ALLCAPS @ Bombers game day

GAME 5 | OTTAWA REDBLACKS (2-2) at WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (4-0)

THE 4-1-1

Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. Friday, IG Field
TV: TSN, RDS, ESPN+
Radio: 680 CJOB
Vegas line: The Bombers are favoured by 10 points.
The forecast: Sunny with a high of 25.
Home/Road: The Bombers are 2-0 at home this year after wins over Edmonton and Toronto. Winnipeg is a solid 18-8 at IG Field since August of 2016 – when Matt Nichols assumed the starting quarterback chores. Ottawa is 1-0 on the road this year, having knocked off Calgary in Week 1.
Recent history: The Bombers are 4-0 to start a season for the first time since 2003 after wins over B.C., Edmonton, Ottawa and Toronto. Ottawa, meanwhile, has dropped two straight after opening the season 2-0, with losses to the Bombers – 29-14 in the capital back on July 5th – and Montreal last weekend.
Series: The Bombers are 46-31-1 all time vs. the Ottawa Rough Riders/Renegades/REDBLACKS.

With thanks to Ed Tait

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/07/18/game-preview-ott-vs-wpg-3/

D_w4mLfXUAYRqx5.jpg

ott.png

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

I like our receivers vs their secondary.

I also like Harris vs their defence.

Harris has compiled some strong rushing numbers vs the REDBLACKS over the last 4 games. He has totals of 83, 72, 132 & 80 rushing yards for averages of 92 yards per game and 6.0 yards per carry over this span. 

40 minutes ago, White Out said:

I make cute Bomber fans

GO BLUE 

20190719-110359.jpg

Wow...,....can't share the wife's comments around here but we gotta see this....

anyways.....after watching that cfl game last night and how terrible both teams looked.... I am hoping Matty has a huge game tonight and gets enough long drives to break that elusive 300 yd game we all know this team can pull off....,... gonna need to monitor the beer intake while sitting in the sun this afternoon catching some rays,  no way I wanna miss my first tv Bomber game this year !

GO BOMBERS !

Darrin Bauming continues to insist on using the term "healthy scratch" for Matthews... while it is possible he is almost healthy and he certainly is scratched... "healthy scratch" is a nice way of saying benched for performance or other issues... I believe it's more of a "rest up so you're healthy in the long run" type of scratch...  

18 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Darrin Bauming continues to insist on using the term "healthy scratch" for Matthews... while it is possible he is almost healthy and he certainly is scratched... "healthy scratch" is a nice way of saying benched for performance or other issues... I believe it's more of a "rest up so you're healthy in the long run" type of scratch...  

Load management via the Toronto Raptors and Kawhi 

52 minutes ago, bearpants said:

With that logic why don't the Bombers just save him for the playoffs?!?! Yikes!

tait.

Bombers QB Matt Nichols offered up great praise on Lawler, who joined the club’s practice roster late last year.

“He’s evolved and I think it just comes from his work ethic and his want-to to be better,” Nichols said. “He’s taken major strides and made some big plays last week… he’s a big-time playmaker, big body, strong hands. I don’t know if anyone has shook his hand before, but it basically wraps up your forearm. He’s a special talent and I’m proud of the way he’s worked hard to get better and better in learning the offence is allowing his playmaking ability to show through.

“You probably could ask anyone about who has made the most crazy catches in training camp till now and I think everyone would probably say him. He’s made some unbelievable plays.”

I don't recognize more than a few names on the RedBlacks roster.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd imagine unless Jennings has the game of his life (again) against us... we should be able to take control.

If I'm not mistaken Hurl was our MLB in that game when Jennings ran (and threw) roughshod all over our secondary. We were a different team back then. I can't see him having the same success this time around. In fact, I think he will be in for a rude surprise this time.

Much as I am hoping that the Bombers will win this walking away, I am dreading that the game might turn into a bore-fest like the game last night. I would be happy if the Bomber defence held the RedBlacks to less than 15 points and Andrew Harris ran wild. Would be nice to see some of the bench get into the action.

Edited by Tracker

hmmmm.......Irving and Co say Matthews is, indeed, a legitimate healthy scratch. Say he's fully healthy and the coaches just decided they want to start Lawler ahead of him right now, and that it might have something to do with what they're seeing in practice...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

hmmmm.......Irving and Co say Matthews is, indeed, a legitimate healthy scratch. Say he's fully healthy and the coaches just decided they want to start Lawler ahead of him right now, and that it might have something to do with what they're seeing in practice...

What? Lawler better than Matthews?

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Walby is just as confused as anybody else. Matthews could start. Walby thinks we’ll know the answer by who works with the #1s next week. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, no, bad choice of words, let’s just hope the people in the know, know. 

Geez, there always seem to be something..

It did feel like Matthews wasn’t a great fit in the games he was in the lineup for. Even with the small sample size. Lawler certainly moves a hell of a lot better. Matthews is much better as a wideout than as a slot, but so is Adams and wasting one of them at field WR isn’t a good option either. 

Edited by AKAChip