The Day Early Game Day Thread BC @ WPG

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bowman M.I.A.

I'm not ready to throw Bowman under the bus. He has been our least productive starting receiver thus far, but do we know for sure that he hasn't opened up room for other receivers to get open? Do we know what his blocking on runs and sweeps has been like? Maybe he is doing what is asked of him.

Now I do admit I would have liked to see more effort on that end zone toss, but I think his production will come. 

26 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I'm not ready to throw Bowman under the bus. He has been our least productive starting receiver thus far, but do we know for sure that he hasn't opened up room for other receivers to get open? Do we know what his blocking on runs and sweeps has been like? Maybe he is doing what is asked of him.

Now I do admit I would have liked to see more effort on that end zone toss, but I think his production will come. 

This is all true; he may be contributing in other ways.

To me, I just don't think he has been targeted that much - in this game I only think they threw the ball his way once in the end zone, and he was open but Nichols overthrew him.

Still think the Bombers need to distribute the ball more evenly. It seemed they were targeting Demski disproportionately and really, he was not gaining all that much.

Didn't see the game. My son got married & I was busy. But I checked the score on my phone as the evening progressed. Amazing the confidence a veteran qb in Nichols brings to the Bombers. Streveler will be so much better with the experience he gained the first 3 games. Hopefully Nichols can go forward & keep playing well. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet?   A big win by the Blue and I thought the o-line looked fantastic and the d-line as well had their way all night.  

The only negative I have from watching the game is the onside kick and cheap shot at the very end.  What was the point of Wally calling for the onside kick and the guy who took the cheap shot I would hope gets suspended.  That was as intentional as could be.

Wally is a complete POS. So are his teams. Always have been. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I doubt there will be a suspension. He was half a second early trying to jar the ball free. Deserved a penalty because of the timing of the hit, but nothing more.

Being the homer that I am i'd disagree. Replay showed to me the BC player had no intention in trying to catch/knock ball out of bounds. His attention from the start was purely on hitting Adams.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
added ball

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Being the homer that I am i'd disagree. Replay showed to me the BC player had no intention in trying to catch/knock ball out of bounds. His attention from the start was purely on hitting Adams.

He didn't have any intention of catching the ball or knocking it out of bounds. It was an attempt to separate the receiver from the ball.

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

He didn't have any intention of catching the ball or knocking it out of bounds. It was an attempt to separate the receiver from the ball.

that's one interpretation. interesting he chose that considering the smarter play is to get the ball yourself not to mention how he hit Adam's to 'separate' him from the ball.

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

that's one interpretation. interesting he chose that considering the smarter play is to get the ball yourself not to mention how he hit Adam's to 'separate' him from the ball.

No way he was getting the ball himself. Adams had position and could see the ball coming. Best assumption is that he's going to catch it so you try to take it away from him. Timing sucked tho.

Looking back, it is interesting to see how different our defensive philosophy was for BC rather than the Hamilton game. It will be interesting to see if its a trend too now with BC right up again.

We brought a ton of pressure consistently against Hamilton and were torched. We relied heavily on a four man DL rush against BC with much better results. Jennings still had time to throw, but struggled much more to find an open receiver. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

What about the other BS that went on late. Tells you all you need to know about Wally and the message he tries to get his team's to send. Contrast that to a class act like O'Shea or Trestman and you'll get the idea.