Canadian Politics

18 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Serious question; have you seen any articles that called this trip a success? Anything I've seen has called the trip a disaster.

Trudeau made me think of Michael in Arrested Development when he posed for pictures using the namaste hand gesture.

Between that pointless nonsense and this new "budget," it's been a rough start to 2018 for the Liberals in Ottawa. Those bozos continue to do themselves no favours, which is strange considering how self-serving they are.

25 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Do people really care? USA massive debt this year. Best economy ever. In fact it's huge.

Cutting GST by 2% reduced debt right?

That's one thing I wouldn't fault the Liberals for doing if they did, upping the GST back to 7%.  That would add $14 billion to federal coffers and go a long way to offsetting this reckless drunken sailor spending.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That's one thing I wouldn't fault the Liberals for doing if they did, upping the GST back to 7%.  That would add $14 billion to federal coffers and go a long way to offsetting this reckless drunken sailor spending.

I would support this if they raised the personal tax exemption enough to offset the $14B. 

But I don't think drunken sailor spending will stop.

Edited by JCon

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah, the reduction played well and the Cons kept their promise but I dont mind the GST.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would support this if they raised the personal tax exemption enough to offset the $14B. 

I don't think drunken sailor spending will stop regardless.

Yup, lower our damned income tax!

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The hate boner she has for Trudeau is truly remarkable. I'll be the last person to defend our PM but this obsession of hers is legitimately insane. Canada's version of Michelle Malkin, IMO.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise hyper-partisan politics?

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The hate boner she has for Trudeau is truly remarkable. I'll be the last person to defend our PM but this obsession of hers is legitimately insane. Canada's version of Michelle Malkin, IMO.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise hyper-partisan politics?

I dont know her at all which is good so I dont end up judging the person, just the news.  I see nothing wrong with her reporting.  She's tweeting quotes and editorializing quite accurately.  Accusing a foreign government of something which they deny with no evidence should result in you having to justify yourself.  I mean, we expect that of children, why not the PM?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont know her at all which is good so I dont end up judging the person, just the news.  I see nothing wrong with her reporting.  She's tweeting quotes and editorializing quite accurately.  Accusing a foreign government of something which they deny with no evidence should result in you having to justify yourself.  I mean, we expect that of children, why not the PM?

Like I said, I'll be the last person to defend Trudeau or his actions. This particular instance with India is pretty pitiful, to be honest. However, all she does is fixate on him and vilify everything he does, hence my comment comparing her to Malkin.

Malcolm's columns are in the Sun almost daily and it's pretty much the same narrative in every single one. It must be tiring to be so blindly biased, is all. That's why I concluded with the despising hyper-partisan politics. :)

19 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Like I said, I'll be the last person to defend Trudeau or his actions. This particular instance with India is pretty pitiful, to be honest. However, all she does is fixate on him and vilify everything he does, hence my comment comparing her to Malkin.

Malcolm's columns are in the Sun almost daily and it's pretty much the same narrative in every single one. It must be tiring to be so blindly biased, is all. That's why I concluded with the despising hyper-partisan politics. :)

She works for the Sun and contributes to the Rebel, so basically she's just fulfilling her employers wishes to attack everything Liberal.  As a journalist she's allowed herself to become partisan which diminishes her credibility and will probably limit her career options down the road.

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

She works for the Sun and contributes to the Rebel, so basically she's just fulfilling her employers wishes to attack everything Liberal.  As a journalist she's allowed herself to become partisan which diminishes her credibility and will probably limit her career options down the road.

One can hope, anyway.

9 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Serious question; have you seen any articles that called this trip a success? Anything I've seen has called the trip a disaster.

Trudeau made me think of Michael in Arrested Development when he posed for pictures using the namaste hand gesture.

His base will say he did great  & we know it. 

Justin's first day in QP after India (yesterday was budget day so didn't count). After watching Trudeau just babble nonsense in response, I don't know why they bother with Question Period.  It will never be called "Answer Period", that's for sure.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 2/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, sweep the leg said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4046043/sikh-canadian-khalistan-activists-trudeau-india-modi/