Needs for next year

blue85gold

1 minute ago, jazzsax said:

Of course you would because that would let you use up one more finger on that single hand of grey cup wins.

Talk to use when you're counting them on both hands...

As long as you feel good about losing, that's all that matters.

12 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Exactly. We never attacked the defense. What happened to all the creative plays we practiced? We bring a quick kick returner on to the roster and start him at received and then don't run any plays to get the ball in his hands? The whole game felt like pound it with Harris on 1st down for 5-6 yards. Have all the receivers run 5 yards and turn around on 2nd. 

If you listen to the post-game interviews of BLM and Dickenson on the Stamps. website they make it clear they were very aware they were locked in a stalemate in the 2nd half and the only way to break through it was to attack aggressively and take some chances.  It worked.  I didn't see evidence of that realization coming from the Bomber sideline or any aggressive alteration to the game plan in a timely enough manner to make enough difference in the outcome.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'm not sure how anyone can have anything bad to say about Neufeld after the season he just had... played as well as Bond and played all 18 games... he's a Canadian making (reportedly) around 140k this year... I would guess about 8 other teams in the league would've loved to have had him in their lineup this year...

My guess is it's Winnipeg or BC... hopefully Hervey screws it up again this off-season and he comes back here for a couple years...

He didnt play any where near as good as bond played... He was solid in run pro but constantly exposed in pass pro. When he slid over to tackle it was even worse. There is a good reason why no other team has kicked the tires on him, and why he has sat on the bench for soo many games in his career with out getting scooped.  

One of the reasons we lost to Calgary was the quality of their receivers. How did Calgary manage to field a team of such good receivers, including Chris Matthews, after all the injuries to receivers that they already had this season, while we couldn't bring in even one receiver of Chris Matthew's calibre, not one, in 5 years?

I simply cannot understand that and it concerns me greatly.

3 hours ago, J5V said:

One of the reasons we lost to Calgary was the quality of their receivers. How did Calgary manage to field a team of such good receivers, including Chris Matthews, after all the injuries to receivers that they already had this season, while we couldn't bring in even one receiver of Chris Matthew's calibre, not one, in 5 years?

I'm not sure of the reasons..  but it does seem to me that some of the guys we bring up don't get a fair shake.   Thompkins seemingly caught everything going his way when he played.  I'm not sure if plays were not designed for him to be the target or if Nichols just wasn't throwing his way?

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He didnt play any where near as good as bond played... He was solid in run pro but constantly exposed in pass pro. When he slid over to tackle it was even worse. There is a good reason why no other team has kicked the tires on him, and why he has sat on the bench for soo many games in his career with out getting scooped.  

Ummmm plenty of guards don’t play tackle - pretty sure Bond doesn’t either. 

16 hours ago, White Out said:

Jesus Christ is there anything more insufferable than the ongoing "our backup QB is a hero" **** that exists in Winnipeg fans? I want to dive off a cliff.

Without speaking for everyone, I feel like most of us who clamour for Streveler are far from confident he will be the next great QB. Just that he has promise and this team has gone as far as it is likely able to go with Nichols and Streveler is trending in the right direction while Nichols is trending in the wrong direction. And it is also very clear that Streveler is better than any Bomber backup QB in an extremely long time. 

11 hours ago, J5V said:

And you know what - I’m quite sure they knew this. Unfortunately their solution was to sign Adarius Bowman. 

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Without speaking for everyone, I feel like most of us who clamour for Streveler are far from confident he will be the next great QB. Just that he has promise and this team has gone as far as it is likely able to go with Nichols and Streveler is trending in the right direction while Nichols is trending in the wrong direction. And it is also very clear that Streveler is better than any Bomber backup QB in an extremely long time. 

Its often just the realization that the starter isn't good enough that has people calling for the backup.  I wanted Bridge to start last year, I had just seen the Kevin Glenn movie one too many times.