EDMONTON ESKIMOS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

Mr Dee

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Are you saying Buck Pierce was/played stupid?

I almost want to think this is just a feed the trolls scenario because I cannot fathom how anyone who is fan of the CFL would consider how Buck played to be stupid.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Are you saying Buck Pierce was/played stupid?

I really liked Buck Pierce. I think that once you have had multiple injuries you are not very smart to continue to not protect yourself on the field.  Reilly is going to get hurt, his tough guy thing won't last long

Just now, Ripper said:

I really liked Buck Pierce. I think that once you have had multiple injuries you are not very smart to continue to not protect yourself on the field.  Reilly is going to get hurt, his tough guy thing won't last long

How was he to "protect himself" exactly?  quit playing the game he loved?  He didn't run headlong into huge D-linemen or beg for contact. 

smh, nope. not going to engage on this one.  

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I'm not happy with where we are at. Haven't been happy with Jones at all. Our team is much improved talent wise and will not be a free spot on the bingo card this year for anyone. If you want to tell yourselves that your week one bye is the reason you were close with us then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better

Glenn has played as well as can be expected so far this year and has been fairly elusive avoiding sacks, but it only takes one beat down game like Reilly experienced last night to bring reality back into focus.  Glenn will lose the false bravado shortly and the meek and mild QB that lies at his core will re-emerge, throwing balls up for grabs and turtling in a desperate attempt to avoid being hit.  He will be hit and he will be injured sooner or later and when that happens Jones will be relying on Bridge to save his hide.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Glenn has played as well as can be expected so far this year and has been fairly elusive avoiding sacks, but it only takes one beat down game like Reilly experienced last night to bring reality back into focus.  Glenn will lose the false bravado shortly and the meek and mild QB that lies at his core will re-emerge, throwing balls up for grabs and turtling in a desperate attempt to avoid being hit.  He will be hit and he will be injured sooner or later and when that happens Jones will be relying on Bridge to save his hide.

but if you listen to most of the priders, Bridge should be starting anyway.. hes the next in line to be the saviour, even though he hasn't proven himself anywhere as of yet.   all hes done is shown glimpses of potential in between many instances of poor play..

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's already done that on a number of occasions this season. All in all, Glenn has played quite well but it's his inability in recent years to sustain that level of play through 18 games that really detracts from his value. And as opposing defenses continue to adjust based on what they see, it'll make that sustainability even more challenging.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's already done that on a number of occasions this season. All in all, Glenn has played quite well but it's his inability in recent years to sustain that level of play through 18 games that really detracts from his value. And as opposing defenses continue to adjust based on what they see, it'll make that sustainability even more challenging.

So looking forward to L.D. this D-line will not let him escape the pocket the next time.

4 hours ago, SPuDS said:

thats a pretty dumb statement.   The guy is far from stupid.

That's pretty interpretable. I have known lots of smart people who were so compulsed that they could not stop doing what was obvious (to all around them) that it was harming them. Ego works a lot like that, and I watched several games where it was very clear that Buck was nowhere close to 100% but the backups were just terrible, so out he went again and again. Buck is incredibly fortunate that his head is not as scrambled as a certain ex-QB from Louisiana.