Canadian Politics

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Not sure if you skipped past this a page or two ago, but it bears investigation.

https://deanblundell.com/news/nathan-jacobson-plymouth-brethren-church-asked-me-to-take-out-justin-trudeau/

No, I had not read that.  I usually browse MBB on my smart phone, and all that stuff showed up as a narrow band of text

I made my comment based on my own experience - I have spent time with members of the Plymouth Brethern - some of them own Accent furniture in Stonewall

The billions in PPE, sure check it out.  

A guy on speaking on blackballed (whatever the hell that is) was asked to take out Trudeau?? Not so much

'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Actor Who Killed Mother Also Targeted Justin Trudeau: Court

Canadian actor Ryan Grantham, who has appeared on “Riverdale” and the 2010 film version of “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” pleaded guilty to killing his mother in March — but now comes word he also allegedly plotted to kill Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as well.

That revelation came during the sentencing hearing for the 24-year-old Grantham, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder earlier this year.
According to the CBC, Grantham shot 64-year-old Barbara Waite in the back of the head in March 2020 while she was playing the piano.

Interesting theme Brian Jean is campaigning on, we damn well know the group he is appealing to, the question is how far will he push it if he becomes UCP leader or premier.  Jason Kenney made the same noises but took no action.  It's up to AB. moderates to wake up and beat the nutbars back, if they elect this joker it will be 4 more years of promoting ignorance, disruption and threats.

UCP co-founder Brian Jean officially launches campaign to become party  leader | Globalnews.ca

they only want Autonomy when the Grits are in Ottawa. When the Tories win it back, all of a sudden AB will want a tight relationship with the feds. You think they'd be screaming for autonomy if Uncle Steve was in charge? People in this province are just lunatics, for the most part. Especially the rural ones. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/anand-norad-radar-continental-defence-1.6494658

Canada will spend $4.9 billion over the next six years to modernize continental defence, Defence Minister Anita Anand said Monday.

The figure represents Canada's share of the cost of overhauling the decades-old joint bi-national air defence command, which was originally designed to watch out for Soviet bombers. The project was not part of the Liberal government's 2017 defence policy document.

The nature of NORAD has changed in recent years as it has assumed additional responsibilities for monitoring sealane approaches to North America and guarding against cyberattacks.

The NORAD overhaul will include the replacement of the North Warning System, a chain of radar stations in the Far North. The system eventually will be replaced with two different types of radar systems — one northern, one polar — that have the ability to look over the horizon.

The overhaul also will deploy new satellites built to track moving targets on the ground and a top-secret series of remote sensors.

On 2022-06-17 at 1:04 PM, GCn20 said:

Fair enough. lol...although the last couple pages here have seen some whoppers out of left field.

Is anybody truly 100 percent left or right tho? I mean personally I lean both ways. The left has good points on certain things, the right does also. Personally the right is good on crime, the left makes sense towards gun laws tho for example.  The left is good for health care generally, the right is good for balancing imaginary money we can print more of. Is anybody truly left right or center really 

Edited by Goalie

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

Is anybody truly 100 percent left or right tho? I mean personally I lean both ways. The left has good points on certain things, the right does also. Personally the right is good on crime, the left makes sense towards gun laws tho for example.  The left is good for health care generally, the right is good for balancing imaginary money we can print more of. Is anybody truly left right or center really 

In a perfect world..no...in today's reality politics and media/anti-media are driving sensible people out to the fringes. I would hope that in the near future that a return to centre and away from the fringes will make a much needed correction to the very polarized and non-sensical approach many are taking now in politics and political support. It is gross.

I like some policies and beliefs from every party on the spectrum, but some will never admit that each party has some redeeming qualities and will instead villify them and their supporters. That is so sad imo. Being open to opinion and debate without name calling and labelling those who opposed our viewpoint used to be what made Canada such a better place than America. Now, our politics are just as gross.

Edited by GCn20

56 minutes ago, do or die said:

Always good to get useful input from our friends down South.....

Fox News Guest Blasts Justin Trudeau’s ‘Dictator Starter Kit’ After Canada Bans Plastic Straws
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-guest-blasts-justin-trudeaus-dictator-starter-kit-after-canada-bans-plastic-straws/

They can't even cover an inquiry into how they almost lost their democracy... plastic straw ban in another country though.... 

1oUo.gif