Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

9 hours ago, Booch said:

darvin Adams was a huge meh by most...as well as a who???

we all know how that worked out...tho I think  the same as I did when we grabbed Adams that was diamond in the rough...put him as a dedicated member of your top three and I bet he shines.

He's the type of guy whom if you get involved and keep involved will produce...real good on jump balls and has a big catch radius...stuck on the Raidrs active roster for 12 games one year so must have some skill...he was just buried in Ottawa so didn't get a lot of reps

So we love criner for a big playoff performance but lafrance is overrated because he just had one big playoff game...

ok cool

well me too obviously...but with economics and needs...paying top dollar for a mlb and db which is more of a need puts us most likely in the value pick of available import receivers...unless we have more available funds than we think...then get the top in all 3 positions

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

well me too obviously...but with economics and needs...paying top dollar for a mlb and db which is more of a need puts us most likely in the value pick of available import receivers...unless we have more available funds than we think...then get the top in all 3 positions

I think with Bowman getting signed, the focus is now on MLB. Unless Daniels or Criner can come cheap, which I'm not sure I see happening.

25 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Obviously we need a top3 receiver in the system. We dont have a pending freeagent who is better than Bowman.

No doubt. We get a massive upgrade over Denmark for relatively the same price tag. This is a big offseason coup for Walters.  There was zero doubt we needed to upgrade at receiver. We did so...in a big way...and it won't eat into our SMS room at all.  If we don't re-sign Westerman or Heath it sure as heck isn't because we gave Bowman 140k....we were paying that to our 3rd IMP receiver no matter what.

@TSNDaveNaylor
Hearing the @MTLAlouettes have given @kyhebert permission to talk to other teams about a new deal, possible trade. Hebert one year left on deal with Mtl but doesn't look as though he'll be playing on his existing contract for Mtl in 2018. #CFL #Als

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think between Dressler and Bowman we've filled our quota of older veteran guys. 

Yep, hopefully they make a good run this year and have replacements lined up when they're done.  I'd like to see at least two new receivers emerge from T.C. that will be ready to step into key roles for next year.

36 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yep, hopefully they make a good run this year and have replacements lined up when they're done.  I'd like to see at least two new receivers emerge from T.C. that will be ready to step into key roles for next year.

I'd like to land Daniels. And let Washington/Lankford/Givens fight it out at TC.