throw not 1, but 2 interceptions on screen passes, to d lineman to boot, who them promptly returned them a combined total of 200 yards for 2 touchdowns...  mind blowing actually... but my brother in law has a two headed calf too, another one of the worlds little mysteries of craziness...

Sure, then Nichols came back and they took it to 'em when it counted most in the playoffs.

This is one time I wish mos would have stuck to the norm and acted like nichols was gonna start. Try to limit how much time the moes spend game planning for streveler. Though with streveler and harris we have the pieces to counter any strat, im not confident plop will do any thing but out think him self in the end. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This is one time I wish mos would have stuck to the norm and acted like nichols was gonna start. Try to limit how much time the moes spend game planning for streveler. Though with streveler and harris we have the pieces to counter any strat, im not confident plop will do any thing but out think him self in the end. 

The Eskies started planning to play against Steveler the minute they saw Nichols point to his throwing arm when he came off the field.

17 hours ago, johnzo said:

Labour Day / Banjo Bowl is weird tho.  That's what makes it so awesome, records don't matter, starting QB doesn't matter.  Justin Goltz won a Banjo Bowl.  Matt Nichols won one on two days' practice. Brett Smith beat us.  Rocky Butler. 1-7 vs 7-1 in 2011. And Cody F. is far from the worst QB rolled out by either team.

Truth is false and logic lost during these rivalry games.

Let's not forget that the juggernaut '97 Bombers, led by THE Jeff Reinebold, went in and blew the Riders out in the LDC 43-12. I agree, it's a weird game. Maybe we'll get to see another Bomber blowout win this year. 😊

Yes, Streveler is not a finished, polished product.  But his unusual strength and speed, from the QB slot.... may give us some opportunities to really open up this O. 

Provided we have a game plan, that is tailored to his strengths.   No to a lot of straight dropbacks.  Would like to see a lot of roll out, moving pocket, option sets - get this guy in positions, when he can pressure spots on D. be a dual threat with Harris.... and force some defenders into playing Peter or Paul, back there.  

Interesting to see what Lapo does with a different (it has to be) plan.....and how Strev can execute it.

Edited by do or die

1 minute ago, ddanger said:

Pretty risky running with only 2 qb's. Gotta think Walters is burning up the phone lines. Imagine the chaos if Streveler gets hurt....... 

Then they put in McGuire.  If he goes down then they just run direct snaps to Harris.  If you are putting in your third string QB in a game that the number 1 and 2 went down, then that guy is not bringing you back to win.  The game needs to be run out one way of the other.  NFL teams, such as the Patriots, only dress 2 QB's al the time.  The only reason CFL teams usually dress 3 is because they are exempt from the roster rules.  If it meant they could play another position player, most coaches would only dress 2.  That was the way it was before they changed the rule.