Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Glad we have Bowman with Daniels back to the Stamps.

If we landed Dean and one of White or Purifoy, I'd be doing the dance of joy all the way from Portage and Main to IGF.

Well get your dancing booties on then.....

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I'd love Dean or Reed but it sure sounds like Walters' plan is to roll with the current LB's we have (minus Hurl) and hope one of them turns into a MLB. Im not a fan of finger crossing when better options are available.

I like Ian Wild, but we would’ve been better off using his money on a real MLB. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Interesting... 

Not saying it means anything but i twetted Tank Reed and let him know Winnipeg is home to lots of military and Tanks are always welcome here and he liked it... Means nothing but interesting

In the olden days, a quick anonymous phone call wasn’t as well received. 

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I'd love Dean or Reed but it sure sounds like Walters' plan is to roll with the current LB's we have (minus Hurl) and hope one of them turns into a MLB. Im not a fan of finger crossing when better options are available.

I would like us to bring in a veteran as well but maybe not the highest price guy. Wait a couple days and if there's someone out there still who could help us then go after them.  There's zero doubt in my mind that Santos-Knox would be a significant upgrade over Sam Hurl though.  He's got a year under his belt and he's a natural middle linebacker. I would sooner spend on defensive backs and canadians. 

10 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I like Ian Wild, but we would’ve been better off using his money on a real MLB. 

Agreed. Leggett at strong side, Santos-Knox at weak side, and use Wild money to land Dean or Reed for your MLB. That would be amazing. Bringing the often injured Wild back is a mistake IMO. Even when he's been healthy he hasnt been a difference maker.

35 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I still think there is room for JSK, Wild and a free agent like Larry "James" Dean or Bear "James" Woods.  I seem to recall people saying Wild signed a very reasonable contract because he wanted to stay in Winnipeg.

I do, too... People seem to think we only have money for Wild OR a new MACK backer... I think we can have both.