Crossover Standings after Week 13

DougR

Back to back spankings are not fun.  Our Bombers would still be the crossover team if the playoffs started next weekend. 

Ottawa lost but, Hamilton won.  Seeing both of those teams with 6-5 records today gives a Bomber fan some hope but, there are still 6 games left in the regular season.  Should we be afraid of the Alouettes on the 21st?  Thankfully we have next week off.  We need a break from losing.

Official Crossover Standings: https://www.cfl.ca/standings/#crossover

Alouette, gentille alouette, (Lark, nice lark,)  Alouette, je te plumerai.  (Alouette I will pluck you)

GO BOMBERS!  Please win a game or two or three or four more.....

Oh please, we can still make the playoffs in the west. The Riders offense sucks with Collaros and it doesn't get better if he's concussed again and out for any time. You can't rely on the defense scoring several touchdowns a game for you forever, you might get on a run for a while but it won't last. Neither is Edmonton so far ahead. 

Lot of defeatists here but there's plenty of time left in this season and plenty of wins left for us to get. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh please, we can still make the playoffs in the west. The Riders offense sucks with Collaros and it doesn't get better if he's concussed again and out for any time. You can't rely on the defense scoring several touchdowns a game for you forever, you might get on a run for a while but it won't last. Neither is Edmonton so far ahead. 

Lot of defeatists here but there's plenty of time left in this season and plenty of wins left for us to get. 

What if we don't want to make the playoffs in the west.

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Then we make the crossover and win the grey cup as an eastern team, it won't be the strangest thing to happen. 

Montreal, Toronto and BC are not good teams... 

Running with Streveler for the rest of the season - thru the ups and downs... with Nichols as a 'Kevin Glenn' type insurance...  that's the best chance at a GC

Just now, Tracker said:

The Riders are not a good team, and won both games only because Nichols threw the games away- literally.

Basically. I think Nichols is playing to the pressure from the media right now.  A good QB that is really forcing it because things are not going well for the team.

6 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Basically. I think Nichols is playing to the pressure from the media right now.  A good QB that is really forcing it because things are not going well for the team.

Agreed... but its also very clear that he should have ridden out the full 6-game and not come back early.

I wanted to know who was next up if Nichols ever went down early last season.  I wanted to know if Davis could help if he had to.  That didn't work out,  now I wonder how good Streveler is.  In my opinion Nichols will never win us a grey cup, so we gotta find that true elite next CFL quarterback hero.  

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

You need to come back down to reality man. You keep saying the Riders suck. They've beaten our team twice.

We suck. End of story.

Yeah they do suck, they needed some huge brain farts by the Bombers to win those games, that's not the mark of a good team, just the Bombers shooting themselves in the foot. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Agreed... but its also very clear that he should have ridden out the full 6-game and not come back early.

I think he knows he saved O'Shea job and has been leveraging it for the past year and bit. They both need to go. Get what you can for him. Maybe get lucky again.

3 hours ago, TheBandit said:

You need to come back down to reality man. You keep saying the Riders suck. They've beaten our team twice.

We suck. End of story.

The Riders will always suck.

17 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Riders are not a good team, and won both games only because Nichols threw the games away- literally.

I have to disagree with you. Remember the Riders also beat Calgary - something we have not accomplish in a very long time. So get over it. The Riders have the best defense in the CFL (or at least 2nd best) and their offense does enough to win. So whether you agree whether or not they are a good team they are at the moment a better team then Winnipeg - and that is a fact!

3 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I have to disagree with you. Remember the Riders also beat Calgary - something we have not accomplish in a very long time. So get over it. The Riders have the best defense in the CFL (or at least 2nd best) and their offense does enough to win. So whether you agree whether or not they are a good team they are at the moment a better team then Winnipeg - and that is a fact!

Most logical comment on this forum right now. Someone who gets it.

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The sanctimonious disregard for others opinions who don't share your pie in the sky drug induced vision of our  crappy performance this year is overwhelming.

14 minutes ago, BBRT said:

True... but they are still the riders... so, they will always suck in perpetuity.

41 minutes ago, White Out said:

The sanctimonious disregard for others opinions who don't share your pie in the sky drug induced vision of our  crappy performance this year is overwhelming.

Touched a nerve huh? You are one of the biggest examples of what I am talking about. Must be tough going through life so angry all the time. 

And save me the opinions on my opinions, you are as sanctimonious and dismissive and outright hostile to opinions you don't like as anyone.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Touched a nerve huh? You are one of the biggest examples of what I am talking about. Must be tough going through life so angry all the time. 

And save me the opinions on my opinions, you are as sanctimonious and dismissive and outright hostile to opinions you don't like as anyone.

I'm a realist. This team hasn't delivered a championship in 28 years. The current staff hasn't even delivered a playoff win in 4 and likely 5 seasons. I get that it's probably less aggravating to be naive about the state of the team and blissfully float along thinking success is merely a corner away. But the track record of this club, management, and coaching staff say otherwise.