Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

What position is he being switched to. He played very well in the SAM position and I think he should be back there after the injury.

Rios didnt played well there. Maston only played there last games, I think. 

Another stupid move by MOS.

He said he was changing his role, not his position. Maston played there, and played well against the same team they're playing in a few days. That's not stupid...secondary positions need to stay the same as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Starting to be some weird things going on here.

Reminds me of the Terence-Jeffers Harris situation back awhile ago (OMG it was 8 years ago already, man time flies) where they canned him before the play-offs.  Maybe this will be what it takes to get us back into the Grey Cup game just like it worked in 2011? :)

Edited by kelownabomberfan

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Reminds me of the Terence-Jeffers Harris situation back awhile ago (OMG it was 8 years ago already, man time flies) where they canned him before the play-offs.  Maybe this will be what it takes to get us back into the Grey Cup game just like it worked in 2011? :)

Reminded me of Barron Simpson.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

They cover the team when its Jets's off season?

There's a small period of time after the Jets have been eliminated from the playoffs and the draft where they allow their reporters to cover the Bombers. It's usually during camp because it's cheap to send them to the stadium. The reporters generally use this as a vacay. 

11 hours ago, gcn11 said:

They are crowing about Fajardo's selection as West MOP over on Riderfans, while wilfully ignoring that really he was just the baron of beef after the owners decided not to put the filet mignon on the menu. Hey, if they are proud that he is the 2nd rate MOP candidate in the West...so be it I guess. Yet another asterisk to put beside a Rider accomplishment.

No media can ever take away the fact that Harris was the best player in the CFL this year. They can vote him down from receiving an award for it, but they simply cannot ever change the accomplishment itself. If whoever wins the MOP and MOC awards are happy knowing they are the best of the leftovers....all the power to them.

Banks should beat out Fajardo. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

He said he was changing his role, not his position. Maston played there, and played well against the same team they're playing in a few days. That's not stupid...secondary positions need to stay the same as much as possible. 

No, O'Shea changed his position. I don't get it. I hope we don't get a dose of Rios and his terrible play. O'Shea's the boss. He must have his reasons.

3 hours ago, J5V said:

No, O'Shea changed his position. I don't get it. I hope we don't get a dose of Rios and his terrible play. O'Shea's the boss. He must have his reasons.

O'Shea said he changed Gaitor's role, not his position. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the change in role was not starting and he wouldn't accept being a back-up.

Edited by Jacquie

I think there's more to this story but we didn't need any locker room distractions at this time. The timing definitely sucks. 

Some times O'Shea tells us that his player said he's good to go, no matter how battered, so he's playing. Player's coach. Other times O'Shea says the player is not going in or is being re-assigned no matter what the player wants. Hard ass coach. I guess it depends on who the player is and what the circumstances are.

Bottom line is, O'Shea is the boss and it's his team. My only concern is that, in my view, Gaitor is a much better player than Rios, and we can't afford to not be playing our best players in the playoffs. If Rios plays in Gaitor's spot and gets lit up again by Bo, well.

This isn't the first time we've heard this sort of thing with O'Shea. Some very good players have simply walked away from this team. I thought everyone wanted to play for O'Shea and that's why they're here. Troubling, and as I say, the timing is brutal. I can't help but wonder what Gaitor's team mates are thinking and feeling at this time. Damn!

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

I think there's more to this story but we didn't need any locker room distractions at this time. The timing definitely sucks. 

Some times O'Shea tells us that his player said he's good to go, no matter how battered, so he's playing. Player's coach. Other times O'Shea says the player is not going in or is being re-assigned no matter what the player wants. Hard ass coach. I guess it depends on who the player is and what the circumstances are.

Bottom line is, O'Shea is the boss and it's his team. My only concern is that, in my view, Gaitor is a much better player than Rios, and we can't afford to not be playing our best players in the playoffs. If Rios plays in Gaitor's spot and gets lit up again by Bo, well.

This isn't the first time we've heard this sort of thing with O'Shea. Some very good players have simply walked away from this team. I thought everyone wanted to play for O'Shea and that's why they're here. Troubling, and as I say, the timing is brutal. I can't help but wonder what Gaitor's team mates are thinking and feeling at this time. Damn!

O'Shea obviously backing up the wishes of his DC Hall. 

17 minutes ago, J5V said:

Depends who you listen to, I guess.

"Bombers Head Coach Mike O’Shea indicated on Thursday that Gaitor refused a positional switch after getting healthy, and he has since left the team."

https://globalnews.ca/news/6142603/winnipeg-blue-bombers-anthony-gaitor/

I would prefer listening to Mike O'Shea (3:19): https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/11/07/coach-oshea-november-7-2/

Bauming: I asked you about Anthony Gaitor a month ago and you told me he would need some time. Can you update us?

MOS: Yep, I switched his roles and he decided to move on.

Bauming: Could you clarify? 

MOS: I gave him a different role and he decided not to accept it.

Bauming: So is he still with the team?

MOS: Nope

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

Yes, I've heard this before but haven't seen much production out of those "very good" players elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I've heard this before but haven't seen much production out of those "very good" players elsewhere. 

This. And how can anyone try and put a decision made by a player on the coach? Gaitor feels he's bigger than the team, decided not to accept a different role, and chose to be a clown and bail on the team. That's on him and him alone.

No single player is ever bigger than the team.