Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

More like they see which way the wind is blowing and don't want any issues being people who didn't support the new leader. 

Mark my words, the CPC is headed for a Trumpian-wannbe party. The Cons have realized they cannot win with their current platform and are unwilling to change to a saner one. So, they will go full-monty and hope they can generate enough astro-turf hysteria and fake grievances that they can intimidate their way to either power or enough influence that the winning party will try to placate them with policies to soothe them.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Mark my words, the CPC is headed for a Trumpian-wannbe party. The Cons have realized they cannot win with their current platform and are unwilling to change to a saner one. So, they will go full-monty and hope they can generate enough astro-turf hysteria and fake grievances that they can intimidate their way to either power or enough influence that the winning party will try to placate them with policies to soothe them.

Led by this dweeb?

Pierre Poilievre's 'Axe the Carbon Tax' rally draws hundreds of supporters  in Ottawa - HpCigar

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

The rhetoric from the MPs supporting PP that he is some great uniter of the CPC or even all of Canada 😄

I'm sure there's some positive ways to describe him, but you absolutely can't paint him as a someone that unites people.

Surprised this flew under the radar: https://globalnews.ca/video/8903556/singh-chides-mps-for-laughing-during-question-about-grocery-prices

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh chided MPs for laughing during question period at the House of Commons on Tuesday after he asked a question about grocery prices, saying that one in every four Canadians is going hungry because they can’t afford their grocery bill. Singh demanded the government “stop protecting the wealth of these corporations and start standing up for families who need help right now.”

You have to be a real piece of human excrement to laugh at the fact Canadians are struggling with food insecurity.

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Surprised this flew under the radar: https://globalnews.ca/video/8903556/singh-chides-mps-for-laughing-during-question-about-grocery-prices

You have to be a real piece of human excrement to laugh at the fact Canadians are struggling with food insecurity.

Once politicians get a taste at the trough peasants are no longer a concern for them

40 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And what's frustrating even more is some of these people struggling with food security vote for the same people who are laughing at them.

This is so crazy it's hard to believe, but knowing about orgs like "The Family" it bears keeping an eye on.

NATHAN JACOBSON: PLYMOUTH BRETHREN CHURCH ASKED ME TO ‘TAKE OUT’ JUSTIN TRUDEAU

13087561_10157087478665122_7433671214423980190_n-106x106.jpg

James Di Fiore  News  Jun 03, 2022

He was once a political asset for former Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He calls Benjamin Netanyahu a personal friend.

Yesterday, business mogul Nathan Jacobson dropped a bomb on Blackballed when he, along with self-professed political fixer David Wallace, claimed they were asked by a member of the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church (PBCC) to do ‘whatever it takes to ‘take out Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.’

Jacobson said they punctuated their somewhat ambiguous request by saying, “name your price. ”

Blackballed: @jamesdifiore & @ryanlindley welcomes David Wallace and Nathan Jacobson to the show https://t.co/lwsXgWI6my

— James DiFiore (@jamesdifiore) June 3, 2022

According to Jacobson and Wallace, Alan Hallman was also on the Zoom call, a notorious fixer for former Alberta Premier Ralph Klein, Rodney Diplock,  a high-ranking leader inside the PPBC, Brad Mitchell, another PBCC member, and Gerald Chipeur, a well-known attorney who was once the general counsel to the Conservative Party of Canada, now count the PBCC as a client.

“Chipeur is the key bagman for the Conservative Party in Alberta,” Jacobson said. “I would say he’s probably one of the principal bagmen and behind-the-scene influencers federal in the Conservative Party that represents the extreme right, religious fringe.”

Video: We Interviewed The Doug Ford/Russia “Whistleblower,” David Wallace, And It Was BANANAS https://t.co/PtJOGXUrYD

— Dean Blundell (@ItsDeanBlundell) June 3, 2022

The startling claim is part of a massive dossier called the Klondike Papers, which Blackball Media obtained after a story broke earlier this week that appeared to show Premier Doug Ford’s office was actively engaging in backchannel discussions with Kirill Mikhaylov, the Russian Consul General of Toronto.

The details of how Jacobson got wrapped up in this story stem from Wallace’s claim that Chipeur and Hallman retained his services to help track down a former member of the PBCC, Richard Marsh, a whistleblower. The latter blew the lid off an alleged PBCC scam that fraudulently siphoned millions of dollars from the UK’s National Health Service.

According to both Jacobson and Wallace, the PBCC told them Marsh had warrants for his arrest, but they discovered Marsh did not have any outstanding arrest warrants after some due diligence. When Wallace and Jacobson informed Chipeur, Hallman, and the PBCC that no such warrants existed, Hallman allegedly requested that they “grab Marsh and turn him over to us.”

