Beasts and Bums

Guest J5V

Beasts: Ford. Markett, Kelly, H. Muamba, Wild, Turner, Labbe, Washington, D-line

Bums: J. Johnson, Suber, Watson, C. Muamba, O-line, Officials

Watson: This guy is really annoying the hell outa me. First play on offense, he goes offside. Two plays later he is so soft on a ball thrown his way it leads to an easy INT. He finishes the game with 0 catches. What is the problem?

Jovon Johnson: No patience left for this guy. For a small halfback he gambles way too much. Gambled on a pass thrown his way early and the ball easily sailed over his head to the receiver. Returning punts he fumbles way too much. The rest of the D bailed him out today. Talks the talk, can no longer walk the walk. Please trade this guy while we can get something for him.

Suber: Like Johnson, too small, gambles too much. Can't stand the dreds flying around. Would like to see him gone too.

C. Muamba: Does this guy have a clue out there? Constantly out of position chasing the play. D-line covered for him today.

O-line: Yield 7 sacks. Offense has no time to develop plays. Can't open holes for running backs. Please, please, please fix this O-line and please do anything to get Boatman out of there!

Ford: 98 yard kickoff return. First for Bombers since Stokes in 2004. Speed to burn! Love it!

Markett: Was all over the field today making INTs and fumble recoveries. Loved his game today.

H. Muamba: Did a fabulous job on Sheets. Would not yield anything inside the red zone all day. Durant will have nightmares. Couldn't ask for better. Sask 0 TDs today.

Wild and Turner: Pressured Durant all game long. Splendid performance disrupting Sask's offense all around.

Labbe: Solid blue-collar effort and forced a huge fumble from Durant. Fabulous game.

D-line: Simply dominant today. Riders scored zero TDs. Pressured Durant all day.

Honourable mention to Clarence Denmark. Looked like he was at least trying out there.

Note to officials: Sask was holding flagrantly all game long on both sides of the ball, along the lines and in the secondary. When a player the caliber of Terrence Edwards complains about being held chances are, he is. With 2:40 left in the game, the offensive pass interference by Dressler was atrocious yet you threw no flag. Please look at some film. Also, the reason Kohlert may not have got his toe down inbounds, and I'm not sure he didn't, is because he was pushed out. Even with a review you couldn't get this call right.

Goltz: You did some things well, some not so much. You pushed the ball upfield and helped to keep Sask's D honest. You threw the ball away when you had nothing. But you can't be fumbling like you did at the end of the game. If the game is closer that could have cost us the win.

Beasts: Ford. Markett, Kelly, H. Muamba, Wild, Turner, Labbe, Washington, D-line

Bums: J. Johnson, Suber, Watson, C. Muamba, O-line, Officials

Watson: This guy is really annoying the hell outa me. First play on offense, he goes offside. Two plays later he is so soft on a ball thrown his way it leads to an easy INT. He finishes the game with 0 catches. What is the problem?

Jovon Johnson: No patience left for this guy. For a small halfback he gambles way too much. Gambled on a pass thrown his way early and the ball easily sailed over his head to the receiver. Returning punts he fumbles way too much. The rest of the D bailed him out today. Talks the talk, can no longer walk the walk. Please trade this guy while we can get something for him.

Suber: Like Johnson, too small, gambles too much. Can't stand the dreds flying around. Would like to see him gone too.

C. Muamba: Does this guy have a clue out there? Constantly out of position chasing the play. D-line covered for him today.

O-line: Yield 7 sacks. Offense has no time to develop plays. Can't open holes for running backs. Please, please, please fix this O-line and please do anything to get Boatman out of there!

Ford: 98 yard kickoff return. First for Bombers since Stokes in 2004. Speed to burn! Love it!

Markett: Was all over the field today making INTs and fumble recoveries. Loved his game today.

H. Muamba: Did a fabulous job on Sheets. Would not yield anything inside the red zone all day. Durant will have nightmares. Couldn't ask for better. Sask 0 TDs today.

Wild and Turner: Pressured Durant all game long. Splendid performance disrupting Sask's offense all around.

Labbe: Solid blue-collar effort and forced a huge fumble from Durant. Fabulous game.

D-line: Simply dominant today. Riders scored zero TDs. Pressured Durant all day.

Honourable mention to Clarence Denmark. Looked like he was at least trying out there.

Note to officials: Sask was holding flagrantly all game long on both sides of the ball, along the lines and in the secondary. When a player the caliber of Terrence Edwards complains about being held chances are, he is. With 2:40 left in the game, the offensive pass interference by Dressler was atrocious yet you threw no flag. Please look at some film. Also, the reason Kohlert may not have got his toe down inbounds, and I'm not sure he didn't, is because he was pushed out. Even with a review you couldn't get this call right.

Goltz: You did some things well, some not so much. You pushed the ball upfield and helped to keep Sask's D honest. You threw the ball away when you had nothing. But you can't be fumbling like you did at the end of the game. If the game is closer that could have cost us the win.

TIL Edwards gets held EVERY SINGLE PLAY

Suber is a bum when he had a damned good game? Did you notice Dressler doing anything today? That's cause Suber was doing his thing. He's had a real tough year to be sure but today he was real good. 

The secondary was okay because Durant was under so much pressure. I can't honestly think of a single play Suber made today that warranted any praise. What I don't like about him is how he seems to arrive late and then pile-on head-first just to make his hair extensions flop around. He might think it looks cool but I think it looks ridiculous.

Suber is a bum when he had a damned good game? Did you notice Dressler doing anything today? That's cause Suber was doing his thing. He's had a real tough year to be sure but today he was real good. 

The secondary was okay because Durant was under so much pressure. I can't honestly think of a single play Suber made today that warranted any praise. What I don't like about him is how he seems to arrive late and then pile-on head-first just to make his hair extensions flop around. He might think it looks cool but I think it looks ridiculous.

He had a diving pass knockdown in the 3rd quarter against Dressler.

Then try harder. I can think of two late in the 4th quarter where they tried to get Dressler the ball and Suber was there in good coverage to break it up. I can think of one where the receiver had to knock the ball away from him to prevent a pick, I can think of a knockdown... Suber was good today to suggest otherwise is just ignorance. 

He had a diving pass knockdown in the 3rd quarter against Dressler.

Stellar play that was. He had a couple others too. Front four brought pressure early and often, but the secondary did their part too.

The only thing Cauchy Muamba does well is blitz.  That penalty on a hook sliding Durant was about the dumbest I've seen in my life, particularly from a guy who rarely hits anyone downhill as a safety.

Even Suitor thought that was a questionable penalty iirc since Durant didn't really telegraph that he was going to slide.

The only thing Cauchy Muamba does well is blitz.  That penalty on a hook sliding Durant was about the dumbest I've seen in my life, particularly from a guy who rarely hits anyone downhill as a safety.

Even Suitor thought that was a questionable penalty iirc since Durant didn't really telegraph that he was going to slide.

Suitor thinks a lot of things, also thought Burke didn't have to challenge the Denmark catch in the endzone because it was a scoring play.  Muamba had more than a full stride to let up and if a QB goes down with his feet in front of his head, he's dead and the ball isn't advancing.  He doesn't have to put out a tweet saying he's done running.

I've come in here late, but I've got to tell you, you're way off on Suber tonight.

He had his best game in awhile out there, tackling, being on the ball and shutting down.

Another piece that was part of an outstanding defence today.

For as much spittle as they've been getting lately, that's the kind of D that helps win games.