Canadian Politics

Well he gets a lot of blame, so we have to give Justin some praise for getting an exemption on the Trumptariffs.

right? He did call Trump a day or two about it.

smart negotiator, or lucky break?

Edited by Mark F

22 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nope, that isn't what I'm saying. My initial comment you quoted and clearly misinterpreted was more in regard to Jones' inability to manage his roster both from a balance and financial standpoint.

Hint: if you're going to quote someone and then ask a dumb question, ask for clarification instead and avoid being confused. 

The 'Riders balance their books the same way the liberals do.... they don't :4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

People are waking up from their Liberal and NDP nightmares and seeing the damage can they inflict in a very short time on an economy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave of blue provincially and federally in the coming elections. 

57 minutes ago, pigseye said:

People are waking up from their Liberal and NDP nightmares and seeing the damage can they inflict in a very short time on an economy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave of blue provincially and federally in the coming elections. 

its a cycle.  Just like in the US.  Dem Pres = Repub congress.  And vice versa.  Lib PM = Cons provincially.  Overall, people just seem to like change.  And that's not a bad thing, usually.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

I don't think Andrew Scheer is much of a surfer, so he'll probably drown.

He likes to play "dress up" too but he's not as committed.

Scheer_andrew-gurdwara.jpg

14 hours ago, pigseye said:

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/economy/exactly-how-canadas-economy-is-doing-right-now-in-10-charts/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-progressing-well-despite-trade-uncertainty-bank-of-canada-says/article38251079/

What damage are you speaking of exactly?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What damage are you speaking of exactly?

Some people decide their position without worrying too much about facts. 

The Conservative party ruled for fifty years in Alberta, and left a mess. As soon as the NDP was elected, the mess was the NDP party's doing. 

Out of office, Conservatives complain about spending, in office, set records for adding to national debts. Out of office again, demand cuts to everything.  Conservatives still say "trickle down" works, even though it's been thoroughly discredited.

Example

(Chretien government) In 1994-95, the federal deficit was 4.7 per cent of GDP. By 1997-98 the deficit had been eliminated and the federal government ran surpluses for the next nine years. The federal debt was actually reduced by $90 billion; the debt burden fell from 66.6 per cent in 1994-95 to 31.4 per cent in 2006-07.

How does this compare to the Harper government’s fiscal record? In 2006-07, the Conservatives inherited a surplus of $13.8 billion — which they turned into a deficit of $5.8 billion within two years.

Since then, they have been in deficit each and every year. In 2009-10, the deficit reached its peak of 3.5 per cent of GDP. They are desperate now to show a surplus in 2015-16 — one surplus in nine years. Since Harper was elected, the federal debt has increased by over $150 billion, wiping out the reduction in federal debt achieved under Chretien and Martin. 

Still, Conservatives good, liberals bad! or vice versa, or, both bad.

Same thing no matter where you are, Obama, Trump, Putin. 

This is the way things are.

Maybe Because "my father and grandfather were both  ( party name here ____________________).

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Some people decide their position without worrying too much about facts. 

The Conservative party ruled for fifty years in Alberta, and left a mess. As soon as the NDP was elected, the mess was the NDP party's doing. 

Out of office, Conservatives complain about spending, in office, set records for adding to national debts. Out of office again, demand cuts to everything.  Conservatives still say "trickle down" works, even though it's been thoroughly discredited.

Example

Still, Conservatives good, liberals bad! or vice versa, or their both bad.

Same thing no matter where you are, Obama, Trump, Putin. 

This is the way things are.

Maybe Because "my father and grandfather were both  ( party name here ____________________).

I seem to recall a global recession impacting the Cons' time in office.  I also recall the opposition pushing for a larger deficit then was run as they wanted more spending. 

Harper's Cons fell victim to what KBF noted earlier, the change effect. 

"We need a change"

"why?"

"I dont know...just a change"

Trudeau is no Obama.  I used to be a Liberal and I admit I am a Conservative but I was surprised by how the vapid empty suit got over with voters.