“You got the wrong person,” Jacobson told them. He also said that when he was on the same call, he informed them that because of the attempted manipulation and what sounded to Jacobson like a request to help the PBCC kidnap Marsh, he would now do whatever it takes to protect Marsh from the PBCC.

Jacobson’s motivation for speaking out appears to be his longtime friendship with Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, who he says is in bed with radical Christian groups like the PBCC. He says he still considers Kenney, a friend.

Jacobson took Kenney to Israel several times and said he appreciated Kenney’s steadfast support of the state of Israel.

Jacobson added that he is intimately familiar with how politics works in various countries and stressed the importance of having access to both bagmen and money.

*We can’t confirm any of what Mr. Jacobson told James Di Fiore, nor do we endorse it as truth. These are Mr. Wallace’s and Mr. Jacobson’s accounts of what they say are/were their experiences. 

https://deanblundell.com/news/nathan-jacobson-plymouth-brethren-church-asked-me-to-take-out-justin-trudeau/

6 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

This is so crazy it's hard to believe, but knowing about orgs like "The Family" it bears keeping an eye on.

NATHAN JACOBSON: PLYMOUTH BRETHREN CHURCH ASKED ME TO ‘TAKE OUT’ JUSTIN TRUDEAU

13087561_10157087478665122_7433671214423980190_n-106x106.jpg

James Di Fiore  News  Jun 03, 2022

He was once a political asset for former Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He calls Benjamin Netanyahu a personal friend.

Yesterday, business mogul Nathan Jacobson dropped a bomb on Blackballed when he, along with self-professed political fixer David Wallace, claimed they were asked by a member of the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church (PBCC) to do ‘whatever it takes to ‘take out Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.’

Jacobson said they punctuated their somewhat ambiguous request by saying, “name your price. ”

Blackballed: @jamesdifiore & @ryanlindley welcomes David Wallace and Nathan Jacobson to the show https://t.co/lwsXgWI6my

— James DiFiore (@jamesdifiore) June 3, 2022

According to Jacobson and Wallace, Alan Hallman was also on the Zoom call, a notorious fixer for former Alberta Premier Ralph Klein, Rodney Diplock,  a high-ranking leader inside the PPBC, Brad Mitchell, another PBCC member, and Gerald Chipeur, a well-known attorney who was once the general counsel to the Conservative Party of Canada, now count the PBCC as a client.

“Chipeur is the key bagman for the Conservative Party in Alberta,” Jacobson said. “I would say he’s probably one of the principal bagmen and behind-the-scene influencers federal in the Conservative Party that represents the extreme right, religious fringe.”

Video: We Interviewed The Doug Ford/Russia “Whistleblower,” David Wallace, And It Was BANANAS https://t.co/PtJOGXUrYD

— Dean Blundell (@ItsDeanBlundell) June 3, 2022

The startling claim is part of a massive dossier called the Klondike Papers, which Blackball Media obtained after a story broke earlier this week that appeared to show Premier Doug Ford’s office was actively engaging in backchannel discussions with Kirill Mikhaylov, the Russian Consul General of Toronto.

The details of how Jacobson got wrapped up in this story stem from Wallace’s claim that Chipeur and Hallman retained his services to help track down a former member of the PBCC, Richard Marsh, a whistleblower. The latter blew the lid off an alleged PBCC scam that fraudulently siphoned millions of dollars from the UK’s National Health Service.

According to both Jacobson and Wallace, the PBCC told them Marsh had warrants for his arrest, but they discovered Marsh did not have any outstanding arrest warrants after some due diligence. When Wallace and Jacobson informed Chipeur, Hallman, and the PBCC that no such warrants existed, Hallman allegedly requested that they “grab Marsh and turn him over to us.”

“You got the wrong person,” Jacobson told them. He also said that when he was on the same call, he informed them that because of the attempted manipulation and what sounded to Jacobson like a request to help the PBCC kidnap Marsh, he would now do whatever it takes to protect Marsh from the PBCC.

Jacobson’s motivation for speaking out appears to be his longtime friendship with Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, who he says is in bed with radical Christian groups like the PBCC. He says he still considers Kenney, a friend.

Jacobson took Kenney to Israel several times and said he appreciated Kenney’s steadfast support of the state of Israel.

Jacobson added that he is intimately familiar with how politics works in various countries and stressed the importance of having access to both bagmen and money.

*We can’t confirm any of what Mr. Jacobson told James Di Fiore, nor do we endorse it as truth. These are Mr. Wallace’s and Mr. Jacobson’s accounts of what they say are/were their experiences. 

https://deanblundell.com/news/nathan-jacobson-plymouth-brethren-church-asked-me-to-take-out-justin-trudeau/

I hope the RCMP has launched an investigation on this with an eye to laying charges and extradition.

