Needs for next year

blue85gold

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

If we offer 250k and BC offers 200K he might sign with us.  Or... he might decide that 50k is not worth it and take the lower offer because maybe he sees things differently than you do.  As weird as this sounds to a lot of people, it's not always about the money.

It definitly doesn't have to be about the money if you feel you have enough all ready I suppose.  I remember back roughly 10 years ago I switched positions at work and it cost me over 7$ an hour on my pay........ so yeh who knows where any player will sign at any time.... 

You can't put a ******* gun to the guy's head. His speech REALLY sounded like "Smell Ya Later..." so I'm preparing for this to be the only season we have him. Time to start thinking about Wilson or Knox in the middle next year. 

This season, the Bombers proved that their o-line and defensive front 7 could go toe to toe with anyone in the league, top 3 for sure. Would be nice to try to keep as much of it as possible intact but failing that, there will be a lot of good free agents available to plug the holes.

A shut down corner would be nice for those tall Williams/Mathews type of receivers (Fogg/Randle just give up too much size to those types of receivers).

And more explosive players on offence, at least one freakish deep threat import and a hybrid kr/rb.

Assuming Nichols can use those weapons to their fullest, we should be contending again. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

This season, the Bombers proved that their o-line and defensive front 7 could go toe to toe with anyone in the league, top 3 for sure. Would be nice to try to keep as much of it as possible intact but failing that, there will be a lot of good free agents available to plug the holes.

A shut down corner would be nice for those tall Williams/Mathews type of receivers (Fogg/Randle just give up too much size to those types of receivers).

And more explosive players on offence, at least one freakish deep threat import and a hybrid kr/rb.

Assuming Nichols can use those weapons to their fullest, we should be contending again. 

Agreed. This is a BIG "if".

58 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yup... time to find a home for his fam here in town. 

Who set Milt up? Get them on board for Biggie and the fam. 

Since you raised his name, the BB Organization should hire this man to be our Ambassador to lure high end talent here.

Good investment I say. We have a road named after him for (insert word) sakes.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Without Bighill, I just see 2017's defense all over again. Especially if Hall comes back.  That is a scary thought. 

JSK in the middle is an improvement over Hurl. And, there must be other LBs we can scoop, right? 

EDIT: I still believe Hall retires. But that's just a feeling. 

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, JCon said:

JSK in the middle is an improvement over Hurl. And, there must be other LBs we can scoop, right? 

EDIT: I still believe Hall retires. But that's just a feeling. 

It concerns me that there were two good MLBs in Woods and Taylor and there was no indication that Walters pursued either.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

It concerns me that there were two good MLBs in Woods and Taylor and there was no indication that Walters pursued either.

And yet, both did exactly nothing this year. Woods is too much of an injury risk, and Taylor is still living off one good year. I honestly don't think I'd pursue either this off season.

If we can't sign Bighill then , Goosen, Chung, JSK have to be our top priorities. 

What id like to see next year is Wolitarsky moved inside and a Chris Matthews type WR on the outside.  Sadly the best candidate for the outside position may be Simonise so we'd have to draft a bunch more national WRs to back them up.