Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

28 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

They should be more worried about OD. 

He has struck out twice on his his first two swings. 

Have they resigned anyone yet? 

Keep em coming Jonsie! 

The saying still has meaning and will all season untill they turn his rogue ship around...

This is actually a really good question. I can't recall any of their big name FA getting extended...will certainly be interesting to see how that **** show unfolds in the next few weeks.

Now, there's Arash...

Arash MadaniVerified account @ArashMadani 42m42 minutes ago

On February 4, 2010, the Blue Bombers hired Paul LaPolice as head coach. He was OC in Saskatchewan then. That was fine. But it's unacceptable to the Wade Miller-led Winnipeg regime to have LaPolice interview for another #CFL head coaching job in January? The month prior? How?

Was LaPolice contract with the Riders up end of 2009? Any link to that? 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Now, there's Arash...

On February 4, 2010, the Blue Bombers hired Paul LaPolice as head coach. He was OC in Saskatchewan then. That was fine. But it's unacceptable to the Wade Miller-led Winnipeg regime to have LaPolice interview for another #CFL head coaching job in January? The month prior? How?

Was LaPolice contract with the Riders up end of 2009? Any link to that? 

As I explained to the Rider folks, training camp started in June in ’10.  It starts 2.5 weeks earlier this year as the schedule moved up. If that's the case the equivalent closing window on coaching hires would be last week. 

1 hour ago, lyin' guy said:

As I explained to the Rider folks, training camp started in June in ’10.  It starts 2.5 weeks earlier this year as the schedule moved up. If that's the case the equivalent closing window on coaching hires would be last week. 

I can understand fan forum members maybe not knowing this or putting this together. But I expect a "professional" to know the nuances of how things may have changed in 9 ******* years. Arash is just a ******* joke of a reporter.

You're going to sit there and act like comparing something from 9 years ago is relevant? Wtf...it'd be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

I honestly wish we'd all just move on from this topic. The reasons are just and make complete sense unless you're a complete God Damn tool or a ssk homer or a troll. And if you're any of those things there's no point to explaining anything to you anyway.

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I can understand fan forum members maybe not knowing this or putting this together. But I expect a "professional" to know the nuances of how things may have changed in 9 ******* years. Arash is just a ******* joke of a reporter.

You're going to sit there and act like comparing something from 9 years ago is relevant? Wtf...it'd be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

I honestly wish we'd all just move on from this topic. The reasons are just and make complete sense unless you're a complete God Damn tool or a ssk homer or a troll. And if you're any of those things there's no point to explaining anything to you anyway.

He used to work for the Bombers didn't he? They fired or laid him off, right? Carrying a grudge, I suspect.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Fairly certain he was not under contract in 2010. Somebody should ask Arash why he's not dumping on Ottawa?

He was just finishing up his third year with Sask at the end of 2009 and the infamous 13th man. Rider fans pretty well ran him out of town after that loss. Not sure if he was under contract for 2010 or if they had not yet extended his contract. 

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Fairly certain he was not under contract in 2010. Somebody should ask Arash why he's not dumping on Ottawa?

This. What an assclown.

Moreover, how is what happened nearly a decade ago relevant at all now? Madani, as usual, is late to the show and does nothing but feebly stir the pot. Again: what an assclown.

12 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Now, there's Arash...

There, there. Someone give the man a pat on the head and answer his question. 

Lapo held hostage. Day 4.

The clouds have passed and we're headed east. We've grabbed the map that Cleetus Jr got with his kids meal at Humpty's. He's coloured most of it but we can still make out where the Saskatchewan ends and Manitoba begins. We'll need to avoid the giant bison that dominates the western portion Manitoba. I just need to put my teeth in and then the tractors roll. Hold on Lapo, we're a comin' for ya!