3 stars + HH red black and blues

wbbfan

congrats to the Big Blue, they truly put on a show in terrible conditions last night. To me what they showed was a determination that frankly I haven't seen in some time although with that said they seem to be a determine bunch this year. I thought the defense played well however I will caution that by saying Ottawa's QB was not stellar by any means....many missed receivers, poor passing etc but notwithstanding they did hold them to 266 yards, their best effort to date. I liked the special team coverages and the offense save for one sequence where we put in our run QB to get a first down and then tried a hurry up offense with him on the field and throwing a long pass. My question was why have him try that in light of the weather and the cold....he has to warm up in those conditions and it showed. Other than that I thought they did a good job.

So here we are in second place and doing well. I will retract some statements from earlier in the season where I questioned MOS and LaPo.... I still do on occasion but not as much as before. This team has a legitimate chance to host a play off game however to advance they will need to shore up the defense. If they do this who know what will happen.

I will simply say it is nice to watch entertaining football once again but keep asking myself why is it I am on pins and needles with 8 mins to go in the 4th quarter when we have such a lead as last night? Congrats again.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

I'm not sure why that is ruled a pick.  It was a fumble.  The ball came out before his hand went forward.

If it hits the ground they would rule the ball live, not dead as an incompletion.  So it's a fumble, not an interception.

Weird play though.  Kinda like Jones blocking the punt before it was kicked.

they've rescinded the call of INT....as per the league, late last night. It will not go against Nichols.

I was not cool with the hit Harris took after he was in the end zone...Unnecessary  and the refs. should call those...Can't argue with the three pics but have to honourable mention Leggett...That pic off Ellingson that killed their drive after their short kickoff was a beauty...Leggett has a nose for the ball and great anticipation...Hard not to look at him as one of the top three BUT  Harris,Matt and  Adams are very deserving...This team is coming together very nicely

1 hour ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

congrats to the Big Blue, they truly put on a show in terrible conditions last night. To me what they showed was a determination that frankly I haven't seen in some time although with that said they seem to be a determine bunch this year. I thought the defense played well however I will caution that by saying Ottawa's QB was not stellar by any means....many missed receivers, poor passing etc but notwithstanding they did hold them to 266 yards, their best effort to date. I liked the special team coverages and the offense save for one sequence where we put in our run QB to get a first down and then tried a hurry up offense with him on the field and throwing a long pass. My question was why have him try that in light of the weather and the cold....he has to warm up in those conditions and it showed. Other than that I thought they did a good job.

So here we are in second place and doing well. I will retract some statements from earlier in the season where I questioned MOS and LaPo.... I still do on occasion but not as much as before. This team has a legitimate chance to host a play off game however to advance they will need to shore up the defense. If they do this who know what will happen.

I will simply say it is nice to watch entertaining football once again but keep asking myself why is it I am on pins and needles with 8 mins to go in the 4th quarter when we have such a lead as last night? Congrats again.

Because you're worried about breaking a hip jumping on and off the bandwagon?

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

It's too bad Darvin Adams sucks, or the year he is having would be really impressive so far.

really seeing how much our receiving corp suffered last year after he went down.  We might have gotten further in the playoffs last year with him in the line up.

6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Umbrellas at football games are questionable in my opinion. I mean do you want to sit behind someone with an umbrella? 

Happened to be behind someone once at CanadInns Stadium who thought it was a good idea to bring an umbrella to the game .. by the end, I was not a happy camper.

nah I'm not afraid of breaking a hip....never was off the bandwagon just much more objective than you are. In this instance pleasantly surprised at the outcome to date. Hopefully it will continue. And why is it that you have to continually throw insults every time someone disagrees with you or doesn't do things the way you think they should. Just wondering....makes me think of the spoiled kids in school who would take their ball home with them when they couldn't be the star. Too bad

2 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

nah I'm not afraid of breaking a hip....never was off the bandwagon just much more objective than you are

Talking about giving up season tickets sounds like hopping off the bandwagon to me. And call it being objective all you like but it doesn't make it true. You were dead wrong and can't accept that so you are trying to pretend that your opinion was valid even though we now see it was dead wrong. The internet has a long memory and you will always be THAT guy. 

2 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

nah I'm not afraid of breaking a hip....never was off the bandwagon just much more objective than you are. In this instance pleasantly surprised at the outcome to date. Hopefully it will continue. And why is it that you have to continually throw insults every time someone disagrees with you or doesn't do things the way you think they should. Just wondering....makes me think of the spoiled kids in school who would take their ball home with them when they couldn't be the star. Too bad

speaking as a Bomber fan living far far away, there is nothing on earth that would prevent me from being a season ticket holder for the Blue and Gold if I actually lived within driving distance of IGF.  Nothing.  You just don't appreciate what you have.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Talking about giving up season tickets sounds like hopping off the bandwagon to me. And call it being objective all you like but it doesn't make it true. You were dead wrong and can't accept that so you are trying to pretend that your opinion was valid even though we now see it was dead wrong. The internet has a long memory and you will always be THAT guy. 

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

speaking as a Bomber fan living far far away, there is nothing on earth that would prevent me from being a season ticket holder for the Blue and Gold if I actually lived within driving distance of IGF.  Nothing.  You just don't appreciate what you have.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And he had some losing seasons when he first came to this mess of a team! How DARE he!

I think that you guys are not being objective enough.  The correct amount of objectivity (it would seem) is to always have serious doubts about the Bombers .  You should then post these doubts in a Bomber fan forum and then become indignant when someone calls you on it.  That is, it seems, how its supposed to work around here.  Get with the program and start being objective! 

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I couldn't have written this any better myself......100% my sentiments.

I guess in order to be a "true Bomber fan" on this forum one needs to have season tickets to the game. Not sure that is valid. Yes I lived 4km from IGF however when almost all of the games were played I was a 1 1/2 hour drive away. Couple that with having to take a shuttle from St Norbert and the product and management that was presented to the fans, why would I waste 3 hours of travel not to mention another 20 mins each way to and from the game even when it was a blow out, which was often, and not be able to leave at a respectful hour in order to get back to the lake! Did the money play a part, partially but it wasn't the driving force that led me to give up my season tickets. And for what is worth, you are right I will always be THAT

guy who has been and will continue to be a bomber fan since 1953!!! Half of you I would suggest weren't even born then or a twinkle in your mom's eyes! I guess there is a new definition to a true fan, don't criticize, don't question, just shut up go with the flow and live the dream. Sorry haven't been that person all my life and never will. Still a Bomber fan much to your chagrin.

30 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I guess in order to be a "true Bomber fan" on this forum one needs to have season tickets to the game. Not sure that is valid. Yes I lived 4km from IGF however when almost all of the games were played I was a 1 1/2 hour drive away. Couple that with having to take a shuttle from St Norbert and the product and management that was presented to the fans, why would I waste 3 hours of travel not to mention another 20 mins each way to and from the game even when it was a blow out, which was often, and not be able to leave at a respectful hour in order to get back to the lake! Did the money play a part, partially but it wasn't the driving force that led me to give up my season tickets. And for what is worth, you are right I will always be THAT

Timmy weeps for you.

7507001608_f13f31e977_b.jpg

33 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

It took you 1 hour and half living 4km away from stadium. It takes me less than hour and I live in Steinbach.