Paul Lapolice

Goalie

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's hard to moan and complain when the team was on a winning streak. And when the facts don't support your argument, you just lie. 

Seriously, I make an honest mistake and it's lying to support an argument, believe what you want to, but the receiving corps has regressed big time in the last two seasons and it's being reflected in the passing stats. 

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Only weaklink is Lankford - we replace our main YAC receiver with a speed guy who can't catch...  of course, Nichols starts checking down and loses his mojo

Interesting to see just how disrespected Cdn talent still is...

Make Demski our main SB next week - he will rise to the occasion

When Wolitarsky gets a chance, he will be a great SB

Peterman, LaFrance, Simonise, Augustine - start working these guys into sets - use the talent that is there.

This is nothing more than wishful thinking, those guys need time develop unless you don't care if we don't win another game all season. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

This is nothing more than wishful thinking, those guys need time develop unless you don't care if we don't win another game all season. 

I know you're upset that JFG is gone, I understand... he had great hair.

Check Demski's stats...  he's legit - and that's with 4 games with a backup QB - not wishful thinking

Wolitarsky has already shown that he's a performer in the red zone.  You don't need everyone to be 1000 yard receivers - you need one key guy who can step up and catch a TD

Peterman and LaFrance... if those guys were imports and caught the same balls they have this year... we'd be pumping their tires - instead we're wishing for Corey Washington who has done... um... what?

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I know you're upset that JFG is gone, I understand... he had great hair.

Check Demski's stats...  he's legit - and that's with 4 games with a backup QB - not wishful thinking

Wolitarsky has already shown that he's a performer in the red zone.  You don't need everyone to be 1000 yard receivers - you need one key guy who can step up and catch a TD

Peterman and LaFrance... if those guys were imports and caught the same balls they have this year... we'd be pumping their tires - instead we're wishing for Corey Washington who has done... um... what?

Draw me a picture here, your starting receivers would be

Adams, Thompkins, Demski, Wolitarsky, Peterman and LaFrance?

29 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Who ******* cares when they were here? The point is they aren't here anymore and the replacements haven't stepped up.

Demski replaces JFG. Nik has 33 for 326 and 3 tds which is a 66 reception, 652 yards, 6td pass which is better than what JFG did last year and is better than anything JFG or Kolhert did in Winnipeg.

Ryan Smith played 11 games for Winnipeg and had 53 catches for 488 yards and a td. Thompkins has 11 receptions for 180 yards and no TDs in 3 games. His current pace taken over 11 games would be 40 receptions for 660 yards. Case can be made that he's been more productive than Smith.

Now could we use more depth so we don't have to depend on Lankford or even Dressler given his age and injury status, sure but the guys you mentioned aren't better than the players who replaced them.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Demski replaces JFG. Nik has 33 for 326 and 3 tds which is a 66 reception, 652 yards, 6td pass which is better than what JFG did last year and is better than anything JFG or Kolhert did in Winnipeg.

Ryan Smith played 11 games for Winnipeg and had 53 catches for 488 yards and a td. Thompkins has 11 receptions for 180 yards and no TDs in 3 games. His current pace taken over 11 games would be 40 receptions for 660 yards. Case can be made that he's been more productive than Smith.

Now could we use more depth so we don't have to depend on Lankford or even Dressler given his age and injury status, sure but the guys you mentioned aren't better than the players who replaced them.

I'm fine with our national receivers but they haven't proven anything yet, I would hope they do better than JFG & Kohlert did but those two guys were reliable and that's all we were asking them to be.

It's our international receivers that have been the bust, Adams aside. I don't know how anyone can even argue this point? 

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

So as long as a player is reliably limited, we know that they can't do better, we can be comfortable with that?

This board needs moderation.  Holy hell.

Reliable's fine when you should have 3 internationals seeing the majority of the balls. Stoddard was good enough with Milt, DA and Edwards.

Where is our Milt, DA and Edwards international caliber receivers now? Everyone else has them except us, why is that? 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Who ******* cares when they were here? The point is they aren't here anymore and the replacements haven't stepped up.

