2018 CFL Draft

Rich

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

not too surprising. funny weve talked about him for soo many years on here now we got him haha. the best potential of any one left by a mile so its not too surprising. Not exactly the typical character guy we go for though.

Mr. Bowman, I'd like you to meet your new student. Like you, at his age...he may have a little growing up to do.

just looked at the comments  on mbb, regarding  simonise performance at the combine. some people were not impressed with him at all. (people were watching the combine and commenting here. )

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Mr. Bowman, I'd like you to meet your new student. Like you, at his age...he may have a little growing up to do.

haha. Good call, very similar guys. 

Our next pick 26th over all is ANOTHER gift from the willy trade ? thats got to be the end of it right? holy molly we got a ton out of that deal. 

Just now, Mark F said:

just looked at the comments  on mbb, regarding  simonise performance at the combine. some people were not impressed with him at all. 

imo he has been half in half out of football the last two years. he was with the sun, but didnt play a lot didnt see a lot of useage when he did. Like marouf last year. I dont expect him to go out and steal a job in TC. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

imo he has been half in half out of football the last two years. he was with the sun, but didnt play a lot didnt see a lot of useage when he did. Like marouf last year. I dont expect him to go out and steal a job in TC. 

If the Bomber staff do not fall at his feet in training camp, he may throw a hissy-fit and bolt.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Simonise will start games for us this year.... maybe not right out of training camp but he'll get there.

if we start two NI wrs I could see him having a shot mid to late in the season. I dont expect to see his best football to date before the first half of the season though. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't know about the character stuff, testing positive, leaving school before that.  All I know is that he'll have to earn any playing time he gets here and that bodes well for us. He's got guys like Harris and Bowman who weren't the brightest bulbs when they were young either to take notes from.

And perhaps thatll be the perfect situation for him. He is gonna be looking up the depth chart at wolitarski for a bit. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

maybe maybe not. he didnt hissy fit after being cut in the nfl so who knows. its all gonna be about how he acts and re acts now that he is finally pro. 

Exactly. Life throws curves at everybody (ok, maybe not at Bill Gates) but how we react to setbacks defines us.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Those 14-15-16 picks are going to have great CFL careers.  Wouldn't have minded seeing any of them in Blue and Gold.

once teams get away from the run on OL the talent ticks back up a notch. I feel like the first teams to break the streak make out best. 

We all know the story with simonise. We all know the worries n negatives. But the talent is real. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Exactly. Life throws curves at everybody (ok, maybe not at Bill Gates) but how we react to setbacks defines us.

best believe bill gates can crush a curve ball from life haha. Break up my monopoly? ill just buy the government ? 

Simonise was likely the BPA. High upside. I like his his size and the fact that he's got a bit of NFL experience. I don't like that he hasn't played a lot of football lately, his drug tests, or his performance at the combine. A swing for the fences in the 2nd round picking a guy that wouldn't exactly be called an O'Shea or Walters kind of player. Will be interesting to see how he makes the conversion to the CFL.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Simonise was likely the BPA. High upside. I like his his size and the fact that he's got a bit of NFL experience. I don't like that he hasn't played a lot of football lately, his drug tests, or his performance at the combine. A swing for the fences in the 2nd round picking a guy that wouldn't exactly be called an O'Shea or Walters kind of player. Will be interesting to see how he makes the conversion to the CFL.

That Simonise faded out of football after failing at the NFL is not a good sign when combined with his seemingly half-hearted performance at the CFL combine.

Let's play AR for the Bombers, I'd say it looks like: Harris, Chungh, Goossen, Neufeld, Couture, Demski, Wolitarsky, Coates, 4 NI WR, Loffler, Jones, Corney, Ekakittie, Miles, Briggs, Lafrance, Miller, Remple, Gauthier and either Morgan or Branning. If that is the case does it not make sense to take the WR they felt was best?