Canadian Politics

Another reason for the right wing to hate Trudeau:

Canada Will Allow Americans To Cross The Border For Abortions: Trudeau

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Saturday that the U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn a constitutional right to abortion could lead to the loss of other rights and indicated his country would continue to allow Americans to get abortions in Canada.

Trudeau called the court’s decision “horrific” and voiced concern that the ruling could someday allow a rollback of legal protections for gay relationships, including the right for same-sex couples to marry.
“We know that this is an extremely, not just scary, but disheartening time for so many women,” Trudeau said at a news conference in Kigali, Rwanda, at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.

“Women for generations have fought for more rights in the United States, (only) to see this setback, to worry as well about how this can be expanded to more rights be taken away in the United States,” he said.

“This is a reminder of how we need to be unequivocal in our defense of people’s rights, in not taking anything for granted, in staying vigilant, and always standing up for woman’s rights, for LBGT rights, for the rights of people who are disenfranchised and marginalized,” he added.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/canada-will-allow-americans-to-cross-the-border-for-abortions-trudeau_n_62b76e11e4b04a61736b4169

Asked if his government would help American women seeking abortions in Canada, Trudeau did not directly respond, but said: “Everyday Americans who find themselves in Canada access our health care system in Canada and that’s certainly something that will continue,”

So this is where I've lived the past 15 years. I can tell you that the majority of people think this is hilarious and don't understand why someone would be upset... 

For clarification, it's someone dressed as Trudeau driving a tractor pulling a white person "dressed as Singh" (sigh....) in a manure spreader..... 

I'm so ******* embarrassed.... 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Hey at least they didn't have Trudeau in black face so they didn't go full retar*ed...  

Reading the twitter response, they feel it's perfectly fine because "Trudope was in black face!" 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

So this is where I've lived the past 15 years. I can tell you that the majority of people think this is hilarious and don't understand why someone would be upset... 

For clarification, it's someone dressed as Trudeau driving a tractor pulling a white person "dressed as Singh" (sigh....) in a manure spreader..... 

I'm so ******* embarrassed.... 

If enough people in Alberta are embarrassed by this, there is still hope.

Honestly surprised a big deal is being made of this story. Not that I don't think it is offensive, but it just seems like a general rural redneck expression that got non-rural attention to me. I don't think it is uncommon to make fun of turbans or people from a different cultural group in rural areas. I don't think it is uncommon to discuss wanting death to Trudeau/Singh. Maybe its just that I grew up in southeast MB and got well acquainted by the intolerance that this doesn't seem to be a huge outlier to me.

52 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Honestly surprised a big deal is being made of this story. Not that I don't think it is offensive, but it just seems like a general rural redneck expression that got non-rural attention to me. I don't think it is uncommon to make fun of turbans or people from a different cultural group in rural areas. I don't think it is uncommon to discuss wanting death to Trudeau/Singh. Maybe its just that I grew up in southeast MB and got well acquainted by the intolerance that this doesn't seem to be a huge outlier to me.

That this sort of thing has become so common as to be banal is both telling about the Alberta culture and sad. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/freedom-convoy-hearings-judge-threatened-1.6502747

One of the judges who presided over the court hearings of Freedom Convoy organizers is speaking out after receiving threats considered serious enough to require police intervention, according to information obtained by Radio-Canada and CBC.

The judge in question confirmed that supporters of the convoy from Canada and the United States sent several offensive messages, but the message that prompted police to react threatened their physical safety, the judge said.

"I thought, should I tell my children not to come home for a while?" the judge said.

"I changed my alarm system. I was advised not to take the same route every day," the judge added. "You feel vulnerable in your house, in your own home."

The judge believes most Canadians respect the justice system, but said a vocal minority is seeking to undermine it.

"It's intimidation. It's trying to influence a court decision, and that's serious," the judge said.

**** the Covidiot Clown Convoy and **** anyone and everyone who supports it. They are a stain on this country.

practically worshipped out here in AB. I don't see how moderate Con's can possibly vote for this guy in the next federal election. Pollievre is no better than Mad Max....and maybe worse, in that he's got a legitimate chance to get elected.