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

One of the things I hate most about politics is the need to constantly applaud whenever your side says something and boo and hiss whenever another side says something. I was absolutely disgusted when an NDP MLA was asking a question about personal care homes during a Covid wave and she was drowned out by the PCs cheering and applauding when she mentioned the health minister. I emailed a few PC MLAs to ask if they were part of the applause. I got one response and they said they would look into it and get back to me. He obviously never did respond.

Political theatre is so annoying and sometimes goes overboard. Our political system would be so much better for citizens if there was more reaching across the lines and actual consideration for what policies would do best for the people. Way too much tribalism from all sides.

Edited by WildPath

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Important to note that the laughter was coming from the Conservative caucus.  

15 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Important to note that the laughter was coming from the Conservative caucus.  

We don't know why they were laughing. I suspect there was some heckling, back and forth, which is common from ALL parties, and they were reacting to that. 

Should they have been listening? Yes, but there are long stretches where they are engaged in their own side discussions and/or heckling, etc. 

It happens in every legislature. It happens with all parties. 

I would like to know the full context. What happened before this clip, etc. Unfortunately, Hansard does not record the background. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

We don't know why they were laughing. I suspect there was some heckling, back and forth, which is common from ALL parties, and they were reacting to that. 

Should they have been listening? Yes, but there are long stretches where they are engaged in their own side discussions and/or heckling, etc. 

It happens in every legislature. It happens with all parties. 

I would like to know the full context. What happened before this clip, etc. Unfortunately, Hansard does not record the background. 

It does happen with all parties. Its just unfortunate that the party complaining about the cost of living and the need for tax cuts the loudest is also caught laughing when another party is talking about people not having enough money for food.

Likely (hopefully?) unrelated to the substance of what Singh is saying - perhaps like the cameras catching a football player laughing/smiling on the sidelines while their team is getting spanked.

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

One of the things I hate most about politics is the need to constantly applaud whenever your side says something and boo and hiss whenever another side says something. I was absolutely disgusted when an NDP MLA was asking a question about personal care homes during a Covid wave and she was drowned out by the PCs cheering and applauding when she mentioned the health minister. I emailed a few PC MLAs to ask if they were part of the applause. I got one response and they said they would look into it and get back to me. He obviously never did respond.

Political theatre is so annoying and sometimes goes overboard. Our political system would be so much better for citizens if there was more reaching across the lines and actual consideration for what policies would do best for the people. Way too much tribalism from all sides.

It is so ridiculous, you would never find this model of disfunction operating within a business meeting or a committee of any kind.  The objective of achievement should be the common goal, if they have to remove the cameras to get them back to behaving rationally and responsibly so be it.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Singh seems pretty convinced:

It still seems a bit more gotcha politics than any substantial to me. This is coming from someone who thinks the NDP legitimately care about the high food prices much more than the CPC.

I'd still like background, but I'm guessing someone said a funny boo/hiss during that portion of the charade and others laughed at it. Pretty sure CPC MPs are aware laughing openly about food prices would not go over well.

24 minutes ago, WildPath said:

It still seems a bit more gotcha politics than any substantial to me. This is coming from someone who thinks the NDP legitimately care about the high food prices much more than the CPC.

I'd still like background, but I'm guessing someone said a funny boo/hiss during that portion of the charade and others laughed at it. Pretty sure CPC MPs are aware laughing openly about food prices would not go over well.

Considering the direction in which the CPC is headed recently, I think you're giving them too much credit. 

What took place Tuesday seems like one of two things, IMO: opposition members laughing at a legitimate concern expressed by Singh and his proposed solution, or opposition members not paying attention to the NDP member who has the floor and laughing at unrelated antics taking place in the house. Either way, it comes across poorly as the troubles of "regular" Canadians are not being taken seriously at all.

And when you factor in how well they're compensated (https://www.taxpayer.com/newsroom/poll-nearly-8-in-10-canadians-against-mp-pay-raise), it makes them seem even more out of touch with reality as they're insulated far better than most Canadians from the skyrocketing increases to commodities like fuel and necessities like food.

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And when you factor in how well they're compensated (https://www.taxpayer.com/newsroom/poll-nearly-8-in-10-canadians-against-mp-pay-raise), it makes them seem even more out of touch with reality as they're insulated far better than most Canadians from the skyrocketing increases to commodities like fuel and necessities like food.

Not to mention the favourite to be their next leader has never had a real job, yet is the great hero of the working class. I'll never understand how people who have nothing in common with working class people and likely have disdain for them (Trump/PP) can be seen as their champion that is fighting the elites for them....