The Day Early Game Day Thread BC @ WPG

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

Seeing the big Canadian receivers like Peterman and Woli lining up as tight ends and making big blocks and big catches... good stuff. Harris is steamrolling the already exhausted BC D. Streveler continues to contribute. Adams having a solid night as predicted by posters here. I'm loving this O tonight.

Bowman M.I.A.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bowman M.I.A.

That is still a problem. BC is not that good, but to beat the top teams all Bomber receivers will need to be involved. Not sure why he is not being targeted in the Bomber O.

Defense was solid, but like Montreal, the BC offence is putrid, so it is hard to see if that means anything.

Just now, TheSource said:

That is still a problem. BC is not that good, but to beat the top teams all Bomber receivers will need to be involved. Not sure why he is not being targeted in the Bomber O.

Defense was solid, but like Montreal, the BC offence is putrid, so it is hard to see if that means anything.

Nichols was throwing to his more familiar guys. Makes sense. Needs time to maybe get in sync with Bowman 

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet?   A big win by the Blue and I thought the o-line looked fantastic and the d-line as well had their way all night.  

The only negative I have from watching the game is the onside kick and cheap shot at the very end.  What was the point of Wally calling for the onside kick and the guy who took the cheap shot I would hope gets suspended.  That was as intentional as could be.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet?   A big win by the Blue and I thought the o-line looked fantastic and the d-line as well had their way all night.  

The only negative I have from watching the game is the onside kick and cheap shot at the very end.  What was the point of Wally calling for the onside kick and the guy who took the cheap shot I would hope gets suspended.  That was as intentional as could be.

Its plus 50 with humidity lol. People at the lake or likely dead at IGF. 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nichols was throwing to his more familiar guys. Makes sense. Needs time to maybe get in sync with Bowman 

I hope so.. Good game for the Bombers thought both sides of the ball contributed but am worried about Bowman - if he continues to be a no-show we need someone else to step up.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yes, OLine was excellent against a BC DLine that is supposed to be better this year.

Surprisingly, playing Neufeld continues to be a non-issue.

Last year the sample size was too small, but he is making a case now for belonging on the starting OLine.

16 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I hope so.. Good game for the Bombers thought both sides of the ball contributed but am worried about Bowman - if he continues to be a no-show we need someone else to step up.

He will have a big game or 2 eventually... As long as we win and getting contributions... But.. Nichols only threw for 162 yards so... If he's throwing for 350 400 and Bowman has nothing then I'll start to get a little concerned. 

Edited by Goalie

Loved how the play calling allowed Streveler to get in the game with meaningful and productive reps.  Finally got to see how good the short yardage + hurry up offense can be, without LeFevour screwing it up.

Yeah some pretty classless shots by BC players late in the game.  Wally didn’t even blink an eye.  You can be sure Osh will be in his players ears about discipline and conduct.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

I wasn't happy about the Bowman signing, and he's actually been worse than I expected. For all the talk on this board about Dressler being a luxury, Bowman should be on any potential chopping block long before Dressler. I fully expect Bowman to be one and done in his return here. 

Demski also needs to start going North-South rather than East-West all of the time. He dances around far too much trying to avoid being hit or trying to make a home run play and it costs us yards.

Aside from those two things, we played a great game. It was nice to see our D attacking the ball and making plays. It was even better seeing Matt Nichols back out there. He missed a few throws he would ordinarily make, but it in his season debut you can't complain about much. I'm sure he'll be a lot better against BC next in his second game back, which spells trouble for them. 

5 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Loved how the play calling allowed Streveler to get in the game with meaningful and productive reps.  Finally got to see how good the short yardage + hurry up offense can be, without LeFevour screwing it up.

Yeah some pretty classless shots by BC players late in the game.  Wally didn’t even blink an eye.  You can be sure Osh will be in his players ears about discipline and conduct.

M.O.S. showing progress as a H.C., finally taking out his starters and allowing his backups real game time to improve their play.