EDMONTON ESKIMOS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Every team except Hamilton, I'd say.  You might steal a win from Montreal, Ottawa or the Bombers but probably end up around 5-13 again this year.

Montreal and Winnipeg actually stole a win from us, so what does that say about you?

40 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Montreal and Winnipeg actually stole a win from us, so what does that say about you?

Mr. Dogface, the standings don't actually mention anything about your being victims. So, in the face of facts your opinionating? 

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Austin the coach may be doing a credible job, but Austin the GM has not. It is going to be a long season for the Tabbies.

Austin refuses to run the ball. I think its a big reason why Collaros is running for his life.

10 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Mr. Dogface, the standings don't actually mention anything about your being victims. So, in the face of facts your opinionating? 

I don't view us as victims. We lost fair and square, but lets not pretend either the Bombers or Montreal dominated us in any way. You think you have a good team and we suck, but the stats simply don't show that. When we get pounded by someone I will change my opinion but we have been in every game we have played so far.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

If anything, your team choked away four points. And two at home to open their new home, no less. To a team coming off a week 1 bye.

Doesn't it get hard constantly deflecting...?

hes got a light saber, uses the dark side skills to knock em away me thinks.

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If anything, your team choked away four points. And two at home to open their new home, no less. To a team coming off a week 1 bye.

Doesn't it get hard constantly deflecting...?

I'm not happy with where we are at. Haven't been happy with Jones at all. Our team is much improved talent wise and will not be a free spot on the bingo card this year for anyone. If you want to tell yourselves that your week one bye is the reason you were close with us then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm not happy with where we are at. Haven't been happy with Jones at all. Our team is much improved talent wise and will not be a free spot on the bingo card this year for anyone. If you want to tell yourselves that your week one bye is the reason you were close with us then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better

I think parity is definitely high this season.  But there are two teams that are clearly at the bottom of the pack and that's the Riders and the Ticats.  They're still close enough to win some games but it's pretty clear those two teams will be on the outside looking in, come November.

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Hey, I'm not the one over-valuing my team. So, spare me the passive aggressive nonsense.

And regarding the bye week reasoning, that was the first time the week 1 bye team won its opening game since a 9th franchise was added in 2014. Considering that and the fact the Bombers were playing in hostile territory against a team with a game already under its belt, I'll gladly take that close victory. Division opponent, bitter rival, on the road. Two points are two points.

I have no idea how anyone could be happy with a 1-2 record, not to mention that putrid .286 win percentage since Jones took the helm. Or how the guy operates. He can't even lose with class.

Edited by blue_gold_84

40 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I don't view us as victims. We lost fair and square, but lets not pretend either the Bombers or Montreal dominated us in any way. You think you have a good team and we suck, but the stats simply don't show that. When we get pounded by someone I will change my opinion but we have been in every game we have played so far.

And you have just over 30 hours to keep thinking that way...

Very few teams get blown out week in and week out, the difference between the good teams and the bad teams is that the bad teams fail to make the important plays to win and the good teams find a way to win. 

That's what makes the Riders a bad team, they don't make the plays to win, and with Kevin Glenn as the starting qb I wouldn't hold my breath for that to change because his entire career has been defined by needing the D or special teams to make the plays to win, which isn't enough in the CFL. 

There were some terrible Bomber teams that we always held out hope "well we were close! it'll get better!" it never did. 

Just now, SPuDS said:

true definition of a Warrior.  never seen a guy take so much punishment and still get up and answer the call... must be one of the toughest QBs ive ever witnessed.

fine line between tough and stupid

14 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hey, I'm not the one over-valuing my team. So, spare me the passive aggressive nonsense.

And regarding the bye week reasoning, that was the first time the week 1 bye team won its opening game since a 9th franchise was added in 2014. Considering that and the fact the Bombers were playing in hostile territory against a team with a game already under its belt, I'll gladly take that close victory. Division opponent, bitter rival, on the road. Two points are two points.

I have no idea how anyone could be happy with a 1-2 record, not to mention that putrid .286 win percentage since Jones took the helm. Or how the guy operates. He can't even lose with class.

excellent response.  couldn't agree more.   playing at a brand new stadium, rabid fans thirsty for a win, without any game before hand to break the opening day jitters and still getting a W shouldn't be trivialized.  we did something no other team has (regardless of the why with the bye week) in a very hostile environment.  sad that a rival fan can't see that but I guess I'd ignore those reasons to try and help me feel better about the loss too.