Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Like they were supposed to do? According to who? You?

Harris has been incredible this year, and has set standards and records. He deserved recognition from the only people who could give him recognition...Winnipeg media. Where it went from there is irrelevant. It should have been discussed more and a nomination would have done that.

He deserves at least that. Even his teammates recognize this and have spoken to it..

It was their job to vote and they voted. That's what they are supposed to do.

His teammates and most Bomber fans are on his side, but that obviously doesn't mean the folks who voted are.

Edited by TBURGESS

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

His teammates and most Bomber fans are on his side, but that obviously doesn't mean the folks who voted are.

Being in such close proximity one would hope  the local media would have more insight into the character and the work ethic of Harris and at least acknowledge the key role he plays on the team, the work  he puts in on a daily basis to better his game, and the contributions he makes to the community.  Mike Miller was not their choice as Most Outstanding Canadian, it was obviously a protest vote that effectively spoiled their ballots.  Their job was to follow the rules of the process, not collude to alter the results to fit their morality.

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Being in such close proximity one would hope  the local media would have more insight into the character and the work ethic of Harris and at least acknowledge the key role he plays on the team, the work  he puts in on a daily basis to better his game, and the contributions he makes to the community.  Mike Miller was not their choice as Most Outstanding Canadian, it was obviously a protest vote that effectively spoiled their ballots.  Their job was to follow the rules of the process, not collude to alter the results to fit their morality

IMO the league should make a rule one way or the other but, they did follow the rules as they currently are. There is no rule that says they have to vote for a player who tested positive for PED's and there's no rule that says they can't vote for a player who tested positive for PED's.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Being in such close proximity one would hope  the local media would have more insight into the character and the work ethic of Harris and at least acknowledge the key role he plays on the team, the work  he puts in on a daily basis to better his game, and the contributions he makes to the community.  Mike Miller was not their choice as Most Outstanding Canadian, it was obviously a protest vote that effectively spoiled their ballots.  Their job was to follow the rules of the process, not collude to alter the results to fit their morality.

this is the only part that kind of bugs me.... the three voters who voted against Harris could've independently decided to exclude Harris due to his suspension, that's fine... but there's no chance they each independently decided that Mike Miller was the guy... they had to collude to make sure they got the votes to exclude Harris... 

Edited by bearpants

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this is the only part that kind of bugs me.... the three voters who voted against Harris could've independently decided to exclude Harris due to his suspension, that's fine... but there's no chance they each independently decided that Mike Miller was the guy... they had to collude to make sure they got the votes to exclude Harris... 

Agree 100%. 

The only thing we don't know is how they actually voted because you vote for two, first and second, as I understand it. It may be that Miller got enough 2nd place votes. Demski wasn't that far ahead. 

I also didn't like that they tried selling the story that they would be setting a bad precedent but ignored the fact that a player with a drug suspension can and has been nominated before.  

These few local hacks are out on a limb by themselves it would seem.  They wouldn't name Harris as an outstanding nominee but their fellow FRC members had no issues naming him an all-star.

Why bother arguing with TBurg? He comes on here, sees which way popular opinion is blowing then holds onto his hat and walks directly against the wind. His opinion is formed only when he knows what everybody else's opinion is. If the vast majority of people here were in favor of Harris's exclusion he most likely would have been arguing that Harris should have been included. He relishes the role of contrarian, when you argue with him it scratches that itch.

Edited by gcn11

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Why bother arguing with TBurg? He comes on here, sees which way popular opinion is blowing then holds onto his hat and walks directly against the wind. His opinion is formed only when he knows what everybody else's opinion is. If the vast majority of people here were in favor of Harris's exclusion he most likely would have been arguing that Harris should have been included. He relishes the role of contrarian, when you argue with him it scratches that itch.

Related image

39 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

BS. I don't care what the popular opinion is. I don't wait until it's established to form my opinion.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Their job, was the vote for the best players in each slot. They did not do that. 

21 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

So you are suggesting it is just an uncanny coincidence that your opinion always falls contrary to the popular opinion here? I guess that's possible but seems improbable.

I'm not suggesting it. I'm stating it as a fact and FTR, my opinion isn't always contrary to popular opinion.

Edited by TBURGESS

9 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Like they were supposed to do? According to who? You?

Harris has been incredible this year, and has set standards and records. He deserved recognition from the only people who could give him recognition...Winnipeg media. Where it went from there is irrelevant. It should have been discussed more and a nomination would have done that.

He deserves at least that. Even his teammates recognize this and have spoken to it..

Harris deserved better than he got from the 3 hacks who voted against him. He should ignore any interview requests from them from now on & let them get roasted on social media when they ***** & complain as no one will care what they think. 

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

IMO the league should make a rule one way or the other but, they did follow the rules as they currently are. There is no rule that says they have to vote for a player who tested positive for PED's and there's no rule that says they can't vote for a player who tested positive for PED's.

But there are rules about collusion, or at least an acceptable standard of ethics.