US Politics

Rich

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391015-trump-to-trudeau-didnt-you-guys-burn-down-the-white-house

President Trump falsely claimed Canada burned down the White House during the War of 1812 while on a phone call with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last month, CNN reported on Wednesday.

It is not clear from the report whether Trump was joking.

According to CNN, on May 25, Trump and Trudeau were discussing the Trump administration imposing tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Canada.

Trump says the tariffs are a matter of national security, something Trudeau reportedly contested during the phone call, sources familiar with the discussion told CNN.

"Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" Trump reportedly quipped in response. 

Trump was apparently referring to the War of 1812, when the White House and much of Washington, D.C., was burned by the British

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

I'm going to repeat something that I told my case worker when she visited me at my place of volunteering today "To me an apology doesn't mean anything if they keep repeating their mistakes"

https://people.com/tv/roseanne-barr-tweets-valerie-jarrett-again/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Edited by iHeart

LOL, Trump staff are just as stupid as he is.

Get a load of this one:

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert on Tuesday cited the D-Day invasion during an answer about the current state of US-German relations.

"We have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany," Nauert said. "Looking back in the history books, today is the 71st anniversary of the speech that announced the Marshall Plan. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government of Germany."

Good God.

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

The way I recall it some racists tried to co opt it. Antifa  attacked, chaos etc.

The torchlight parade in Charlottesville -- the explicitly Nazi one, where marchers chanted "Jew will not replace us!" and terrorized local people -- was led by Richard Spencer, who was a featured speaker at the main rally the next day. 

Spencer was not an interloper in those circles.  He did not co-opt a movement of benign good-faith Confederate apologists who just wanted to preserve some statues. He was an honored guest of the organizers.

(Spencer is a guy who once called for "peaceful ethnic cleansing" in the USA and who has a long rap sheet of association and leadership with white supremacists.  He is best remembered for such internet videos as "Nazi Gets Punched to the Music of Depeche Mode" and "Nazi Gets Punched To Beethoven's 'Ode To Joy'" and "Nazi Gets Punched to 'We Will Rock You'".  He does not do public rallies anymore, claiming that the antifa has made them "no fun.")

Edited by johnzo

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I'm going to repeat something that I told my case worker when she visited me at my place of volunteering today "To me an apology doesn't mean anything if they keep repeating their mistakes"

https://people.com/tv/roseanne-barr-tweets-valerie-jarrett-again/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Might have something to do with new reports that Roseanne is furious about the proposed spin-off.  But you're right, she clearly has no idea what she did was wrong.  If anyone cares about her, they will take away her phone and get her into counseling asap.  or let her fade away spending her $80 million.  It doesnt really matter.

32 minutes ago, johnzo said:

The torchlight parade in Charlottesville -- the explicitly Nazi one, where marchers chanted "Jew will not replace us!" and terrorized local people -- was led by Richard Spencer, who was a featured speaker at the main rally the next day. 

Spencer was not an interloper in those circles.  He did not co-opt a movement of benign good-faith Confederate apologists who just wanted to preserve some statues. He was an honored guest of the organizers.

(Spencer is a guy who once called for "peaceful ethnic cleansing" in the USA and who has a long rap sheet of association and leadership with white supremacists.  He is best remembered for such internet videos as "Nazi Gets Punched to the Music of Depeche Mode" and "Nazi Gets Punched To Beethoven's 'Ode To Joy'" and "Nazi Gets Punched to 'We Will Rock You'".  He does not do public rallies anymore, claiming that the antifa has made them "no fun.")

Thanks..... Not sure how anyone can remember that as anything other than a hardcore nazi rally, where they walked past a synagogue chanting "jews will not replace us" 

and:  

Marchers displayed swastikas on banners and shouted slogans like “blood and soil,” a phrase drawn from Nazi ideology. “This city is run by Jewish communists and criminal niggers,” one demonstrator told Vice News’ Elspeth Reeve during their march. As Jews prayed at a local synagogue, Congregation Beth Israel, men dressed in fatigues carrying semi-automatic rifles stood across the street, according to the temple’s president. Nazi websites posted a call to burn their building. As a precautionary measure, congregants had removed their Torah scrolls and exited through the back of the building when they were done praying.

I can assure you, those Jews, in their place of worship, were terrified. 

here's something that seems relevant. To the person that's here trying to look for something good in the doings of that vile collection of scum I say.

“True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it.”

― Karl R. Popper

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Guilaini has become the POTUS pitbull, everyday he throws out another wild statement, I guess he really missed the limelight and sold his soul.

oh good I'm not the only person who believes that he became a bitter grumpy old fart after the 2008 election

As predicted, the Eagles are now in damage control and not the White House.

Instead of getting traction on what they wanted attention given too theyre on the defensive and now trying to quash the notion that there is/was team dissension.

Coach tip toed around it at a presser and quickly tried to change subject. 

As I was saying this sort of approach never works in the US.

Until there is some sort of dramatic turn in public opinion, and there is zero evidence that it will,

Trump holds all the cards in the larger game with the kneelers and pro kneelers.

19 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Instead of getting traction on what they wanted attention given too theyre on the defensive and now trying to quash the notion that there is/was team dissension.

Until there is some sort of dramatic turn in public opinion, and there is zero evidence that it will,

Trump holds all the cards in the larger game with the kneelers and pro kneelers.

All the talk was about Trump not knowing the words to God Bless America and the paid staff that were at Trump event. 

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

All the talk was about Trump not knowing the words to God Bless America and the paid staff that were at Trump event. 

Not now. Internet rumour making the rounds about player threats, dissension with coach and owner unable to control it with other owners furious. Not surprisingly the usual suspects ESPN and Deadspin , never afraid of rumors when its politically attractive, went silent.

Now that theres no political  points to be scored against Trump and the spotlight has been turned around watch this White House/Eagles story die quickly and quietly.

Ummmm havent seen it.  Even if its true, its a new news cycle.  ALL THE TALK was Trump being a jerk, lying about the invite, how no one wanted to go and how he didnt know the words to God Bless America.  I mean, unless you've been sleeping in a cave for a couple of days, that was the news out of the Eagles/White House.

And by the way, I know you truly believe that those ungrateful black athletes should shut up and dance when told to for the rich white President, but they were under no obligation to accept an invitation to the White House. 

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wow... The mental gymnastics are stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Maybe he's participating in a study. 

In the Cognitive Consequences of Forced Compliance (1959), the investigators Festinger and Merrill Carlsmith asked students to spend an hour doing tedious tasks; e.g. turning pegs a quarter-turn, at fixed intervals. The tasks were designed to induce a strong, negative, mental attitude in the subjects. Once the subjects had done the tasks, the experimenters asked one group of subjects to speak with another subject (an actor) and persuade that impostor-subject that the tedious tasks were interesting and engaging. 

These people got twenty bucks, so........

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4Glmrh5pA4LfXBGK8r8W

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Not now. Internet rumour making the rounds about player threats, dissension with coach and owner unable to control it with other owners furious. Not surprisingly the usual suspects ESPN and Deadspin , never afraid of rumors when its politically attractive, went silent.

Now that theres no political  points to be scored against Trump and the spotlight has been turned around watch this White House/Eagles story die quickly and quietly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTH1Hyy6wjpXAQYDVPMI-I

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Only dotard Trump idiots think that. 

41 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Guiliani must be off his meds and now will say anything for a sound bite

I don't know how to link it here, go check the video of rudy partying in a restaurant in Israel. Pretty bizarre. although normal in Trumpistan.