2018 CFL Draft

Rich

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wow, swing for the fences!

not too surprising. funny weve talked about him for soo many years on here now we got him haha. the best potential of any one left by a mile so its not too surprising. Not exactly the typical character guy we go for though.

Edited by wbbfan

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

With Guelph's Andrew Pickett still on the board, I believe this pick may have been better utilized to stabilize depth along the offensive line. -hodge. Wow if we are deep any where at NI its OL. 

Doesn't make sense to take the 8th best OL when the 2nd best receiver is still on the board, IMO.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Me too. Could back fire. But he will be surrounded by some of the best professionals, who will hopefully mentor him.

Of every one drafted today, no one has been in the mix to be a high pick for soo many years. Idk how any one can hate coming out of the draft with a 2nd round pick getting you probably the highest upside guy available. Hes a guy we could use on teams potentially. He and wolitarski give us the biggest up side among young NI wrs that weve seen in decades. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hodge is dumb.

You need Canadians that can play all over the roster.  

I want to get a CFL GM so I can do an experiment and never draft an OL.  I bet my team would be great.  All American OL and a bunch of Canadians rotating through 7 spots elsewhere.

8th best OL when we are allready deep at OL with guys here now and futures in the pipe line, or the 2nd best WR with the best upside in a position we could use the help at. Hodge buying into the meme too much. 

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Doesn't make sense to take the 8th best OL when the 2nd best receiver is still on the board, IMO.

haha yep agree 100%.