3 stars + HH BC edition.

wbbfan

1 Harris. was runnin with juice early when our whole offense was in the rutt we call the first quarter. 6-29 rushing 12-85 receiving. 

2 Jeffcoat. Had a ton of pressures on lulay tnite. 

3 Thorpe. Maybe too high but i really liked what i saw from him as a WR. Can really see what the bombers saw in him in camp. Hope he comes to replace lankford.

HH Was gonna go with the hit on ianuzzi. But the normand play where nichols was sacked, fumbled, normand came in scooped it up and ran for a first down was incredible. 

Over all a tough week to give spots out. A lot of really good half a football games worth of performances. (again)

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Can we give a WTF and GOAT to MOS for calling that pass on third down by Medlock deep in our own end?

I am all in favor of that. The end game clock management had me pulling my hair out too. They acted like we were up by 7. 

1. Darvin Adams - was a beast

2. Special teams - Played well, they had that one terrible fake punt call, but that's a coaching issue not really on the players.

3. Medlock - Hope he doesn't get blamed too much for that miss, I think we've been spoiled by his consistency, and his punts were good. Plus the trick play (the converted one) was all on him.

HH - Harris - When he was used, he was effective. Unfortunately that was never.

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

We have the worst coaching staff in the league, I wouldn't even hear a contention on that. From our coach to the coordinators... jesus christ.

Lol. We put up 42 points. The killer instinct is lacking but our QB gave BC the winning FG. 

Goat of the game shared by MOS for his stupid call on 3rd down and LaPolice for idiotic play calling in the 4th quarter. When will he ever learn that the dink and dunk does not work especially when the other team in trying to hold you. We also cannot play defense in our secondary at all! They won't throw to Randle's side but Carmichael even though he had a pick is terrible in fact that whole side is. We can't cover one on one and our zone isn't much better.

8 minutes ago, White Out said:

I don't understand. I think our coaching is terrible, and your retort seems to be we scored 42 points. Ok? We gave up 45. 

What now? lol.

BC is a good team. Came down to a fg. If medlock makes his we are in OT. It was a good game between 2 evenly matched teams. We were also missing several big time playmakers tonight in wild leggett and even johnson and Fogg. 

gee wiz other teams start rookies in their line up and they don't choke in the 4th quarter. We don't have the depth of other teams I agree but its the play calling that sends our offense off the field when we should be trying to keep it on the field. As I said 3 - 5 yard passes ain't going to do it sorry.

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Can we give a WTF and GOAT to MOS for calling that pass on third down by Medlock deep in our own end?

Gawd, that was such a dumb play.  Very Chris Jones like actually in that it was such a nonsensical play  deep in their own end.  I am losing faith in O'Shea becoming a good coach.

Just now, blueandgoldguy said:

Gawd, that was such a dumb play.  Very Chris Jones like actually in that it was such a nonsensical play  deep in their own end.  I am losing faith in O'Shea becoming a good coach.

Looked like Medlock went rogue or got the wrong signals. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

BC lost 2 starting DB's before the end of the first half. They were forced to play Bucknor and move most of the remaining DB's to unfamiliar spots. We took advantage of them in the 3rd quarter, but couldn't in the 4th for some reason. 

One was a starter who came back.  The other was his backup who separated his shoulder.

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Looked like Medlock went rogue or got the wrong signals. 

If this was the case, then maybe Medlock was trying to do too much tonight to redeem himself for the playoff loss last year. O'Shea took the heat for it though. Whether Medlock actually went rogue or the coaching staff called a fake on 3rd and 15, I guess we'll never know.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

If this was the case, then maybe Medlock was trying to do too much tonight to redeem himself for the playoff loss last year. O'Shea took the heat for it though. Whether Medlock actually went rogue or the coaching staff called a fake on 3rd and 15, I guess we'll never know.

Think they probably both saw something BC was doing leaving the middle of the field open plus took the shot thinking the D was spent and the O was not moving the ball (no first downs and 2 turnovers in 6 possessions after the 2 TDs to start the half).  O'Shea didn't give much detail but said Medlock had the green light if he saw the key they were looking for.  Does that mean something from film study they had on for the whole game?  Or on the sideline tonight?  Or that punt specifically?