Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

On 27/09/2017 at 4:33 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm wondering if management, coaches and/or players have tried  to entice him to come back with the latest development of injury or has that shipped sailed once he asked for his release?

If they're smart they will. He played very well for us and should never have been left on the PR.

11 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Toth asked Tait on 1290 this AM, whether Thorpe had contacted the team about a return. Ed's response - "If he did call, I'm sure it was to Walters and not Osh". They both agreed that coach would not be quick to welcome Thorpe back.

Oh well, we've known for some time now that the very best players don't necessarily get to play on this team. Some people just don't get along. O'Shea and Thorpe may be two. Like Harris and Buono. You win some, you lose some. Next.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Gotta wonder what's up. He leaves the Blue apparently due to not enough playing time, and ends up on the Riders who have a stronger Rec group. I don't see how he cracks that lineup without injuries.

He's been unemployed for a month. The PR spot in Regina was probably his only option.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

But he was too good for the practice roster here, so this would seem to confirm that there was other stuff happening then.

Or he's realized that opportunities are not as abundant as he thought and he's had to humble himself. Which if he'd done in the first place would have worked out better. That's the way it goes though. Sometimes guys have to make that mistake to learn about life.