Canadian Politics

46 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I lean to the right of centre for sure. Hate identity politics, hate fiscal irresponsibility, hate tax increases, hate big government and federal over reach. Therefore, to me, the Liberals are not the lesser of two evils. Not a huge Poilievre supporter but I will plug my nose and vote for him if it is helps mercy kill this tired and corrupt Liberal government. Glad to see that many in Canada appears to be starting to feel the same way. When the ethics commissioner resigns in disgust its gotten out of hand.

You are not a centrist voter, then.

And the irony of you saying facts over feelings while then stating you'll plug your nose to vote for an alt-right, dog-whistling, rage-baiting populist ghoul to "mercy kill" the current gov't is highly contradictory. This is the same ghoul who supported and took donuts to the Kovidiot Klown Konvoy and their protest petulant tantrum, despite previously shitting on indigenous people for actually protesting the ongoing destruction of their lands at the hands of avarice-driven corporate interests. The same ghoul who shakes hands with white supremacists, marches with stochastic terrorists, tweets blatant misinformation, retweets an oxygen thief like Jordan Peterson, lies through his teeth on a daily basis, and continues to spend the bulk of his adult life suckling at the teat of taxpayers while simultaneously decrying taxation, government, and social responsibility. 

Also, suggesting many Canadians agree with you isn't the gotcha you think it is. It just means that those Canadians are also letting misguided emotion get in the way of critical thinking.

And one more thing: Mario Dion didn't "resign in disgust" earlier this year. He cited his health as a driving factor: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-ethics-commissioner-retiring-after-5-years-citing-health-issues-1.6273311 (https://ciec-ccie.parl.gc.ca/en/news-nouvelles/Pages/Statement-Feb2023-Declaration.aspx)

...I cannot continue to discharge the responsibilities of the position because of persistent health issues and will be stepping down effective February 21, 2023. I wish the Office and the next Commissioner well moving forward."

Edited by blue_gold_84
content added

30 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I lean to the right of centre for sure. Hate identity politics, hate fiscal irresponsibility, hate tax increases, hate big government and federal over reach. Therefore, to me, the Liberals are not the lesser of two evils. Not a huge Poilievre supporter but I will plug my nose and vote for him if it is helps mercy kill this tired and corrupt Liberal government. Glad to see that many in Canada appears to be starting to feel the same way. When the ethics commissioner resigns in disgust its gotten out of hand.

None of this is indicative of a centrist voter. The clue is how often you use "hate". and yes PP is included in as hate. 

34 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

When the ethics commissioner resigns in disgust its gotten out of hand.

Also... this is not even a thing. He resigned because of health issues, unless you are calling him a liar, which would be odd...

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

As a native person are you unaware of how openly racist this iteration of the Conservative party is?  Their definition of "old stock Canadians" only goes back 150 years.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You are not a centrist voter, then.

And the irony of you saying facts over feelings while then stating you'll plug your nose to vote for an alt-right, dog-whistling, rage-baiting populist ghoul to "mercy kill" the current gov't is highly contradictory. This is the same ghoul who supported and took donuts to the Kovidiot Klown Konvoy and their protest petulant tantrum, despite previously shitting on indigenous people for actually protesting the ongoing destruction of their lands at the hands of avarice-driven corporate interests. The same ghoul who shakes hands with white supremacists, marches with stochastic terrorists, retweets Jordan Peterson, lies through his teeth on a daily basis, and continues to spend the bulk of his adult life suckling at the teat of taxpayers while while simultaneously decrying taxation, government, and social responsibility. 

Also, suggesting many Canadians agree with you isn't the gotcha you think it is. It just means that those Canadians are also letting misguided emotion get in the way of critical thinking.

You've got it all wrong bub, nothing but love with a side order of grifting.

"Now Playing, coming soon to a location near you!"

Not a single F*ck Trudeau flag anywhere to be seen!

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Not a single F*ck Trudeau flag anywhere to be seen!

Not even 5 seconds in, on the right. 

The stated aim of the Konvoy was to overthrow the (democratically elected) gov't and install themselves as the new gov't. They wanted to hang the Prime Minister for treason. 

They call him a dictator as the leader of a minority gov't. If they weren't' so stupid, they might be dangerous. 

Edited by JCon

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

The stated aim of the Konvoy was to overthrow the (democratically elected) gov't and install themselves as the new gov't. They wanted to hang the Prime Minister for treason. 

They call him a dictator as the leader of a minority gov't. If they weren't' so stupid, they might be dangerous. 

I missed that flag because I was blubbering from the first note onward.  Tamara's tears are so salty!

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You do realize that these two ideals are often  incompatible right? Tax cuts or failing to increase taxes is a sure fire road to fiscal irresponsibility 

Surely you've never heard of trickle down economics. Tax cuts for the rich benefit everyone!

Fifty years of tax cuts for rich did not trickle down - study concludes (thelondoneconomic.com)

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You do realize that these two ideals are often  incompatible right? Tax cuts or failing to increase taxes is a sure fire road to fiscal irresponsibility 

Yes, to be more clear I hate fiscal irresponsibility that inevitably leads to tax increases

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

Surely you've never heard of trickle down economics. Tax cuts for the rich benefit everyone!

Fifty years of tax cuts for rich did not trickle down - study concludes (thelondoneconomic.com)

Don't mind the idea of taxing the rich if it means cutting the tax on families and working poor. Just doesn't seem to be the case right now.

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

As a native person are you unaware of how openly racist this iteration of the Conservative party is?  Their definition of "old stock Canadians" only goes back 150 years.

