Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

8 hours ago, Kluchk said:

This is exactly what I don't understand. I get this is a Bombers forum and all, and every fan base likes to bash one another. But the Bombers showed a small glimpse of hope last year. Their record was mediocre at best. Its been so long since the Bombers fan base has won a Grey Cup that you fans believe you have the best team in the west. But in reality all it takes is for Matt N to go down and the Bombers are a bottom feeder team.

Every year the discussion is up for debate on who is the worst team in the league is and frankly I don't think it's the Bombers or the Riders. I've attended alot of the riders training camps this year and theee are alot of puzzle pieces that were found this year. It's a much better Riders team than last season, much better. I know Glenn is old but he still looks better than Durant. I think that Bennett could be an exciting kid to watch. Im shocked the Bombers didnt even consider him at 3. I'm sure the Bombers have also gotten better this year.

Neither one of these things are true.

8 hours ago, Kluchk said:

This is exactly what I don't understand. I get this is a Bombers forum and all, and every fan base likes to bash one another. But the Bombers showed a small glimpse of hope last year. Their record was mediocre at best. Its been so long since the Bombers fan base has won a Grey Cup that you fans believe you have the best team in the west. But in reality all it takes is for Matt N to go down and the Bombers are a bottom feeder team.

Every year the discussion is up for debate on who is the worst team in the league is and frankly I don't think it's the Bombers or the Riders. I've attended alot of the riders training camps this year and theee are alot of puzzle pieces that were found this year. It's a much better Riders team than last season, much better. I know Glenn is old but he still looks better than Durant. I think that Bennett could be an exciting kid to watch. Im shocked the Bombers didnt even consider him at 3. I'm sure the Bombers have also gotten better this year.

Another #bummyprimate joins the bomber discussion and talks about...you guessed it. 

11 hours ago, Kluchk said:

A small glimpse of hope...? 11-7 is a "mediocre" record...? Who here has said the Bombers are the best team in the west? :lol:

The reality is the same for pretty much every team in the CFL: lose your starting QB and your chances of being successful decrease dramatically. I'll refrain from taking childish digs at your precious team, because then I'd be no better than you.

You keep using your training camp to justify your homer bias. To suggest the Riders are better than last season despite having not even played a single game yet is hilarious. And then you follow it up by saying Glenn looks better than Durant. Comical.

FTR: the Riders were the worst team in the CFL last year. And the year before. There is no debate on that.

13 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Because the Bombers prior to last season haven't suffered...? Last season was the Bombers first season over .500 in five years. At least the Riders have won a championship in that time.

What does that have to do with the Riders? I'm well aware of our problems.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey I'll bet Glenn looks great in training camp, no fear of getting hit in camp, but once people start getting some licks on him he'll do his usual KG5 panic move. 

Everyone knows exactly what you'll get with Glenn....I'm more curious what Bennett looks like with the lights on...

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey I'll bet Glenn looks great in training camp, no fear of getting hit in camp, but once people start getting some licks on him he'll do his usual KG5 panic move. 

yup already can't wait for July 1st to watch Glenn crumple and turn into a dish-rag as he is steam-rolled by Nevis a few times, and then turned into sandwich meat by Ogopogo and Westerman coming around both ends.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Everyone knows exactly what you'll get with Glenn....I'm more curious what Bennett looks like with the lights on...

Who cares about Bennett now???  I want to see if Davis and Apodaca can take the next step up the ladder.  The concept of QB progression in Wpg. has been lost in the wilderness for so many years now, I want to see if it still exists....kind of like Bigfoot.  Hopefully Nichols is deadly this year and O'Shea can relax enough to give Davis some serious show-time.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Who cares about Bennett now???  I want to see if Davis and Apodaca can take the next step up the ladder.  The concept of QB progression in Wpg. has been lost in the wilderness for so many years now, I want to see if it still exists....kind of like Bigfoot.  Hopefully Nichols is deadly this year and O'Shea can relax enough to give Davis some serious show-time.

Bigfoot and Ogopogo in consecutive posts!! Something cryptobiloigical is going on here. Let me guess the Riders signed the chupocabra.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It'd be nice to see the team take the next and find ways to give the backups time to play in live games. We haven't seen the Bombers be on the good end of garbage time in ages.

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yup already can't wait for July 1st to watch Glenn crumple and turn into a dish-rag as he is steam-rolled by Nevis a few times, and then turned into sandwich meat by Ogopogo and Westerman coming around both ends.

Check out this cfl article about the league's most dangerous pass rushers:

The usual suspects are present when we talk about the CFL’s most dangerous pass rushers. Charleston Hughes and John Bowman are the CFL’s active career sack-leaders and moving up the charts fast following successful 2016 campaigns, while John Chick and Jamaal Westerman are sure to be in the discussion.

But this off-season, when CFL.ca polled some of the league’s top stars on the topic, new names have emerged. Shawn Lemon, Willie Jefferson and Gabriel Knapton earned plenty of accolades from their peers and all three should contend for the sack title this season. Meanwhile, Tristan Okpalaugo is also back in the picture after signing with the Bombers this off-season from the NFL.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/04/qbs-beware-new-contenders-ready-chase-sack-title/

Only two teams have both their def ends chosen: Montreal (Bowman and Knapton) and us.

18 hours ago, Zontar said:

Gainey was an average db and was a liability when put at corner. Dyakowski was getting routinely beat last year. Yes the passport is handy but doesnt he still have to actually perform when he plays ? And Riders gave up a starting receiver for that?

A starter on your team probably but not ours