3 stars and hh red hot qb controversy edition

wbbfan

1 the interior dl. Nevis and poop played great. Two stuffs on less then a yard. 

2 mo great break up some big tackles. 

3 wolitarsky catching every thing near him. 

Hh Sayles for a couple big hits 

Three thumbs down to lofflers awful pursuit angle on the deep ball that broke our back. The ol play with out hardrick. And Nichols play as a whole. 

I'd say Hall has to step back and someone else has to take the D coordinator's reins....Over 400 yds. passing by Bo while we watch him play pitch and catch....We were out of position in the secondary,in chase mode most of the time, and totally collapsed in the second half...I could have butchered that secondary and I haven't thrown a meaningful pass in decades....Pretty shabby Ritchie

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I'd say Hall has to step back and someone else has to take the D coordinator's reins....Over 400 yds. passing by Bo while we watch him play pitch and catch....We were out of position in the secondary,in chase mode most of the time, and totally collapsed in the second half...I could have butchered that secondary and I haven't thrown a meaningful pass in decades....Pretty shabby Ritchie

Agree with that. Again the offense adjusted to our defense mid game and we never re adjusted or progressed. 

Just now, pigseye said:

Adams had the dropsy's  today, 3 very critical ones that could have really changed mo. Did he and Lankford change numbers today? 

The first one was a horrible throw he made a great effort to make it close. Not a drop at all. The third was also way behind and to the wrong shoulder into the defense. 

8 minutes ago, White Out said:

MOS once again out coached in the 2nd half and it was incredibly pronounced.

Lol. Nope. BLM is elite. Nichols is ****. Thats the difference. Coaching? Lol... Keep pushing that agenda and ignore that our QB cant complete a pass of more than 8 yards

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Nope. BLM is elite. Nichols is ****. Thats the difference. Coaching? Lol... Keep pushing that agenda and ignore that our QB cant complete a pass of more than 8 yards

I agree BLM is elite. But if you think BLM being elite makes MOS a good coach you're really doing some impressive mental gymnastics to make excuses for him. He's probably the 2nd or maybe worst coach in the CFL. He's a nice guy with a **** eating grin that lets his players do whatever they want but he can't put this team into the elite category. Hell, he will struggle to coach this team to the playoffs it seems.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The first one was a horrible throw he made a great effort to make it close. Not a drop at all. The third was also way behind and to the wrong shoulder into the defense. 

Disagree, two went right through his hands and the other (long bomb) though under-thrown, went through his arms, all 3 very catch-able and what you would expect your #1 guy to come up with in a big game. 

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You know its a bad game when one of your scratches shares the first star.... ha

I saw Bryant in on a play but didn't know poop was scratched. Had to watch away from home, I'll have to re watch the game later. Was Bryant playing most of the game or Thomas? 

On that note though I'd say hardrick needs some retroactive stars. Foketi didn't have a good game nor did the line with out him. 

Also a tip of the hat to bennett for another team's tackle. 

Edited by wbbfan

I don't if anyone else has noticed but where the hell has our return game gone....Special teams were supposed to be a spark that ignited this club....that part of our game has dried up...along with a few other facets...Every other team possesses a game breaker on returns while we struggle along with whatever O'Shea throws in...The more I think about this coach the more I think he should be gone...The luv in with the players can only take you so far but you need to have some grey matter to go along with that...It seems like everything has worn thin with Mike and if we miss the playoffs it'll be sayonara 

57 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Whoopdedoo. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough for year 5 of the regime, especially a cross over.

Disappointing yes, but it's a start.  Make the playoffs and anything can happen.  It might be good that the Bombers are playing horrible ball right now, they have time to work through it, I doubt it can persist for the remainder of the season, but if it does....there will be consequences.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Disappointing yes, but it's a start.  Make the playoffs and anything can happen.  It might be good that the Bombers are playing horrible ball right now, they have time to work through it, I doubt it can persist for the remainder of the season, but if it does....there will be consequences.

When it comes to this group there are never consequences.

10 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I'll take the cross over spot this year.... with Streveler getting us a cup

I am also a Streveler fan and while he looks to have all the tools and attitude necessary to shine as a CFL quarterback, he does not have the experience and that is hard-won. Even if the Bombers stumble into the playoffs with a crossover, I am not at all confident that they could beat even the Argos.

9 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I'll take the cross over spot this year.... with Streveler getting us a cup

Yeah, I think this is the best Plan B we can hope for now: the bombers continue to stink but are just good enough to get the crossover and, assuming Nichols’ downward trajectory continues, we only have to have hope that the incredibly thick-headed coach accepts, by playoff time, that Streveler gives us the best chance, regardless of his limited experience, because his physical skill set is that much superior.  Hell, he even looks mentally tougher/sharper at this point – albeit in his limited appearances/limited sample size (recently), thanks to Mr. Pigheadedness. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I am also a Streveler fan and while he looks to have all the tools and attitude necessary to shine as a CFL quarterback, he does not have the experience and that is hard-won. Even if the Bombers stumble into the playoffs with a crossover, I am not at all confident that they could beat even the Argos.

Streveler is exciting but Bennett is the future, if our staff doesn't find a way to f that up first. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Streveler is exciting but Bennett is the future, if our staff doesn't find a way to f that up first. 

What?? Bennett didn't show enough to be kept even in Regina. He may have the right attitude and tools but Streveler has at least demonstrated that he can play at a high level even if it was only for a few plays.

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

And this nonsense about these guys not being ready is just that ... nonsense. Ready for what? Sure these young guys need to adjust to the pro game but it's not like they've never played football before. If the ability is there all they need is playing time. Does O'Shea really think he's doing the player, the team, the coaches, and the fans any favours by sending Nichols out there to stink out the joint game after game?