As a native I am keenly aware that ALL political parties in this country are racist and have been since confederation. Don't lecture me on that.

17 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Fiscal irresponsibility like the Harper government running 10 straight years of deficit? The same harper government PP was proudly a part of? 

This whole idea that a modern federal government can run a modern country without debt is utterly insane. It's actually not possible at all. You're being fed a lie that is being told to fire up your emotions. The PCs will 100% spend as much if not more than the liberals, but it will go to private hands. I dislike tax hikes as well...but whether they want to admit or not, the Boomer generation, made that an inevitably for us. Taxes will 100% be going up regardless of who is in power. The only real difference is where that money ends up.

PP is an actual leach. He's not an average guy. He's never held a job like you have. He's never had to worry about how he's going to pay bills after his pay check comes in like many Canadians have, including myself. I honestly don't see how anyone could think he's the better option. I promise things will get worse in Canada in every category you mentioned (identity politics, fiscal responsibility, taxes) if his PC party wins.

Also here's a funny video. This kid tried, but failed.

17 hours ago, JCon said:

Eventually, the CPC will have to release some policies. As of now, other than ranting into a camera and offering nothing but rage farming, they've done nothing. They have nothing to share. Just like in the US, the right has no policies other than "woke bad" and tear everything down. 

The Trump administration was a huge failure because they did so little, other than pack the courts with alt-right judges and promote white supremacy.

This is why PP will fail in an election because he has nothing to offer, other than rage farming and the Post Media lapdogs to wax poetic about him. 

Exactly. Ask any PC voter or try to get an answer from an actual PC member about HOW they'll accomplish changing the things they complain about and it's crickets...they will 100% not be putting out policy before the election either. The two previous PC leaders didn't. 

I have a buddy who told me PP will make us more fre....I ask how...he said we'll be able to buy hand guns...even he knew that was a ridiculous statement. 

19 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Bill C-11 is not an all out assault on free speech- that is hyperbole. It looks to need more work and to be ironed out, and that is what they seem to be doing in the senate right now.  

C-11 isn't censorship or an assault on free speech... it's worse because it's legislation pushed by the big cable companies to try and kneecap online platforms. It's a stupid bill but the reasons it is stupid keep getting missed by the most vocal critics.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Fiscal irresponsibility like the Harper government running 10 straight years of deficit? The same harper government PP was proudly a part of? 

This whole idea that a modern federal government can run a modern country without debt is utterly insane. It's actually not possible at all. You're being fed a lie that is being told to fire up your emotions. The PCs will 100% spend as much if not more than the liberals, but it will go to private hands. I dislike tax hikes as well...but whether they want to admit or not, the Boomer generation, made that an inevitably for us. Taxes will 100% be going up regardless of who is in power. The only real difference is where that money ends up.

PP is an actual leach. He's not an average guy. He's never held a job like you have. He's never had to worry about how he's going to pay bills after his pay check comes in like many Canadians have, including myself. I honestly don't see how anyone could think he's the better option. I promise things will get worse in Canada in every category you mentioned (identity politics, fiscal responsibility, taxes) if his PC party wins.

Also here's a funny video. This kid tried, but failed.

Someone call the police, there's been a murder.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That PPC fanboy got killed.

Honestly I don't want to say I felt bad for him...but its clear that he's a young person who has eaten up a lot of the BS presented to him, without ever hearing the other side of things. Hopefully he learned something and actually looks into the things he thinks he believes in.

19 hours ago, JCon said:

These aren't your words nor your subjective interpretations. This is what they said and tried to do caught all on video. Thank goodness for stupidity, it does actually serve a needed purpose.

What fascinates me is how some who claim 'moderate, centrist, lean a bit here or there, everyone's equally bad' completely glosses over serious stuff here with a yea but and than get pissy and posture themselves when called on it by saying Don't lecture me, everyone's equally bad and that's a fact, FULL STOP blah blah blah

It's F'ing annoying. I'd rather engage in a discussion with someone who is upfront with who they really are than someone who bobs and weaves behind labels to remain slippery. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

C-11 isn't censorship or an assault on free speech... it's worse because it's legislation pushed by the big cable companies to try and kneecap online platforms. It's a stupid bill but the reasons it is stupid keep getting missed by the most vocal critics.

Yeah, I am reading up on it and it does seem to be very vague. one says it's to promote Canadian content... it seems to be all over the place- doesn't explain the role of what the CRTC would play... making online content beholden to the same rules as cable providers.. and so forth. 

12 hours ago, GCn20 said:

As a native I am keenly aware that ALL political parties in this country are racist and have been since confederation. Don't lecture me on that.

You have a valid point about the historic prevalence of racism in both the Conservative and Liberal parties, but things are substantially different in the last 20 years. The PCs continue to send coded and sometimes overt racist messages to their base, whereas the Liberals do say stupid things on occasion, but it seems to be more out of lack of awareness rather than malice. The NDP seem to be blameless in this regard. I have aboriginals Blacks and Asians in my immediate and extended families, so I do not speak out of ignorance,

19 hours ago, JCon said:

One thing that always gets missed too, in regards to the use of the emergency act. Is the blatant stock piling of explosive material outside a federal parliament. It was diesel and propane, which obviously the convoy would need to keep going...but I think anyone would be hard pressed to find any government in the world that would be ok with a group who stated what they stated, stock piling those things that close to a federal government building. Even if their intentions were peaceful. No chance in hell would that happen anywhere near the white house etc.