3 stars and HH week 2

wbbfan

The 2nd half of this game makes me feel gross. Really hard to pick some of these.

1 TJ Heath. 2 Picks some good coverage though its some what amplified with how much BLM picked on roc.

2 harris struggled with running again. 10 carries for 32 yards but 8 catches for 69 yards catching the ball. His runs after the catch on those short plays gave us life.

3 Drake nevis He and poop really stuff up the middle on messam and did a great job collapsing the pocket on BLM till the game was lost. 

HH Dressler, 6-76 went over 9k for his career. 

Lapo was back to his playcalling from 2011...  predictable runs up the middle and slow developing passing plays that require YAC.

Roc Carmichael has to be cut after this game, what more can he do to play himself off the team.

Hurl is exactly the player we all knew he was...  Labbe 2.0 - know what to do but he's always just a step or two behind...

Not sure why everyone is so disappointed. We lost to a superior team, we won last week over an inferior team that frankly the scores form both games indicate what type of team we have. Agree Carmichael can't play in this league Hurl was exposed for what he is and why he lost his job last year and our coaching staff again gets out coached. When folks stop listening to the garbage MOS delivers weekbinnand week out and take off their rose coloured glasses then you will see the true blue bombers; some quality players being coached by inept coaches. I figure we hopefully will still get 11 wins but that's the limit.

Ya. Bombers tend to crap the bed when big crowds show up.. Its not that they lost thats troubling in my opinion... Its how they played that was. 

From the opening clock killing drive ending in an INTERCEPTION to soft D zone coverage to dumb penalties( Roc) to brutal O play calling.. It was truly a mess. 

7 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Heath

Nevis

The new bus terminal - I wasn't at the game but I hear it's making quite a difference getting into and out of the game.

Not a fan at all with the park and ride anymore after tonight.  The school buses are soooo f'n tight I'm pretty sure I had to lift my nuts just to squeeze into the seats. For someone with bad knees it's painful.  We parked near the perimeter and St. Annes so last year th bus would take us via the perimeter which makes all the sense in the world. Tonight they took us all the way down st. annes then bishop then all the way back down pembina.

The new area looks cooler with the pedestrian over pass but imo Chancellor was just as quick. The only difference is avoiding all the people walking to pembina

The most frustrating thing about that game was that they squandered the crowd advantage and the momentum they gained through the first half.  I was very impressed with the resilience they showed in the first half, they faced adversity but they moved the ball reasonably well caught the momentum and looked like they would dominate the rest of the game.  They showed up in the second half just long enough to fold their tents, wave to the crowd and turn out the lights.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The most frustrating thing about that game was that they squandered the crowd advantage and the momentum they gained through the first half.  I was very impressed with the resilience they showed in the first half, they faced adversity but they moved the ball reasonably well caught the momentum and looked like they would dominate the rest of the game.  They showed up in the second half just long enough to fold their tents, wave to the crowd and turn out the lights.

yeah if they played a whole game like they did that first half we could beat any one. They have to figure out how to get a full game out of this team. Not the first and 2nd quarter. Not the 2nd and 3rd. etc

57 minutes ago, do or die said:

Was sitting on a post-game bus.....with a bunch of people dressed in Blue, singing "We are the Champions"

Though I had drunk enough.....mebbe not

sounds like you guys deserve the HH more then any one on the field tnite. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

yeah if they played a whole game like they did that first half we could beat any one. They have to figure out how to get a full game out of this team. Not the first and 2nd quarter. Not the 2nd and 3rd. etc

The team that showed up in the first half was the same team that dominated the first half of the West semi.  The team that showed up in the second half was the same as the team that blew the West semi.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The team that showed up in the first half was the same team that dominated the first half of the West semi.  The team that showed up in the second half was the same as the team that blew the West semi.

QFT

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

somebody in chat said, there haven't been many games where the Moss team played well for an entire game. Even last week's game, where they went into a shell and let sask back into a game .

yesterday, Moss, with no time outs at end of half reverting to pre win streak decision making style?

As somebody else  pointed out, this seems pretty much like a Drew Willy  game from last season. Even down to the Adams drop of a pass right to hiim. Adams puzzles me.

back to defence fights and plays well, and finally collapses cause O does next to nothing.

Bomber Home field still not a place other teams need to worry about.

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Not sure why everyone is so disappointed.

We lost to a superior team, we won last week over an inferior team that frankly the scores form both games indicate what type of team we have. Agree Carmichael can't play in this league Hurl was exposed for what he is and why he lost his job last year and our coaching staff again gets out coached. When folks stop listening to the garbage MOS delivers weekbinnand week out and take off their rose coloured glasses then you will see the true blue bombers; some quality players being coached by inept coaches. I figure we hopefully will still get 11 wins but that's the limit.

I think you cover some of the main reasons right there.

Then you can add some others, like an offence that completely disappeared in the second half.  A defence that turned to Jello.   A returned that somehow doesn't know how to protect the ball when he knows he's going to get hit.  A DB that lines up offside on a key play and nullifies one of the best goal line stands I've seen in my 40  years of watching football. 

Frustrated that MOS has to use a challenge on an obvious penalty and the refs completely missed.   

Anyway, a game that was there for the taking if not for mistakes and the disappearance of the offence in the second half.