2018 CFL Draft

Rich

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You're obviously not reading more than the first sentence of  my post then re-stating your stupid idea again.

If you want to be a cheerleader, you might as well pick up the pompoms, put on the short skirt, and learn the dance routines, cuz your current routine has gotten really old.

I read the rest but dismissed it because you don't know what's happening behind the scenes and you don't know what the cap situation is for the Bombers.

But that won't stop you from stating your inane opinions as facts. 

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If you want to be a cheerleader, you might as well pick up the pompoms, put on the short skirt, and learn the dance routines, cuz your current routine has gotten really old.

You have a problem with cheerleaders? 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

I read the rest but dismissed it because you don't know what's happening behind the scenes and you don't know what the cap situation is for the Bombers.

But that won't stop you from stating your inane opinions as facts. 

I never said that I knew anything that was going on behind the scenes. Just cuz you keep pretending that it's true doesn't make it true. One might even call that an inane opinion masquerading as a fact. 

Let's try this another way... You are obviously saying that you do have inside information and that you do know the cap situation, so tell me all about it. 

Yah, I know you never said it, nor do you mean it, but if I keep saying it often enough it will become the truth. 

Edited by TBURGESS

I don't put any stock in a GM saying the team has no money to pay anybody else.  What do you expect him to say?  He cant publicly say the team has lots of room on the SMS and then tell every agent that there are no more cookies in the jar.

He sees an opportunity to support publicly what he says privately and takes it. 

I could see a Bennett..Cibasu..Simonese being there at 12...as well as the 2 o-lineman who signed free agent contracts..Cibasu intrigues me and could be a very useful guy in a Lapo offence. Regardless we are surely to get a guy at 12 who most likely will end up on the roster and at the least contributing on ST's and really the way our roster is at the moment and the guys returning that's really all we can ask for..ther's nobody in this draft class even with the first pick who would be a starter here in Winnipeg..

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I could see a Bennett..Cibasu..Simonese being there at 12...as well as the 2 o-lineman who signed free agent contracts..Cibasu intrigues me and could be a very useful guy in a Lapo offence. Regardless we are surely to get a guy at 12 who most likely will end up on the roster and at the least contributing on ST's and really the way our roster is at the moment and the guys returning that's really all we can ask for..ther's nobody in this draft class even with the first pick who would be a starter here in Winnipeg..

Agree... with 3 young OL on depth/roster (Couture, Spooner & Speller) plus a small possibility of Gray (possibly mid-season) ...I don't see us picking an OL on the 12th overall unless the OL has an eligibility left or those 2 who signed NFL contracts. 

I'm thinking it would be a WR since we need a help on that spot. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Haven't heard much about Cibasu lately ... he kind of fell off and I admit I kind of forgot about him too. I do agree he could do a lot in the style of offence we run. That being said, I've read a lot about him not having much of an eye towards the CFL, so he's also a guy I could see us getting in the mid-20s.

If that's the 411 on him then yeah could see him slipping, but I think he will be hard pressed to land a FA contract in the NFL..to raw and for guy his size..skill-set doesn't really equate to where it should be NFL wise and there are an abundance of that type of guy kicking around down south.

He could be a very good slot guy here tho...and good on teams...another guy who in my mind is a sleeper and could be around for our round 3 pick is Bo Banner...I would be happy with him and he would easily slide into a ST role immediately and could get some change of pace reps on defense a few times a game.

I think it's time that people stop acting like it was just a case of money with Muamba as well. If Muamba was a different personality I bet that Walters would have ponied up the money to sign him, but the combination of money + attitude is enough for me to stay away. Or has no one else followed the type of people that this team wants in the locker room?

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think it's time that people stop acting like it was just a case of money with Muamba as well. If Muamba was a different personality I bet that Walters would have ponied up the money to sign him, but the combination of money + attitude is enough for me to stay away. Or has no one else followed the type of people that this team wants in the locker room?

Obviously Walters isn;t one to disparage people publicly, but he has said that financially it wasn't going to work out, even before they called and kicked the tires. I mean, we did offer him a contract. I think we wanted him, warts and all.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Obviously Walters isn;t one to disparage people publicly, but he has said that financially it wasn't going to work out, even before they called and kicked the tires. I mean, we did offer him a contract. I think we wanted him, warts and all.

But again, it's about the balance. Walters signing Muamba to a reasonable deal and they put up with his prima donna act, but he won't pay top dollar, re-structure their entire teams payroll or cut others to fit him in. 

It's not like Walters didn't know exactly what Muamba was, he's dealt with him and his agent before, yeah he made him an offer but it was a case of "here's the offer if that doesn't work for you then we aren't interested"

Just now, 17to85 said:

But again, it's about the balance. Walters signing Muamba to a reasonable deal and they put up with his prima donna act, but he won't pay top dollar, re-structure their entire teams payroll or cut others to fit him in. 

It's not like Walters didn't know exactly what Muamba was, he's dealt with him and his agent before, yeah he made him an offer but it was a case of "here's the offer if that doesn't work for you then we aren't interested"

True enough.

I don't think players (other than a few here and there giving each other the gears), are generally known to discuss other players publicly. 

What's the upside for a person doing that? Might be teammates somewhere down the line.

Same as coaches, and managers. 

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Haven't heard much about Cibasu lately ... he kind of fell off and I admit I kind of forgot about him too. I do agree he could do a lot in the style of offence we run. That being said, I've read a lot about him not having much of an eye towards the CFL, so he's also a guy I could see us getting in the mid-20s.

Walter and O’Shea have been on record too in the past to say they prefer guys live and breath football. So yeah they might pass if he is not that type of guy.

28 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Has there ever been a story about Muamba not getting along with teammates, or not giving full effort for the team he's with? I'm curious if other players have their feelings hurt as much as the fans do by his agent's negotiation tactics.

bad attitudes manifest themselves in ways other than in the locker room. When a guy demands to be among your highest paid and shows no loyalty to any one or any thing besides his pay cheque that's not the kind of person you build your team around. Those are guys you add in as supplemental pieces but you don't make them core pieces. 

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

bad attitudes manifest themselves in ways other than in the locker room. When a guy demands to be among your highest paid and shows no loyalty to any one or any thing besides his pay cheque that's not the kind of person you build your team around. Those are guys you add in as supplemental pieces but you don't make them core pieces. 

Attitude has a great deal to do with the success of an athlete and that translates itself to the team... Remember when Muamba was with the Als. previously...I can remember shots of him on the Als. bench during a telecast, where he looked like Montreal was the last place he wanted to be... Sulking with a dismal look on his face, sitting at the end of the bench...Wasn't long after that that Popp cut him loose...Is he a guy you want on your team???We tried and were willing to sign him and give him another shot here...We know how that turned out and it's time to turn the page on a player who hasn't stuck with anyone and it probably would've turned out the same with us.

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers use one of their first couple picks on a tight end-H Back type.  Book it.

thats very Bold. Ok ok ill show my self out. Hmm mike miller might be a bit small to fill that role. Idk if we use our top pick for it, but i could see one of our first three going to an hback. David mackie really seems to have Mos guy written all over him. 

I feel like with our 2nd round pick we will still get a very good player with plenty of upside. We have a high chance of an OL falling to us,  though I dont see us wanting a guy unless we can send him back to college for another year or if they will be in the nfl for a year or more. Really hoping we go db or wr. Im sure walters will have another good draft.