Canadian Politics

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What gets me even more is he is an Ottawa MP! Like you want to buddy up with people harassing the people who live in your own constituency! Way to win hearts and minds.

It's a mostly rural riding, that barely touches the city. But, point made. 

You would think that anyone who witnessed the terrorists acts by these alt-right cowards would want to stay away. 

Unless of course, you are a alt-right coward too. And, PP is dumb enough to fit right in. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

practically worshipped out here in AB. I don't see how moderate Con's can possibly vote for this guy in the next federal election. Pollievre is no better than Mad Max....and maybe worse, in that he's got a legitimate chance to get elected. 

Maybe as the premier of Alberta, but no chance in Hell as Prime Minister.

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

PP could win but I think he shrinks the base and can't see him getting the ridings in Quebec, BC and Ontario that they need. People mention Ford as a Conservative that won despite the odds but he's likeable and not an *******.

Ford also had the good sense to shut up and not piss people off. Being angry and loud and "edgy" is all PP has. He's basically Jason kenney. Horribly divisive and unfit to lead.

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

And, PP is dumb enough to fit right in. 

I still don't buy that PP is dumb. Sees a bunch of idiots that are easy to manipulate to make personal gains. That's not dumb, that's selfish and narcissistic. Same thing with most of the Trumpist GOP in the US. MTG a few others might legitimately be idiots, the rest are just using them.

14 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I still don't buy that PP is dumb. Sees a bunch of idiots that are easy to manipulate to make personal gains. That's not dumb, that's selfish and narcissistic. Same thing with most of the Trumpist GOP in the US. MTG a few others might legitimately be idiots, the rest are just using them.

No, just listen to him. Doesn't understand basic economics. He's an idiot but probably not as dumb as those that would vote for him. 

Bitcoin for hedging against inflation? 

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

No, he is pretty dumb, he should at least be aware that by leading this parade of idiots and supporting their gibberish, he is probably losing the support of moderate conservative voters nationwide.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

No, just listen to him. Doesn't understand basic economics. He's an idiot but probably not as dumb as those that would vote for him. 

Bitcoin for hedging against inflation? 

Again, I'm not sure he actually believes that bitcoin is a hedge against inflation. He holds crypto and promoting it is just another avenue for personal gains and the lunatic convoy people love crypto, so might as well promote it. Fortunately with the fall of bitcoin, he's got all sorts of egg over his face and personal financial loss as well.

Somehow his supporters will ignore it and see him as an economic genius that will free the country from Trudeau's idiot financial policies.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

No, he is pretty dumb, he should at least be aware that by leading this parade of idiots and supporting their gibberish, he is probably losing the support of moderate conservative voters nationwide.

I can only hope you're right, but I thought the same thing with Trump. I assume most moderate conservatives will still embrace him if he's the leader rather than Liberals.

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

Again, I'm not sure he actually believes that bitcoin is a hedge against inflation. He holds crypto and promoting it is just another avenue for personal gains and the lunatic convoy people love crypto, so might as well promote it. Fortunately with the fall of bitcoin, he's got all sorts of egg over his face and personal financial loss as well.

Somehow his supporters will ignore it and see him as an economic genius that will free the country from Trudeau's idiot financial policies.

It was probably somehow Trudeau and his Liberal policies' fault that bitcoin is falling to begin with

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

It was probably somehow Trudeau and his Liberal policies' fault that bitcoin is falling to begin with

It is obviously the Trudeaus- both senior and deceased as well as Justin that Bitcoin and crytocurrencies were created in the first place in conjunction with the Bilderberg group and Illuminati.  I thought everyone knew that.

20 hours ago, Tracker said:

Maybe as the premier of Alberta, but no chance in Hell as Prime Minister.

My worry is that the economy and the lingering effects of the pandemic  ( inflation,  shortages, general frustrations real and imagined) will override what he is doing. ( selling his soul for power ). I'm really hoping the Libs convince Trudeau to step down before the next election. A new face would go a long way to insuring PP disappears into the books as a failed Trump wanna be.

49 minutes ago, the watcher said:

My worry is that the economy and the lingering effects of the pandemic  ( inflation,  shortages, general frustrations real and imagined) will override what he is doing. ( selling his soul for power ). I'm really hoping the Libs convince Trudeau to step down before the next election. A new face would go a long way to insuring PP disappears into the books as a failed Trump wanna be.

Agreed. Trudeau needs to go now. Lots of viable leader candidates in govt and out. 

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

Folks it's only going to get worse, the morons had a taste now they want control to do as they please, we need to stop worrying about what is going on down south and worry about what is happening up here.

Kinda surprised that Pierre Poilievre wasn't there for the photo-op.

When I watch clips of these protestors,  words fail me in regards to who stupid they are.  I saw them signing a petition to have Trudeau arrested for treason. Do they even know what treason means? What alternate universe are they living in when they think they will make changes.  99.99 % of Canadians are either laughing at them or really angry with their actions. As for them calling themselves"patriots"- wrapping yourself in a flag or carrying a flag does not make you a patriot. I have had relatives who have died fighting for this country's freedom. They are the real patriots, not these bunch of morons. As for the conservative "leaders" who support them. These leaders will turn on them in a second to suit their own goals. They are only in it for their own gain, like most politicians

8 hours ago, Bugsybombers said:

What alternate universe are they living in when they think they will make changes.

I would argue that they have changed provincial politics. Manitoba quickly caved to them for example, not to mention the preferential treatment they received when they occupied Winnipeg.

PP also took credit along with them for removal of some of the federal vax mandates that were removed, but I'm not sure they played as big a role in federal decisions as they did in provincial decisions.

On 2022-06-30 at 10:28 AM, Noeller said:

practically worshipped out here in AB. I don't see how moderate Con's can possibly vote for this guy in the next federal election. Pollievre is no better than Mad Max....and maybe worse, in that he's got a legitimate chance to get elected. 

No one is as bad as Bernier. He's an ass clown.