We are getting comparable or better production from our Canadian receivers when Kohlert is the bar, and Smith didn't do **** while he was here, Thompkins looks to be just as good. Just because Dressler got hurt and they put Lankford in doesn't mean the receivers are completely useless. That Ottawa game was a Lapo problem much moreso than a talent problem. 

4 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

do they still do the Coaches Show on CJOB on location somewhere, or is this just done in studio??   Definitely want to listen tonight, but would probably head down to wherever it's being done if they still do that!

I do not think that you will hear anything of substance on OB tonight or any other coaches' show. It is 90% commercials with a few cliches and generalities sprinkled in.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We are getting comparable or better production from our Canadian receivers when Kohlert is the bar, and Smith didn't do **** while he was here, Thompkins looks to be just as good. Just because Dressler got hurt and they put Lankford in doesn't mean the receivers are completely useless. That Ottawa game was a Lapo problem much moreso than a talent problem. 

You're right, I was an idiot to every question the talent on the team, of course it's the best we have ever had and will undoubtedly turn out to be the best season ever. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

You're right, I was an idiot to every question the talent on the team, of course it's the best we have ever had and will undoubtedly turn out to be the best season ever. 

I think you are in the minority in your assessment of the talent on the team's receivers. They are not the best group of pass-catchers in the league, but they are not the worst by far, and better than last year's group. If Washington replaced Lankford, we would move up a notch or two. Or even if we just got ride of Lankford and platooned the receiver position.

Why is everyone shitting on the offense?   The defense was the ones who were absolutely putrid.   I can see the complaints about Hall and the soft cushion and shitting on Fogg for getting burned all night long  (he looked winded)  but crap the offense wasn't and hasn't nearly been as bad as the defense in our losses.

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why is everyone shitting on the offense?   The defense was the ones who were absolutely putrid. 

no the offense was the worst part. constant 2 and outs left the defense on the field too often. No TOP, no points, no pressure on the other team it doesn't matter what the D does it's going to be a bad night for them statistically.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Defense took a few terrible penalties after 2nd down stops, and it seemed to open the floodgates. I think they ended up scoring every time we did that.

I believe the stat that Bob Irving quoted on the radio yesterday was 24 points after a drive extending penalty by the Bombers.  Take all those penalties away and Ottawa only scores 20 points.  I know a game wouldn't actually work out that way, but that's a lot of points that we helped them get.  Cleanup the penalties on D and it's a much different game.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why is everyone shitting on the offense?   The defense was the ones who were absolutely putrid.   I can see the complaints about Hall and the soft cushion and shitting on Fogg for getting burned all night long  (he looked winded)  but crap the offense wasn't and hasn't nearly been as bad as the defense in our losses.

The D wasn't good but we have been winning the last few weeks because of our D. Our O has gone cold... 25 points a game scored on Avg since Nichols returned. Not good enough. 

54 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The D wasn't good but we have been winning the last few weeks because of our D. Our O has gone cold... 25 points a game scored on Avg since Nichols returned. Not good enough. 

our D was good against the bottom half teams.  that isn't going to get it done against a good offence!  couple that with the fact they took twice as many penalties on D then they had all season, and you're extending drives for them unnecessarily.  to quote our old buddy Jim Lahey 'it was a perfect storm of sh!t'

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

no the offense was the worst part. constant 2 and outs left the defense on the field too often. No TOP, no points, no pressure on the other team it doesn't matter what the D does it's going to be a bad night for them statistically.

I disagree...  in the first half the defense was on the field all the time because Ottawa was able to march and continually get first downs.    We lost in the first half because the defense was absolutely terrible.    Starting late in the 2nd quarter was when the O started to sputter... but at that point Ottawa had already done the damage.  

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I disagree...  in the first half the defense was on the field all the time because Ottawa was able to march and continually get first downs.    We lost in the first half because the defense was absolutely terrible.    Starting late in the 2nd quarter was when the O started to sputter... but at that point Ottawa had already done the damage.  

actually where the game totally got away from us was on the fumble scored for a TD, right after an Ottawa TD.  It went from being a one score game, to a three score game after that one.  The hole was too deep at that point, and the offence continued to sputter.  Through 3 quarters, Nichols had 156 yds passing and I believe six 2 and outs.

Edited by trueBlue83