League-Wide All-Stars Announced

Noeller

clearly the problem is they named 3 LBers regardless of which LB position they play... which shouldn't be... if they did that with other positions then theoretically the whole O-line could be tackles and the entire secondary could be corners or an all slotback WR corps, etc... doesn't makes sense for the other positions, so why for LB?... there's no question Leggett was 1) a difference maker in every game he played and 2) the best SAM LB in the league this year... so he got screwed b/c of the lack of positional distinction...

Edited by bearpants

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Bighill over Leggett?

No.

For one thing, Leggett doesn't have his very own Elimimian...

which is why he was elimimianated from consideration.   :blink:

Obviously Moe should have been in there. How many game changing plays and outright winning plays did he make? Wasn't it Moe who stopped BC I think it was at the goal line along the sideline with a brilliant play?

Edited by Mark F

On 12/7/2016 at 1:29 PM, bearpants said:

clearly the problem is they named 3 LBers regardless of which LB position they play... which shouldn't be... if they did that with other positions then theoretically the whole O-line could be tackles and the entire secondary could be corners or an all slotback WR corps, etc... doesn't makes sense for the other positions, so why for LB?... there's no question Leggett was 1) a difference maker in every game he played and 2) the best SAM LB in the league this year... so he got screwed b/c of the lack of positional distinction...

its the same thing with naming 2 RBs in stead of an extra WR to be honest. 

It should be 5 OL, 1 rb 5 wr 1 qb. 4 DL 2 LBs 1 sam 1 saftey 4 DBs. 

At the same time kick cover guys deserve a nod too imop. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:43 AM, Mike said:

I think that they really need to dedicate one LB spot to a SAM, but they don't and until they do, it's somewhat hard to argue Leggett should be there over the other 3. I guess.

Agree. I think they should do that for every position. If a player is a right tackle then he can't be slotted in at guard or tackle, for example.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:29 PM, bearpants said:

if they did that with other positions then theoretically the whole O-line could be tackles and the entire secondary could be corners or an all slotback WR corps, etc... 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

its the same thing with naming 2 RBs in stead of an extra WR to be honest. 

That was kinda the point of the etc... I thought listing 3 position groups would suffice to making my point... ;)

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

That was kinda the point of the etc... I thought listing 3 position groups would suffice to making my point... ;)

its a pretty huge difference between allstaring all slot backs vs a wr and a rb or a cb and a dhb. Sam and rb work entirely different from lb and wr. Its like having 5 DEs and 1 less db. Pass catchers are pass catchers. The use of trips formations and motion you see any one lined up at any position through out a game. You dont see khalil bass covering wrs in man etc.