Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It sincerely worries me that we can't. I really feel like people massively underrate how automatic Fever was last year. I know it's a little thing, but seriously, the guy was damn good... 

Sounded like Durant had basically been told he'd be doing it.  I'd be interested in a guy like Fajardo both as a developmental guy for #3 and because of his ability to run short-yardage/option package.

11 minutes ago, tracker said:

LeFevour was good at that and only that.  Shouldn't be all that difficult to replace him, and if the Bomber braintrust cannot, it is a massive indictment of their competence.

LeFevour ran an option package that was used several times a game last season that was pretty important to the offense.  You really want to push indictments, don't you?

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sounded like Durant had basically been told he'd be doing it.  I'd be interested in a guy like Fajardo both as a developmental guy for #3 and because of his ability to run short-yardage/option package.

LeFevour ran an option package that was used several times a game last season that was pretty important to the offense.  You really want to push indictments, don't you?

Everyone needs a hobby.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It sincerely worries me that we can't. I really feel like people massively underrate how automatic Fever was last year. I know it's a little thing, but seriously, the guy was damn good... 

I loved how LeFevour ran 3rd down gambles last year, in that he wasn't just plunging he was looking for holes to exploit and he always found them.  Durant used to be able to do that but I haven't seen much of it in the last 3-4 years.  Eliminate Bond from the equation and 3rd down gambles may actually become "3rd down gambles".

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I loved how LeFevour ran 3rd down gambles last year, in that he wasn't just plunging he was looking for holes to exploit and he always found them.  Durant used to be able to do that but I haven't seen much of it in the last 3-4 years.  Eliminate Bond from the equation and 3rd down gambles may actually become "3rd down gambles".

LeFevour was great in short yardage. Automatic or at least it seemed that way. 

It was the following play, on first down, when they left him out there, when they didn't seem to move the ball. That left Nicholls with second and long. 

13 hours ago, JCon said:

LeFevour was great in short yardage. Automatic or at least it seemed that way. 

It was the following play, on first down, when they left him out there, when they didn't seem to move the ball. That left Nicholls with second and long. 

I really liked the concept.  You go "JUMBO" for the 3rd down play and the defence does the same, then you go no huddle, and catch them with their big guys on the field and you stretch the field either by going option or going deep.   If the defence doesn't beef up, it makes your 3rd down play a higher percentage play.   If they do, you may be able to catch them ill prepared on the following play.

You are correct though, that the execution wasn't as successful as we  would have hoped.    I still like the concept though.  

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

and with Durant pretty sure we are going to see it more and be very successful...to the point where we could see Durant in for 3..4..5..plays in a row or until a team takes a timeout...there is a stoppage in play or they pull a phantom injury ala the Riders

I agree.   The other advantage is that is does give your #2 or  #3 QB some snaps and playing time which is always good should they be required to step up at a later time, plus it gives your #1 a bit of a break.